• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Get Any Work Done with a Babysitter and a Crying Toddler in the House?

In summary, hiring a babysitter has benefits such as giving parents a break and allowing children to interact with new people. When choosing a babysitter, it's important to consider their experience, qualifications, and references. Instructions for a babysitter should include emergency contact information, medical conditions, daily routine, and specific rules. The rate for babysitters can vary but is usually around $15-20 per hour. If a child doesn't get along with the babysitter, it's important to address the issue and find a solution, or consider finding a different babysitter.
chefkathy
DH was sick of hearing me complain that I couldn't get any work done, so he told me to hire a babysitter so I could have a chunk of time. I have a babysitter here today for 4 hours. Hooray!My laptop broke, so I'm stuck here at home. I'm downstairs in my office. The door is closed, the music is on, and I can still hear DS crying upstairs. :cry::cry:He had shots yesterday and I think he's cutting another tooth b/c he's been pretty out of sorts the last two days. I was hoping he would take a nap before the babysitter came, but that didn't happen, so he is CRABBY.I want to run upstairs and get another cup of coffee, but I don't want the babysitter to think that I'm interfering. I know if I go up there, I won't be able to resist taking him and snuggling. :blushing:

No, I'm gonna stay here and try to get some work done. The babysitter is here for four hours and I'm going to make the most of it. I'm determined to get something done today! Wish me luck!

What are the benefits of hiring a babysitter?

Hiring a babysitter allows parents to have a break and take some time for themselves. It also gives kids a chance to interact with someone new and learn from their experiences.

How do I choose the right babysitter?

When choosing a babysitter, it's important to consider their experience, qualifications, and references. You should also meet with them beforehand to see if they are a good fit for your family.

What should I include in the instructions for my babysitter?

Instructions for your babysitter should include emergency contact information, any allergies or medical conditions your child has, the daily routine, and any specific rules or expectations you have for your child.

How much should I pay my babysitter?

The rate for babysitters can vary depending on location and experience. On average, the rate is around $15-20 per hour. It's important to discuss payment expectations with your babysitter beforehand.

What if my child doesn't get along with the babysitter?

If your child doesn't get along with the babysitter, it's important to address the issue with the babysitter and try to find a solution. If the issue persists, it may be best to find a different babysitter that your child feels more comfortable with.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• princessmeshelle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
Replies
Views
micocina
  • quiverfull7
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies