• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Loss of Downline: My Frustration and Road to Recovery

In summary, Rosa lost her downline due to non-spousal support and her husband did not want her to pursue PC. She is hoping to get restarted and is looking into Retroactive Leave.
micocina
Gold Member
I am so frustrated and upset! :mad: I just received an email from HO that I am officially inactive.

Because of non spousal support, I have just lost my downline. I had two immediate below me and one of my gals had two under her and the other had three... ughh.

DH did not want me to do PC and always made it an issue when he saw me talking about the biz. His thoughts were that I had to "work hard" and that it was simply not worth it.

I've talked with my Director and she's explained that it's too late to recupe what I've lost.

After realizing what he made me lose, he's agreed to be more supportive and to let me be.

It's going to take me some time to get over this.

Any thoughts... anyone?

I'm sorry you've lost what you worked so hard to achieve, I am sure you will soon build your team back up. And I hope your husband is sincere in his promise to be more supportive of your business.

Thank you very much. I too hope he keeps his word.

I completely understand how upset you must feel right now. When I was a consultant before, my dh would pick a fight with me just before I'd leave for a show. He admits now it was his way of sabotaging me because he didn't want me to leave. He had issues back then about having to keep the kids while went out.

I really hope the two of you will be able to work past this. Your marriage is going to be a bit fagile for a while. My dh now is very supportive. It was a long road to go though.

I am truly sorry for your losses, just one more bump in the road of life!! I just started selling PC in February and have been wanting to do it for a long time. I have probably been buying PC products for over 15 years. But because I know my dh's capabilities, I never even attempted it. Some men just don't have it in them to take care of kids!! So now that they are out of the house I am doing what I've wanted to do for years, I AM A PC CONSULTANT and I am going to CONFERENCE!!:D My dh has been very supportive and has even suggested that I quit my full time job!! My last day is June 30th.:D I am soooo excited to be able to put more of my time into PC. So, this just goes to show that some of our bumps do smooth out in time! Good Luck getting restarted and I wish you the best! You did it once you can do it again!!! Are you going to Conference?

No, I am not going to conference. I'd love to go, but at the moment we can't afford it. I'm hoping to make it to next years conference.

Thanks for the incouraging words.

Rosa

my3jjjs said:
I've talked with my Director and she's explained that it's too late to recupe what I've lost.

You may want to check with HO...there is something called Retroactive Leave (or something like that). There is a specific request you have to fill out. It costs $25 (out of your next paycheck I believe), but it puts you on leave, and saves your downline until you get rolling again.

My AD helped someone in another cluster in December...her director hadn't let her know a lot (Individual Perfermance Tracker, keeping track of her consultants, etc.), and she lost her Future Directorship, which meant she was loosing out on the trip by 2,000 points! Anyways, we were able to get her recruit to file a Retroactive Leave request in time, and the Cruise was saved!

I believe you have to have the request in by the 20th of the month, so you want to wait on it. Call tomorrow!!!

So, check into it...it would give you a little bit more time to get back on your feet!

Last edited:
nikked said:
You may want to check with HO...there is something called Retroactive Leave (or something like that). There is a specific request you have to fill out. It costs $25 (out of your next paycheck I believe), but it puts you on leave, and saves your downline until you get rolling again.
I was going to mention the same thing! I accidentally went inactive about a year ago and I did the same thing to save my downlines and my career sales!

Hope things go better now with your hubby!

I'm so excited to hear that I have hope! I will call HO first thing in the morning. Hopefully, it won't be too late.

Ladies, you guys are great!

PS Would that be Field Services whom I need to speak to?

Last edited:
Yes, call field services and they should be able to help you. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Yeah! I called HO this morning and they did inform me of that Retroactive Request. There is a $25 charge for it, but they will consider it and get back to me.

In the meanwhile everyone, please keep your fingers crossed for me. I'll keep you all posted.

good luck. my fingers and toes are crossed

Husbands support is very important!For whatever reasons your husband just wasn't happy or excited about PC before but now he understands how important it is to you.
It is so important to have your husband's support in whatever you do in this life. Now that you have that, it is going to make everything so easy and wonderful. Even the let downs, the frustrations, and the disappointments will be easier to tolerate and handle when you have your husband by your side. Encouraging you, praying for you, loving you and helping you through it. My husband is my #1 supporter in this business. Of course the Lord is our #1 source for help and guidance in everything. But my husband is so important to my business, so try to forgive him and continue with your business.
I hope all goes well. We will pray that you get back on your feet quickly and that HO can help you get active again.
Debbie

good luckGreat that you won't lose the folks under you and that your husband is more supportive. I might have a serious talk with him and find his resistance and then respect that. For instance, if he thinks you're working too hard, why does that bother him - because you're tired and cranky? because he doesn't get time alone with you? because you have fragile health? Then, address those concerns - get more sleep, be more attentive, take care of yourself, etc. It only seems fair to him that you discover the true issues before he can really change...BEE

Ladies (and Gentlemen),

You are all so wonderful. I am so greatful for this board.

I certainly understand my husbands frustrations. You see, I homeschool our three, which are 10, 8 and 6. I am not very organized (at least I used to be in another lifetime) and he thought I could make more money trying other Direct Selling companies. My passion like everyone elses on this board is with PC. I am committed to straightening my act because I want to take care of everything that is important in my life... the Lord, dear husband, children, my parents and myself.

As soon as I hear back from HO, I will post their reply. I know you are all with me.

Bless you all!

TPC is WONDERFUL! Home Office understood my problem and they have retroacted my consultant status. I've regained everything!

Thanks again to all that had their fingers (and toes) crossed for me.

Bless You All,

Rosie

That is great!! I am really happy for you. Now you husband will be suportive of you and your business,, and everything should fall right into place.. Good luck!!:)

That is so good after all that hard work in the past and you thought you lost it all but you now have it back. Did you tell any of your downline that you thought you had lost them or just wait on it? I can't believe your director didn't tell you about that. Congrats.

I want to believe that my Director "did not know" about this retroactive request. It's OK. What's important right now, is that I've regained everything. I'll tell you, I don't know how blessed I am for this board, otherwise I would not have known what to do.

My downline knew of what I was going through and they are very happy for me as well.

Thanks,

Rosie

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I am so happy for you & thank you from me for EVERYONE here. Now if I can get some support from my husband & family I'll be all set as well. Congrats you deserve it!;)

Ginger

That's great Rosie! I wasn't fully aware of the retroactive thing. I suppose some people just aren't aware of it unti they've had to deal with it in one way or another. Congratulations for getting it all resolved!:)

Rosie,
I just read all this at once, and I have to tell you I have tears in my eyes! I'm so relieved and happy for you. Best of luck in everything.

Very glad to hear you were able to regain your downline.

So glad that you didn't lose everything you worked so hard for !! And happy that dh is supporting you !!!

Good luck !!!

Yipppeeee!!! Glad it worked for you...

congrats I dont think u should lose what you worked so hard for unless its completely under ur control..

1. What does it mean to "lose" my downline?

Losing your downline means that members of your team who were previously active and generating sales have left the company or are no longer actively selling products.

2. How does losing my downline affect my business?

Losing your downline can have a significant impact on your business. It means that you may have a decrease in sales and commission earnings, as well as a decrease in team support and motivation.

3. What can I do to prevent losing my downline?

To prevent losing your downline, it is important to regularly communicate with and support your team members. Provide training and resources to help them be successful in their business and address any concerns they may have.

4. Can I regain my downline once they have left?

Yes, it is possible to regain your downline if they have left the company but are still interested in joining back. You can reach out to them and discuss any changes or improvements that have been made within the company since they left.

5. Is losing my downline a common occurrence?

Losing downline members is a normal part of network marketing and can happen for a variety of reasons. It is important to focus on maintaining and supporting your team while also actively recruiting new members to grow your downline.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • pampered2007
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies