• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Packing for a Conference: Comfy Shoes or Stylish?

Mole Skin will protect the plastic and help the shoes last longer. Re: ShoesOne good thing to help with blisters is Mole Skin. You can find it in the footcare section of any grocery/pharmacy. The normal use is to put it on your skin where you get a "hot spot" (the spot before a blister appears) but my favorite thing to do with it is to actually put it inside of my shoes. I've used it in sneakers that the back was worn down on exposing the plastic inside, sandals that had a weird plastic label in the strap, etc. Mole Skin will protect the plastic and help the shoes last longer.
ilove2cookpc
I know, this is something stupid to think about, but I keep hearing that you should pack comfy shoes. I'm having anxiety about what the bring, what to leave at home...

So, my question is for those that have been to conference before. Should I bring like tennis shoes for walking and bring along a pair of nicer shoes in my bag every day? I'm famous for getting blisters, so I want to be comfy, but I also don't think my running shoes are going to look great with my nice outfits.

Please shed some light...thanks!

Re: ShoesYou can certainly wear your sneaks for the walking and switch to dressier shoes if you like. If you're wearing slacks it's unlikely that anyone will notice if you just leave your comfy shoes on. I know this won't help, but don't let yourself get all stressed out. Chances are good that no one will notice what you're wearing. We're all too busy learning and having fun.

Re: Shoes
ilove2cookpc said:
I know, this is something stupid to think about, but I keep hearing that you should pack comfy shoes. I'm having anxiety about what the bring, what to leave at home...

So, my question is for those that have been to conference before. Should I bring like tennis shoes for walking and bring along a pair of nicer shoes in my bag every day? I'm famous for getting blisters, so I want to be comfy, but I also don't think my running shoes are going to look great with my nice outfits.

Please shed some light...thanks!

What I do is I wear a new pair of Skechers sneakers, all black you cannot tell that they are sneakers. I also wear pants/slacks (not capris) & I look fine. The night of the Executive Banquet I wear nice shoes, but they usually come off real fast....;) hope this helps! :D

Re: ShoesI have a pair that looks almost like these:

http://www.skechers.com/c/img/productimages/large/21855_BBK.jpg

They're actually listed as "dress shoes" on Skechers' website.

Re: Shoes
NooraK said:
I have a pair that looks almost like these:

http://www.skechers.com/c/img/productimages/large/21855_BBK.jpg

They're actually listed as "dress shoes" on Skechers' website.

I was going to get those & I asked a few of the kids I cross if they were comfortable & they said not really, so I got these....

oh well I can't copy & paste, so you'll just have to wait till Conference....:eek:

Re: ShoesNoora: I wore shoes just like them (in white) my first year. They were fine except.....I didn't have a chance to break them in and I got blisters. I will probably bring them again this year. I can not wear flip flop because of no support. I agree with others, don't stress over it! There is a lot (and I mean a lot) of walking, so make sure you can wear them all day.

Re: ShoesMy ankles tend to roll, so I always wear running shoes with a roll-bar in them. EVERYWHERE! I do wear nice shoes to the banquet and when I walk the stage, but the rest of my life gets the tennies!

Re: ShoesOne good thing to help with blisters is Mole Skin. You can find it in the footcare section of any grocery/pharmacy. The normal use is to put it on your skin where you get a "hot spot" (the spot before a blister appears) but my favorite thing to do with it is to actually put it inside of my shoes. I've used it in sneakers that the back was worn down on exposing the plastic inside, sandals that had a weird plastic label in the strap, etc.

1. Can I wear stylish shoes to a conference or should I prioritize comfort?

It ultimately depends on the type of conference and your personal comfort level. If you expect to be on your feet for long periods of time or doing a lot of walking, it's best to prioritize comfort over style. However, if the conference is more formal or you feel confident in your ability to handle uncomfortable shoes, you can opt for stylish shoes.

2. Are there any specific shoe styles that are both stylish and comfortable?

Yes, there are many options for shoes that are both stylish and comfortable. Look for shoes with cushioned insoles, low or chunky heels for support, and materials that are flexible and breathable. Some popular options include loafers, block heels, and dressy sneakers.

3. How many pairs of shoes should I pack for a multi-day conference?

It's recommended to pack at least two pairs of shoes for a multi-day conference: one pair for comfort and one pair for style. This way, you can switch out your shoes if your feet start to hurt or if you have a formal event to attend.

4. Can I bring a separate pair of shoes for the evenings?

Yes, it's a good idea to bring a separate pair of shoes for evening events or dinners. This way, you can give your feet a break from the shoes you wore during the day and have a more stylish option for formal events.

5. Should I bring any additional shoe accessories for a conference?

It's always a good idea to pack some blister pads or band-aids in case your shoes start to rub or cause discomfort. You can also consider bringing a small pack of shoe inserts for added comfort and support. It's also a good idea to pack a shoe bag or plastic bag to keep your shoes separate from your clothing in your suitcase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KimmyDarling
  • kcmckay
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Becky0216
  • General Chat
Replies