• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding a Roommate for Conference: Tips & Advice

In summary, many people post roommate requests right here on the forum. If you are looking for a roommate, you should contact Linda or Otis. They may be able to help you.
Cr8vKitchen
I imagine many of you know each other through your cluster or previous meetings but as of right now, only myself and my recruit are attending conference from our cluster and we don't know anyone else. We would like to find 1 more roommate- we're thinking about staying at the Best Western. How do you go about finding a roommate??

Thanks!

Re: Roommates?Lots of people post requests right here.

I don't know what I'm doing but I have a feeling my directors rooms will be gone by the time I decide to go. So I may be looking too. I would need something near a conference hotel ... preferably near the Hilton just b/c that's near the drop off and pickup for Mega Bus.

Re: Roommates?I am also looking for roommates. Please contact me directly at my PC email [email protected] if you are inerested. My upline has an extra room with 2 double beds and 2 baths that I can take if I find 3 roommates to go in with me. I'm not sure of the total cost but I think it would be around $55 with 4 in the room. I will be spending the night Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Please contact me ASAP as I want to register by May 10th.

Re: Roommates?I have already registered @ the Hyatt McCormick Place, but need a roomie- 2 double beds, would prefer 1 other person, but will take 2- I don't want to share a bed. I'm also 'post-menopausal'- so I like a (very) cool room!

Re: Roommates?What are the rates there and the days you have the room. I do not want to share a bed and that seems to be the way my cluster is heading. Know the experience of "summer" moments very well.
You may be the answer to my prayers.

Re: Roommates?Linda, I can't remember off the top of my head how much it will be, but since it is a Conference hotel, it's a little more than what I've been reading from others- it should be @ $300 or so per person (2 to the room) for Mon, Tues, Wed nights. Hope that is helpful! Look forward to hearing from you! BTW, I'm also in track A.

Re: Roommates?I sure hope you dont mean $300.00 per night - What is your "real" name...LOLOL...I don't know what to call you.
pm me at either: [email protected] or [email protected]. We may be able to work something out as those were the days I was looking for. I have no need to go on Sunday and don't plan to stay past Thursday. I like the idea of being at McCormick Place as I have some walking/stamina issues due to arthritis. You may have just made my day!

Re: Roommates?No, I don't make the big bucks, so $300 per night is a little (a lot!!) out of my price range!! BTW, my name is Barbe (the e is silent).

Re: Roommates?I am looking for roommates, I will be arriving on Sunday and departing on Thursday. I am a non-smoker and would prefer to be in a room of 4 to save as much money as possible. Please contact me via email [email protected] if you have an opening in your room I could fill.

What is the best way to find a roommate for a conference?

The best way to find a roommate for a conference is to utilize social media and networking groups specifically for the conference. You can also reach out to colleagues or acquaintances who are attending the conference to see if they are also in need of a roommate.

How can I ensure a good match with my conference roommate?

To ensure a good match with your conference roommate, it is important to communicate openly and honestly about your expectations and preferences. You can also ask for references or conduct a brief interview before deciding on a roommate.

What are some red flags to look out for when searching for a conference roommate?

Some red flags to look out for when searching for a conference roommate include a lack of communication, conflicting schedules or habits, and a history of negative reviews from previous roommates.

What are some tips for setting guidelines and boundaries with a conference roommate?

To set guidelines and boundaries with a conference roommate, it is important to have an open and respectful conversation about expectations for noise levels, cleanliness, and sharing of common spaces. It is also helpful to establish a system for dividing expenses and responsibilities.

What should I do if I encounter conflicts with my conference roommate?

If you encounter conflicts with your conference roommate, it is best to address them directly and calmly. Communicate your concerns and try to find a compromise or solution together. If necessary, you can also reach out to the conference organizers for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Sooner PC
Replies
Views
Janice Stroud
  • chefann
  • General Chat