• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Was My Party Experience the Worst Ever?

In summary, Jessica showed up at 6pm sharp like she said she would, but the host was in pajamas. There were only 12 people there, most of whom were children. The party got going, but someone turned on the TV, and the hosts husband continued to watch a TV show while Jessica was presenting. Jessica finally finished and people started to eat. The police showed up and the host told Jessica to go. Jessica left with her first booking.
pc_jessica
you will not believe the party that I just came from! I showed up at 6pm sharp like i said i would...the host is get this in pajamas!!!! so i got past that...and then i walk into her house with my first load of stuff and her husband is playing video games in the front room, where we are going to set up for the party, she told me he would move along with his FIVE other guys to the basement. Okay no problem I will just squeeze by 6 guys all looking at me like i am in the way of their tv with all my bags:rolleyes:...not one asked if he could help (that is besides the point)...so i got all my stuff sat up and people started showing up yay!! there was a total of 12 people there...now ask me how many kids were there...have no fear i will tell you....there were 15 kids all under the age of 7:yuck:!!!! so party got going...and someone turned on the tv:grumpy:! and so they all continued to watch jepordy or someother game show during my WHOLE presentation!!!! I mean the whole thing...i could barely get anyone to help with demo except for the little 7 yr old boy who like my shoes:p! so i finally got done with everything and told them food is in the kitchen and i will be in there so we can check you out when ready....30 minutes later...the cops show up!!!!:eek: no joke! apparently the husband and his buddies went outside to mess around with their crochrockets and were too loud for the neighborhood! omg i have no idea where i just spent the last 3 hours of my life!! well after that little fiasco, i continue checking people out, i am actually quite surprised that anyone bought anything but they did, i have yet to total up the show because i wanted to get the H*ll out of there! but I am home now, and in my safe and secure house!!! Oh, and did I mention i got one booking...i hope that is better than this show, but atleast now i am prepared for anything!! oh and did i mention the host stayed in pajamas the WHOLE show!!! :eek:

Wow Jessica, you just got thrown in head first as a new consultant I'd say, lol. Welcome to the world of direct sales!But, you got a booking, and you got sales, hopefully a lot of sales! Hopefully, like you said, the next show won't turn out the same, and I bet you smiled all the way through ;)At least you got your first crazy show under your belt, God bless you...15 children!! YIKES!

oh i did smile as i was muttering under my breath lol

OMG!! You poor thing! A lot of us have had crazy shows like that, but not one of our FIRST shows!! I give you a lot of credit for getting through it and getting the heck out of there!! I hope it ends up to be a great show $$-wise for you, and the booking is Martha Stewart-like!! (and does NOT wear pajamas - who does that?!?!!)

Eventually, you will laugh about it... I hate to say it, but I know I just did! (at your show, I mean). But yes, you'll have other crazy shows....can't say they will all be THAT extreme, but at least it wasn't a bust and you weren't just the caterer for the evening!

okay so i just totaled up the show....it was only $180.00 omg i don't know if that was worth all my effort lol but oh well the host did say she a had a few more people that wanted to order so hopefully it gets better!

Just don't let her drag the show out for too long....they don't usually change THAT much - especially for a host who obviously didn't care enough to have a good show the night OF- don't expect her to work too hard after. But hopefully she can make the $200 mark!

I just read your previous thread, where you talked about being nervous...
I'm guessing that the nerves went away here pretty quickly, as you were just focusing on getting through that show.
And it sounds like no one cared about having a 'perfect' presentation! ;)

Thanks for sharing your experience - I'm totally amazed that you managed to get through that all as well as you did! Now you're set... nothing else will 'top' this show for shock value!

Lorraine

OMG - thanks for the laugh! Your faces were perfect and I think they made me laugh more than anything! I remember a show similiar to yours that I attended with a director that too was a PJ party and I was horrified and could not look at the host as she had no bra on and I'll just say...the girls were in much need of support... Then she 'detached' part of her hair that was clipped in and they threw it around like it was a toy. (Koolotus stop laughing - I'm still mentally scarred. LOL)

Just remember - after a show like that - it only gets better! (and at least it qualified as a show so WOO HOO go you!) You got some lemons, make some lemonade (and add some vodka, it will take off the edge of your horrific night. haha)

did the cops order anything? did you ask? remember not to judge who shows up to these things!

Judybabe said:
did the cops order anything? did you ask? remember not to judge who shows up to these things!

omg i didn't ask i should have but they didn't look to happy, because by that time the guests were all drinking and i went back to the kitchen to cower with my head in my hands hoping that they wouldn't see me!

This is what makes me nervous about shows for people I don't really know! I had one awkward show, but it was NOTHING compared to this! Only the whole time I was there setting up the mom and daughter were TRASHING the daughter's husband saying how worthless he was and whatnot and expecting me to laugh at all they said about him. Gosh, I was hoping that was the worst it could get! :p

We all have the weird show tale. Some are just weirder than others. Sounds to me like you're already able to laugh at this one. The good news is that this type of thing is really rare.

The cops showed up at my first show too.........and that is not my worst show story! But then again....Ann will always have everyone beat!

Do you have a link for Ann's story? You have me so curious...

Okay, I don't know if it is just the crazy part of the country where I live or what, but this kinda stuff happens to me all the time :O Sales are always great, so I just laugh off how crazy people are :)

The cops showed up at one of my shows....and then I remembered that my host is a dispatcher for the police dept! D'oh!The guys were grilling out back so the cops were coming to get some grub. :)

Ok now i'm nervous!:blushing: I've been doing this almost 2 years and have yet to have a horrific show story.:eek: So I think I'm about due! My last 3 were full of chatty Cathy's. I think there was actually a Cathy at each too that were the chattiest!:) :DThe 2 in June no one listened to me but sales were great!:thumbup: Wed. they listened when important and chatted when I wasn't talking but it was also a good show.:thumbdown::) But nothing like some of these horror stories. Though hopefully all that I've read here will mentally prepare me when I get to that crazy show I'm sure I'd overdue for!! LOL:D

Wow! What a party!! Major kudos to you for having enough orders to make it an official party. I think if I'd shown up with the host in pjs and the husband and friends playing xbox I'd have asked if they were sure about having a party "tonight"!!

Lol I needed a laugh! Thanks! Kudos to you Jessica!

OMG!!! YOU ARE OFFICIALLY HERE BY CHRISENED AS A FULL FLEDGED PC CONSULTANT! And what a way to do it too!
However, you lived through it and yeah, believe me you will laugh about it!
Now for the test question? You were worried why?

It can ONLY get better from here on up. One of my downline had a "Margarita" party that the host wanted to do. Well let's just say the party had started long before she showed up to do the party. Yes, it got worse as they drank more....the topper was watching the host's underaged son "get ill" on himself as he sat on the couch. Yes, he too was in Margaritaville!!!:yuck:

thanks for all your laughs! i can laugh about it now! and i was laughing last night too, but i must say i woke up sick this morning and im blaming it on the party from last night! my husband apparantely told all his buddies at work and they all got a good laugh at it too! glad i could brighten up all your days!!!

As I was reading this, I remembered I had a Cop come to my door at my 3rd Anniversary party. A neighbor I bearly know, had backed out of her driveway and hit one of my guest's car. The guest handled it well, cause I had warned her not to park there. She
had been the first to arrive, and I had suggested that she pull up close to my house, to allow for three or four more cars in the driveway. She insisted on parking on the street
cause she might want to leave early. Oh well, she ordered over $100 worth of products.
I let her be my Mystery Hostess, to make up for the damage.

Friday night parties with alcohol, and when a hostess is already drinking wine before the party, is my worst experience. All were hockey Mom's and each took her turn having some kind of DS party and inviting the other ladies to get even.

1. What do you mean by "I Just Had the Party From H*Ll"?

"I Just Had the Party From H*Ll" is a common phrase used by Pampered Chef consultants to describe a party that was chaotic, stressful, or overwhelming.

2. Why do consultants use this phrase?

Consultants use this phrase as a way to vent and commiserate with each other about the challenges of hosting a successful Pampered Chef party. It is also used as a lighthearted way to acknowledge and laugh at the ups and downs of running a business.

3. What are some examples of a "Party From H*Ll"?

Some examples of a "Party From H*Ll" could include unexpected cancellations, difficult or demanding guests, technical difficulties with equipment or ingredients, or simply feeling overwhelmed and unprepared.

4. How can I avoid having a "Party From H*Ll"?

While some things are out of your control, there are steps you can take to minimize the chances of having a "Party From H*Ll". This includes carefully planning and preparing for the party, communicating with your host and guests in advance, and having a positive attitude and flexibility during the event.

5. What should I do if I do end up having a "Party From H*Ll"?

If you do end up having a "Party From H*Ll", don't panic! Take a deep breath, stay positive, and do your best to adapt and handle any challenges that arise. Remember, even the most experienced consultants have had their fair share of "Parties From H*Ll", and it's all part of the learning and growing process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ccmahaffey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • BlueMoon
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies