• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Halloween Theme Show? Share Your Ideas Here!

In summary, Lisa has found some great recipes and ideas by going to the following sites and doing a search for "Halloween". These sites are also great resources for any type of recipe. Lisa is doing the Psycho Movie Theme and has planned a Marion Crane Harvest Chicken salad with a shower of crimson RED apples and BLOOD Orange Dressing as her dessert. Best one wins a prize. Hope these are something you can use and/or change.
jrstephens
I know this is early but I have two shows already booked for October and would love to do a Halloween Theme. I have searched the site and found some good stuff from last year, but was wondering if anyone else has anything to add. I would love to find an invitation for a Hallowen Theme Show that someone has already made up? I can make my own, but I love to see the ideas from here. I would like to find a make-ahead-of-time recipe for a good dessert (I printed off the Ghost in the Grave that's cute) and maybe something that would be more filling b/c both of my shows will be around 630 when everyone is ready for food! I can't wait for the responses to start coming!

I LOVE Halloween!I've found some great recipes and ideas by going to the following sites and doing a search for "Halloween". These sites are also great resources for any type of recipe....

Food Network - http://www.foodnetwork.com/
Kraft Foods - http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf
Taste of Home - http://www.tasteofhome.com/Default.aspx?r_d=y
Betty Crocker - http://www.bettycrocker.com/
Pillsbury - http://www.pillsbury.com/
Recipe Goldmine - http://www.recipegoldmine.com/index.html
Joyce's Fine Cooking - http://www.joycesfinecooking.com/halloween.htm
Better Homes & Gardens Halloween section - http://www.bhg.com/bhg/category.jhtml?categoryid=/templatedata/bhg/category/data/t_20.xml (may require login, but registration is free)

For more craft and food links, go to the link page of my website: http://holidayhaven.net/holidayhaven/Links.htm

Search the files here for 'halloween'. I just did it and it brought up a few recipes plus a halloween mystery host invite, which you could just alter a little so it has your host info instead.

Here's Flyer and 2 style Invites I haveHope these are something you can use and/or change.

I got these off another group, so I can take NO credit for these.

HTH,

Lisa

Attachments

• halloween flyer.doc
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,004
  • halloween invitation.doc
    595 KB · Views: 814
  • halloween post card2.doc
    595 KB · Views: 591
Don't forget Martha....I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about Martha Stewart, but I think she often has great ideas....

She has an interesting Halloween section up on her website at http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=learn-cat&id=cat20519

Lots of good ideas there for crafts, decorating, and recipes....

HalloweenFamily Fun always has great ideas.:)

Last year around Halloween, people also responded well to recipes they could use their leftover pumpkin on- (Which works like canned pumpkin if you roast it in the oven and run it thru a food processor, etc)- We did the pumpkin pie dip (from 2004 F/W season's best) and/or the quick pumpkin spice cake in the micro (from All the Best, I think)

PsychoI am doing the Psycho Movie Theme. Having The Marion Crane Harvest Chicken salad with a shower of crimson RED apples and BLOOD Orange Dressing. FOr Desset The Norman Bates Nutty Pecan Chocolate Lattice Tart. Everyone must check in by a certain time. I will have the psycho movie playing in the background. Everyone will get to do their favorite imitation of Mother with the knife and the shower scene using the sankantu knife! Best one wins a prize. I haven't finalized all the details but this is what I am leaning towards.

those are cute flyers .... thanks!!!:)

Did you see the pumpkin cakes done in the mini fluted pan? The stem is a softened tootsie roll twisted and placed in the center.

halloweenI dont have the mini fluted pan but I am going to try them in the prep bowls

Please let us know how they turn out!! I haven't had time to try them.

The Martha Stewart website is great. Thanks.

make spider cakes
You can use the prep bowls for mini cakes, the batter bowl for a larger cake.

Use candies for the eyes, etc. string licorice for the legs. HTH.

Here check out this also. I got this on my Director's site.

Attachments

• Halloween_Recipes.pdf
    170.3 KB · Views: 1,398
Thanks...these will be great for my Friday the 13th show, esp since the host's daughter in law just ordered a DDB!

how cute :)

Great file Brooke, thanks!

wow this file is GREAT TFS !!

I'm glad I could share. Must say I love all the other documents and links that have been shared.

Various Halloween AttachmentsHi,
I was unable to open any of the Halloween Ideas. Can everyone who posted a Halloween attachment e-mail me directly? I would appreciate any assistance. I have two shows the end of October and I would love to do a Halloween theme. Thanks again. My e-mail is [email protected].

Sheryl Pressley

you all are awesome! I just got to thinking last night about the fact that I have a lot of October shows booked and that I'd like to do something different. I was wondering where I should look for Halloween ideas and then I thought of this site! You all never fail me! thanks again!

Does anyone have the candy corn mix recipe to use as a recruiting tool?

I saw in an e-mail from my upline using the checkerboard insert and one cake pan and make the middle white, the next layer yellow, then the outer layer orange. When you cut the slices they look like candy corns.

gilliandanielle said:
I saw in an e-mail from my upline using the checkerboard insert and one cake pan and make the middle white, the next layer yellow, then the outer layer orange. When you cut the slices they look like candy corns.

What a cute idea! I can't wait to use this - I might make it my bonus recipe for shows this month!

My exec just sent out a cute idea:

Make mini muffins with a cake mix. Cut them in half horizontally, put some frosting on the bottom half and arrange licorice pieces (spider legs) then put the top on and frost using red hots for eyes. I am going to do this with cupcakes made in the new silicone pan instead of the mini muffin pan.

I also saw a cute idea on (I think it was) the Kraft website. Melt white chocolate and spread it out on parchment in the shape of a ghost and use chocolate chips as eyes.

Another thing I am doing is the stoneware fluted cake with orange frosting to make it look like a pumpkin. I am going to try taking a little of the batter and put it in the prep bowl, bake it and then cut it to shape it like the stem. Don't think I'll need to frost it unless it ends up crumby...

Here are my Postcards I just made up for a show. I borrowed some of the clipart & ideas from here. Thanks for sharing! I hope someone can use them! We haven't selected the recipes yet - but thank you all for sharing the great tips.
Joanne

Attachments

• halloweenpostcards2.doc
    318.5 KB · Views: 456
ChefinHarmony said:
Here are my Postcards I just made up for a show. I borrowed some of the clipart & ideas from here. Thanks for sharing! I hope someone can use them! We haven't selected the recipes yet - but thank you all for sharing the great tips.
Joanne

Too cute! You are SO talented!!

ChefinHarmony said:
Joanne

These are GREAT!! Thanks for sharing...

thepamperedmom said:
Does anyone have the candy corn mix recipe to use as a recruiting tool?
We all Win Mix

2 cups candy corn

1 cup salted peanuts

1 cup M&Ms

1 cup apple jack cereal

Mix all together in a fun Halloween
Bowl (incorporate your product, of course). You can
also put some in small, decorated bags to give as a
take home treat with a card. Give only
to those who are curious about learning more.

At your party explain the mix like this:

Are you mixed up wondering how you’re going to pay
for Christmas gifts this year ( kids toys, clothes, family gifts etc.)
Here’s a mix that could be the answer.

If you like to have fun and are a little
nutty [peanuts], consider beginning your own
business with TPC. You can decide how many
zeroes[apple jacks] you want in the dollar part of your
check: 1.00, 100.00, 1,000, 10,000.00, etc.

In our business, you’ll be able to Make Money [M&Ms]
at least three ways: [show candy corn with the three
colors and apply specifically to your business].

1. Commissions by selling product is at the base of our
business.
2. Sponsoring other people to begin their
own business is next.
3. For those who want to
point their way to the top, you have the potential
for leadership bonuses and much more!

If you’re curious about TWISTING your mix up into
money, let’s get together so I can tell you about
more treats TPC has to offer!

1. What are some ideas for a Halloween-themed invitation for a party or show?

Some ideas for a Halloween-themed invitation could include using spooky fonts, incorporating Halloween symbols such as bats, ghosts, and pumpkins, or using dark colors like black, purple, and orange. You could also consider using a play on words or a catchy phrase to add to the theme.

2. Can you suggest a make-ahead recipe for a Halloween-themed dessert?

One idea for a make-ahead Halloween dessert could be a pumpkin cheesecake. This can be made a day or two in advance and kept in the fridge until ready to serve. Another option could be Halloween-themed sugar cookies that can be decorated in advance and stored in an airtight container until the event.

3. Are there any games or activities that would be fun for a Halloween-themed show?

You could consider incorporating a Halloween-themed scavenger hunt, a costume contest, or a pumpkin carving contest into your show. Another fun idea could be to have a "guess the number of candy corn" game or a Halloween-themed trivia game.

4. What are some popular Halloween decorations that could be used for a show?

Some popular Halloween decorations that could be used for a show include fake spiderwebs, jack-o-lanterns, skeletons, and Halloween-themed banners or garlands. You could also consider using battery-operated candles for a spooky atmosphere.

5. How can I make my Halloween-themed show stand out and be memorable for my guests?

To make your Halloween-themed show stand out and be memorable, you could consider incorporating interactive elements such as a DIY Halloween craft or a Halloween-themed photo booth. You could also have a Halloween-themed menu with spooky names for the dishes. Adding some spooky music or sound effects can also add to the atmosphere of the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Saturday Gourmet
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
joluvscookin
  • pamperedchef07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • missyciccolella