• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Lose All My PP3 Info During System Recovery?

In summary, a computer expert was able to recover some of the data that was lost when the user did a system recovery.
pampered2007
I am so bummed :cry: Before I did a system recovery on my computer, I thought I saved my PP3 software along with other files, etc. to an external hard drive. Well... when I plugged it into the computer to copy all my saved files to my "new" computer after the recovery, nothing was there. No PP3 software, no files, no music, no nothing! I had a shortcut to PP3 but it doesn't work. Obviously I did something wrong when I thought I was saving. I lost a little over 2 years worth of information. It will take me forever to re-enter everything so I may just re-enter everything for 2009. But still, I am soooo upset right now!

If anyone has any words of wisdom that just might help, please let me know. Thank you :)

My words of wisdom would be to always check your back up! Sorry that's about it!

I would suggest trying to contact a computer expert. Someone that really knows computers. I have found a lot of people claim to be "experts".
This happened to me this year. All this time I thought I was backing it up correctly on top of backing it up on Nortons. Only to find out I was doing it wrong too. After having a meltdown, I called our computer guy, and within minutes he recovered my PP3 program. It was worth every penny. I truly feel for you. I have only been doing this for a year, so I can't imagine how defeated you must feel.
My advice is have a meltdown, indulged in chocolate then call a computer expert.
Let us know how things work out.

Yes, the experts at Circuit City, Comp USA, etc. can probably recover the data. If you let an expert look at it BEFORE you start putting a bunch of stuff back on, they might be able to still recover it for you as it's not really "gone" until you re-write over that section of the disk.Don't let a family friend do it! Go to a professional who does that for a living!!!

AAACKKK! This happened to me TWICE and is the whole reason I have a jump drive! All shows are backed up to it as soon as they close.If nobody is able to help you, you can at least get a handle on which show is which by going to consultants corner, clicking on "product adjustment" and tell it you don't know the name of the show. The computer should bring up the host, show numbers and all the products still under warranty.

One good thing is that I print out show summary reports for all my shows. So I can go back and re-enter information that way. Tonight I re-installed PP3 and the only information on there is any online orders that I have had. Since I re-installed PP3..is it to late to try to recover what I've lost???

Also, when I am re-entering all past show information, should I just enter information from 2009 or should I enter EVERYTHING from the beginning starting with my very first show?

Depends on how much info you want to sit there and type.They will show as "unsubmitted shows."

A similar thing happened to me and my husband (my own computer expert) was able to recover everything using a file recovery program. It is a very time consuming and possibly spendy process if you have to call in an expert but could be worth it. We're a few states away otherwise I'd send him over. Good luck!

Di_Can_Cook said:
They will show as "unsubmitted shows."

How would you get rid of something like that. On my computer I have a show that says it hasn't been submitted, when I did submit it I used my husband's computer for that show because my comp was acting weird. Now it drives me nuts when I go to submit shows it pops up as unsubmitted.

Sorry for the hijack I hope everything works out and your file can be recovered.

pampered2007 said:
One good thing is that I print out show summary reports for all my shows. So I can go back and re-enter information that way. Tonight I re-installed PP3 and the only information on there is any online orders that I have had. Since I re-installed PP3..is it to late to try to recover what I've lost???

Also, when I am re-entering all past show information, should I just enter information from 2009 or should I enter EVERYTHING from the beginning starting with my very first show?

If you are not concerned with getting back all the other data that's unassociated with your P3 software, then call corporate's computer guys and tell them what happened. Obviously, they have copies of all your shows & outside orders. I think that they can give them back to you. I have NO idea if they can give you back your list of contacts or not. :( If you use an outside program like iContact, you should be able to get them all from there. :D

littlemaisyPC said:
How would you get rid of something like that. On my computer I have a show that says it hasn't been submitted, when I did submit it I used my husband's computer for that show because my comp was acting weird. Now it drives me nuts when I go to submit shows it pops up as unsubmitted.

Sorry for the hijack I hope everything works out and your file can be recovered.

My computer crashed and I had to start all over once. Luckily, I had been doing backups, but I had finalized & submitted a show after the backup. The computer guys were able to over-write my "open" backed up version with the more current info on their end, which changed it from "ready to submit" to "already submitted"! :D Call the computer guys and ask for help!!!! ;)

1. Can I retrieve my lost PP3 information?

Unfortunately, once you have lost your PP3 information, it cannot be retrieved. It is important to regularly back up your information to prevent this from happening in the future.

2. How can I prevent losing my PP3 information?

To prevent losing your PP3 information, it is recommended to regularly back up your information to an external hard drive or cloud storage. You can also save your information on a USB drive as a backup.

3. Will I lose all my recipes if I lose my PP3 information?

No, your recipes are stored on our website and can be accessed even if you lose your PP3 information. However, any changes or updates made to your recipes within the PP3 software will be lost.

4. Can I transfer my PP3 information to a new computer?

Yes, you can transfer your PP3 information to a new computer by using a USB drive or cloud storage to transfer the files. Make sure to also install the PP3 software on your new computer.

5. Is there a way to recover my PP3 information if I did not back it up?

Unfortunately, if you did not back up your PP3 information, it cannot be recovered. We highly recommend regularly backing up your information to prevent any loss in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
bbauman07
  • pchefinski
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lisacb77
Back