• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When to Have a Wedding Shower: Advice from Leslie

In summary, the best time to have a wedding shower is typically 2-3 months before the wedding date. It is not recommended to have a wedding shower before the engagement, as it may be seen as presumptuous. Whether the wedding shower should be co-ed depends on the preferences of the couple and their guests. It is okay to have multiple wedding showers, but it is important to avoid inviting the same guests to multiple showers. The wedding shower can be held at a restaurant or other venue, but it is important to consider the cost and any potential dietary restrictions of the guests.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I have had people ask me when is a good time to have a wedding shower. I have never done one before so I am not real sure about the timing. I know you can make it as far in advance as you would like to, but how close to the wedding date do you let it be pushed. If it isn't done in enough time won't you run the risk of not having the info to put in your wedding invites? This is all very new to me and would appreciate any hand holding all you fantastic cheffers can provide:D

Thanks
Leslie

I am currently throwing a wedding shower for my friend this Saturday. The wedding date is July 1st. I think that 6-8 weeks before the wedding is normal.

I would say 4-8 weeks out. My shower was 2 weeks before (my MOH was living in London at the time her hubby is Navy) and I felt rushed getting the thank you cards out because I wanted the guest to have them before they came to the wedding. Usually thank you cards are sent out within a month. Plus this way if the guest have to ask off for work they don't have to pick and choose which one they can attend.

1. When is the best time to have a wedding shower?

The best time to have a wedding shower is typically 2-3 months before the wedding date. This allows enough time for guests to RSVP and for the bride to receive and organize gifts before the big day.

2. Can we have a wedding shower before the engagement?

It is not recommended to have a wedding shower before the engagement. The purpose of a wedding shower is to celebrate the upcoming marriage and to shower the couple with gifts. Without an official engagement, it may be seen as presumptuous to have a wedding shower.

3. Should the wedding shower be co-ed?

It ultimately depends on the preferences of the couple. Some may prefer a traditional women-only shower, while others may want to include both male and female guests. It's important to consider the personalities and comfort levels of the couple and their guests when making this decision.

4. Is it okay to have multiple wedding showers?

Having multiple wedding showers is not uncommon, especially if the couple has family and friends in different locations. However, it is important to avoid inviting the same guests to multiple showers to avoid overwhelming them with gift-buying obligations.

5. Can the wedding shower be held at a restaurant or other venue?

Yes, the wedding shower can be held at a restaurant or other venue. This can be a great option for those who don't have a suitable space for hosting the shower at home. Just be sure to consider the cost and any potential dietary restrictions of the guests when choosing a venue.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chezshelly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
  • JulieHaak
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies