• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Handle Donation Requests After Fundraising Show - Personal Dilemma

In summary, the three people discuss how they would handle a situation where they sold products but were not happy with the result. RachelCool offers advice and suggests that the people should change the show to a regular one and give the commission to the ACS. John suggests that they turn the show into a regular show and donate the money to the ACS. Terry suggests that they wait until after the show is closed and total out the sales before making a decision about donating to the ACS.
pampered1224
Silver Member
How do you all handle this situation? I did a fund raising show at work, promoting the Help Whip Cancer thing. I got a little over $200 in sales. (I changed it to a regualr show and the host and I are donating via 25% commission and her $10 in products. She sold them to someone else and gave me the money so we ended up with $60 instead of $20.) Disappointing too because I only sold 6 pink items. I can't believe how they are NOT selling. Anyway, after the show closed, I was asked personally by two ladies who are doing the Chicago area Relay for Life for a donation. I want too because of the casue but at the same time, I am still PO'd because these two NEVER purchase from me. EVER! Apparently their cause is more important than mine, even though it is the same one. I would rather tack on extra money to the check I will be sending to ACS then give them the credit for getting my money. Petty I know but there has to be a point of "I'll scratch yours if you scratch mine".
Do think I am being dumb?
Oh just to mention to that every time a flyer comes around for whatever from anyones kid, I usually only buy from my customers.

I would not donate to them, but I would offer to do a fundraiser for them.

I agree - if you do something for them, help yourself as well.

When people ask me to donate to charity, I always respond that I am all set with my charitable giving for the year. This is the truth, too. I donate a lot of money to various things, including my church.

I would tell them you have already donated to the ACS this year, but then offer to do that fundraiser for them! LOL.

Love+
Rachel

CoolThanks for the idea. And the advice. I do put out a lot of money each year so, yes, my charitable contributions are set for the year.

I'm doing my first Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser "Open House" on Sunday and I'm afraid the turn out isn't going to be great either- I'm feeling your pain John! I sent out over 200 flyers in my surrounding development. I think I'm going to have to do what John did and turn it into a regular show and then give the percentage commission to the ACS. We'll just have to see!

I hope it goes well TerryLittle thing here though, don't change it until after you total out and check the stats. If you are trying for the Breakfast of Caring at conference, make sure you can qualify for that before changing it out. I have to sell 40 more products, I have 4 more open shows, or get $40 on another fund raiser first. But the $ amount from that closed show was so pittiful I just could not stand the thought of a $20 donation. It bites! But yours could be totally different. (I work with alot of cheap, selfish, uncaring people apparently!) They can all go out partying all weekend but geez, not a $5 product to Help Whip Cancer. Apparently they and none of the freinds or family are going to get Breast Cancer so why should they donate/help. Talk about ignorance! Eeesh!
I will keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed until the end of the month for all of us who are out there working our butts off to make a difference! If enough of us do even alittle, it will add up to a lot. In your hearts you will know you tried even if you feel like you failed. And ACS will know we tried even if the numbers are smaller than last year. The HO will no we tried, but they need better products! I am hoping that they will release a set of one cup and one square in the pink and white for sale next year. EVERYONE wanted those but I could only host so many shows and not every one wanted to have a show. But everyone wanted to buy those! I could have sold about 100 sets no problem! Oh well. I need to e-mail the HO about that. so should everyone else if they found that to be the case for them too! If enough of us send the idea, it usually becomes reality.

What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cooking classes, and meal solutions.

What type of products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets, cookware, bakeware, pantry items, and cookbooks.

How can I host a Pampered Chef party?

To host a Pampered Chef party, you can contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit the company's website to book a party. The consultant will work with you to plan the details and provide you with product information and demonstrations.

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

As a host, you can earn free and discounted products, receive exclusive offers and discounts, and have a fun and educational experience with your friends and family.

Can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, anyone can become a Pampered Chef consultant by signing up through the company's website or through an existing consultant. As a consultant, you can earn a commission on sales, receive discounts on products, and have the flexibility to work your own schedule.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SVanHout
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • beckysuem
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lkhartmann
  • pamperedval