• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Happened to My November Shows?!

November got canceled and I'm feeling down about it. I had success with my previous booth and all three shows were booked there. However, they all ended up canceling for various reasons - one because her husband wouldn't allow it, one because of work schedule, and the third just decided she didn't want to do it anymore. I'm not sure if any of them had a specific product in mind that they wanted, but I do remember one of them being excited about the pink products in October. However, they weren't available for November and she ended up purchasing something else instead. I'm feeling really discouraged right now, but I know I need to keep pushing and trying to book more shows. Maybe I can try offering
pc_jessica
in a matter of 6 hours i have had all my shows for november canceled! i only had three on the calendar since we have family wedding and will be gone, and with thanksgiving. i was happy with 3 but now i dont' have any shows! eek what am i going to do?!?! i can't believe they all canceled! one of them said her DH wouldn't let her have a show, so i asked her about a caddy show and she said she didn't think she wouldget many orders from that. another one said that her work scheduled changed and she now works nights. and the third just decided that she would rather not have a show...im at a loss of words. i am just really down right now. i was doing so good with my PC buisness but right now i don't see anything good happening with it. sorry for the venting but i needed to tell someone.

Can you remember if they said yes to a show because there was a product that they really wanted? If so, call them back with optional dates and themes.

Send out an email offering to bring the ingredients for _______ to the first 3 people that call to book a show. If you get 1 great! If you get 6 then still give all 6 free ingredients. But, find out what their heart really desires so you can keep them excited when you coach.

Good Luck!

all 3 of these shows were booked at my last booth a couple fridays ago. none of them seemed that interested an a certain product to say. one of them was really super excited in the pink products, but i told her those were only offered in october and could not be added to a show, so she bought what she wanted on the spot, and said she would still have a show...so i think the motivation to have show wasn't that great after she purchased the pink products. one of the other hosts booked because she just thought it would be fun *the one whose DH won't let her have the party*. and the third as i was talking with her i mentioned the host benefits and asked if she would be interested in having a show she said 'sure' and set a date, but when i called back she said she wasn't interested anymore..i think i am just S.O.L here sadly.

Jessica I'm so sorry to hear that! I just lost a November show as well, her daughter has H1N1 and she wanted to push it out to December :(. Granted, I still have a show on the calendar but I really wanted it in November for sell-a-thon! Oh well, what can you do?I would definitely pick up the phone and start making calls, do a 24 bookings in 24 hours and offer an additional $30 in free product or something!Sorry Jessica (((HUGS))) don't let this get you down- there is still time to turn your November around!

kdangel518 said:
Jessica I'm so sorry to hear that! I just lost a November show as well, her daughter has H1N1 and she wanted to push it out to December :(. Granted, I still have a show on the calendar but I really wanted it in November for sell-a-thon! Oh well, what can you do?

I would definitely pick up the phone and start making calls, do a 24 bookings in 24 hours and offer an additional $30 in free product or something!

Sorry Jessica (((HUGS))) don't let this get you down- there is still time to turn your November around!

December is 'sell-a-thon' too remember.

Jessica- it does stink. I'm finding I get about a 50% cancellation rate on shows booked from booths....so maybe they just didn't know how to say what they REALLY wanted at the booth, but felt it easier to do it later. Stinks that they all did it on the same day!

Open House. Open House. Open House. Or name it: Guest Appreciation Show, Homemade For The Holiday Gift Giving Made Easy Show, Awesome Appetizer, Cooking w/ Kids... I had a girl offer weekly theme shows at various times. It gave her business a huge boost. You can do it.

Call your director. She/He might have leads that are embarrassed to book with them, but they will with you. Ask director for tips.

This Is The Best Time Of The Year To Have A Show!! Write down why. Stand up, bounce around, smile and start making calls.

Call every guest that has placed an order and do the customer care call that's on the website.

Jess, I feel your pain! Elaine gave you some really great ideas. When I needed to jump start my sales in August, I did a Mystery Hoist/Cust Appreciation Show. I put out some products, some new F/W recipes, did a quick demo and gave away the benefits of the show, based on a ticket drawing. I did several drawings throughout the night. It was fun and it wouund up being an $800 show with 2 bookings that night and a couple more down the road. It was totally worth it!

Get. On. The Phone.
Start with your very first customer ever...and keep calling until you've run out of people to call.
Offer free shows.
Offer customer service.
Tell them of your goals.

thanks for all the advice, i think i will be getting on my phone tomorrow and seeing who i can get to have a party...or at least order some stuff!!! hopefully i can turn my november into being a great month...thanks again!

pc_jessica said:
thanks for all the advice, i think i will be getting on my phone tomorrow and seeing who i can get to have a party...or at least order some stuff!!! hopefully i can turn my november into being a great month...thanks again!

DO NOT STOP CALLING PEOPLE til you calendar is where you want it....call, call, call

I don't know that it'd help with those that changed their minds (sometimes it's not the best to call again to try to get them to change their minds back). But for the one who's husband "won't let her". What's the concern? Is the having people over? Then maybe she can have it somewhere else or do a joint show with a friend. Is he worried she's going to spend a bunch of money? We have a great host reward system b/c she can just use the free product if she wants and pay NOTHING.

As for catalog shows, the products really do sell themselves, especially if she's excited about them. BUT some people won't really show a catalog so maybe she's in that category.

The person that now works nights now, do you do day shows? Weekends? Did you talk to HER about a catalog show? She probably works with a new set of people too...

Sometimes people just change their minds. I would ask if they mind sharing what changed their minds. I never want someone to do a show that doesn't want to do it. It's very unlikely it'd be successful. However, I tend to go to the catalog show and mention that I have Mystery Host Shows were they collect $100 in sales for a 1 in 5 chance for $100 free!

As for booking new shows, everyone gave you great advice.

i'm doing a mystery host show that someone posted on here, 10 people that bring in 10 orders of $100 or more. one of my hosts that cancelled is putting her name in that hat to try to win the free stuff!

1. What happens if my hosts cancel their party?

If your hosts cancel their party, you will still receive credit for any orders that were placed before the cancellation. In addition, you can work with your host to reschedule the party for a later date.

2. Will my commission or bonuses be affected by the cancellations?

No, your commission and bonuses will not be affected by your hosts canceling their party. You will still receive credit for any orders that were placed before the cancellation.

3. Can I still earn rewards for the parties that were canceled?

Yes, you can still earn rewards for the parties that were canceled as long as you have at least $200 in sales from those parties. You can also work with your host to reschedule the parties for a later date.

4. What if I have already submitted an order for a canceled party?

If you have already submitted an order for a canceled party, you can still receive credit for that order as long as it meets the minimum sales requirement of $200. You can also work with your host to reschedule the party for a later date.

5. How can I prevent cancellations from happening in the future?

To prevent cancellations, it is important to communicate with your hosts regularly and provide them with support and guidance throughout the party planning process. You can also offer incentives and reminders to keep them motivated and excited about their party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefa
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
  • keynibear