• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Crossing Bridges in the Portland Metro Area: The Unwillingness to Travel

In summary, the former consultant wants to rejoine the company but does not want to live too far away from the director. The director lives about 20 minutes south of downtown and the consultant told her that he is definitely a top choice, but she wants someone closer to her.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
I live in the Portland metro area. I did not grow up here and I have no understanding of the unwillingness to drive or cross a bridge to come to a meeting. A former consultant of mine contacted me about rejoining. Currently her car is need of repair and she has to rely on her roommate to drive her places. She moved to downtown Portland. While she continues to tell me I was a great director to her in the past, she does not want to sign up with me because I live too far away. I live about 20 minutes south of downtown. She wants me to recommend someone closer to her. I told her I did not know any consultants in that area of town let alone directors. I also, told her it is important to sign with someone with exprerience and who has a successful business. She replies that I am definitely top of her list, but she wants a group near her.

I don't need anybody to fix this. I think I handled it pretty well with my correspondences with her. I just get so frustrated with this town. If you are not right next door you are too far away. Heaven forbid you have to cross a bridge to get somewhere, you might as well pack a survival kit incase you get lost!

those that will do will be successful period! How is she going to do shows?? Would she be willing to drive that far for s show... no??? Probably going to get have time making money if you will do shows next door to yourself!

Tell her to just sign with you and then you'll keep looking for a meeting closer to her that she can attend. That way she gets you (experienced) and a closer meeting.

I know you probably thought of that already. Just sayin'....

1. How far is considered "too far" to travel in the Portland Metro Area?

The definition of "too far" varies for each individual, but generally, it is considered anything over a 30-minute drive without traffic. However, this also depends on the time of day and specific locations within the area.

2. What are some common reasons for the unwillingness to travel in the Portland Metro Area?

Some common reasons include heavy traffic and congestion, limited public transportation options, and the high cost of gas and parking. Additionally, some people may have a fear of driving in unfamiliar areas or simply prefer to stay close to home.

3. How does the unwillingness to travel affect businesses in the Portland Metro Area?

The unwillingness to travel can have a negative impact on businesses, especially those located in less-central areas. It can limit their customer base and make it harder for them to attract new customers from other parts of the city.

4. Are there any solutions to overcome the unwillingness to travel in the Portland Metro Area?

There are several possible solutions, such as improving public transportation options, implementing carpooling programs, and offering incentives for employees to work remotely. Businesses can also consider opening multiple locations in different parts of the city to make it more convenient for customers.

5. How can businesses in the Portland Metro Area adapt to the unwillingness to travel?

One way for businesses to adapt is by offering delivery or online ordering options to make it easier for customers to access their products or services without having to travel far. They can also focus on building a strong local customer base and creating a strong community presence in their immediate area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • esavvymom