• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Haven't Even Recieved My Kit yet and I Have a Friend Who Is Wanting

In summary, Barbara is considering whether or not to allow her first recruit, who does not have a computer, to come to her house to do her show orders. She thinks it would be a good idea to try it out on paper first, and then if that is successful, to try it with a shared computer.
barbchan
I haven't even recieved my kit yet and I have a friend who is wanting to sign up as my first recruite. I just realized she doesn't have access to a computer at home. She is a nursing student and is able to get online at school but she doesn't have a computer at home.....and of course, school computers are very limited in what you can do. :(

Will she be able to have a successful business without a computer? :confused:

Having a computer is ideal. Pampered Partner makes it sooooo easy. However, she will be able to send in paperwork instead. Just a bit more time consuming.

When my director started about five years ago, she did not have a computer. She ran her business for one year before she purchased one. During that time she promoted to director and began a very successful business.

Pampered Partner has only been around for the last several years. All consultants did their orders by mail prior to that and many still do.

The paper/mailed version is more time intense but it is spelled out well in the instructions. The big thing is timing. They have to watch deadlines very closely if they want to be in on a particular promotion or by the end of a month.

I have a consultant who is in her 60's who had never touched a computer and did it successfully by mail for several months. Guess what! SHE now has a computer and is loving it.

ThanksI was really worried. She's really excited and hopes that PC will be her ticket to earning good money while taking classes. At the moment she's really struggling trying to work full time and keep up her grades.
She will be happy to know this can be done sans-computer. :)

Good Luck Barbara - thats awesome you already have your first recruit! :)

Having a computer, especially a laptop to take with me to shows, has been what's kept me IN the business. If I didn't have it, quite honestly I would've quit a long time ago. :)

Sure it's possible to do business by hand and mail. That's how it all started after all. She'll definitely have an appreciation for how the whole thing got started! I would say, however, that just as soon as she can, I'd recommend getting a bare minimum computer for what she needs. It's a partial tax write off and will be immeasurable help to her business. (IMO ;))

...personally I would have quit too if I did not have a computer. I just recently got a laptop and it's absolutely wonderful. I had a recruit that signed last week and she doesn't have a computer. We sat down for an hour trying to fill out the show order form. I must be absolutely stupid because it was so confusing and I could not figure it out and the recruit couldn't either. My director finally told me about the way I can put her shows in on my pc....The lady was so fed up...if it wasn't for that she probably wouldn't have signed up. My director also said that when she first started she didn't have pampered partner, and one of her first shows were over a thousand dollars and she said it took her a week to balance. I just don't understand the order forms.....thank god for the computer!!!!

I totally agree. I was never a "math person". I love love love having my laptop. It does everything and makes shows so much faster and easy when you can sit right there and put in the guests orders and computes the host benefits as they are put in. Plus access to ChefSuccess! And all my forms and files - I would not have stuck with PC without this. It makes my life so much easier and organized.

But then I guess for your recruit, if you don't have this, you don't know what you are missing.

Wow! It does sound pretty bad if you don't have a computer. I suppose I could allow her to come here and use mine. I'm at home during the days anyway.
We'll see.

i would give it a try...give it a try first on the paper b/c if you are just getting started with pc i don't think it's a good idea to do the shared computer thing b/c you have to delete your info everytime and put hers in then reenter yours and you have to delete your shows and all....so that's not something i'd advise if you are just getting started.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize it would be so hard. I really hope she will be able to do this. :eek:

do you have...do you have your paperwork box in yet? If you do there is a small packet of forms(at the top it says show order form) this is what you have to mail in...take a look at it. You may be able to figure it out. I wouldn't discourage your friend from signing up because of it. Try it out first....

1. What is included in the Pampered Chef starter kit?

The starter kit includes a variety of high-quality kitchen tools and products, including our famous stoneware, cookware, cutlery, and pantry items. It also includes business supplies and training materials to help you get started with your Pampered Chef business.

2. How long does it typically take to receive the starter kit?

Once you have signed up to become a Pampered Chef consultant, it typically takes 3-5 business days for your kit to be shipped. Depending on your location, it may take an additional 3-5 business days for the kit to be delivered.

3. Can I start selling Pampered Chef products before I receive my starter kit?

Yes, you can start selling Pampered Chef products as soon as you sign up to become a consultant. You will have access to our online sales tools and can take orders from customers immediately. However, we recommend waiting until you have received your starter kit to have physical products to show to potential customers.

4. Can I add additional products to my starter kit?

Yes, you can add additional products to your starter kit at a discounted rate. This is a great way to expand your product offerings and save on shipping costs.

5. Can I customize my starter kit to fit my needs?

Yes, you can customize your starter kit by choosing which products you would like to include. You can also choose to add any additional products at a discounted rate. Our goal is to help you start your Pampered Chef business on the right foot and provide you with products that you are excited to sell.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • chefann
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • pamperedbecky