• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Desperate to Book Parties this Summer: My Story

In August For The Host Special. The Rest Of My Family Says That I Am Wasting My Time And Money And That I Won't Make Any Money And They Don't Want To Host And Heck, They Won't Even Order From Me. They Are Sooooo Supportive!!!!!!!!!!!!Think Positive!In summary, your first show was unsuccessful and you are having trouble getting bookings. You should try reaching out to your friends and family and see if they would be willing to sponsor a show for
lhgegg
I have done everything. No one wants to book parties!! IT IS SUMMER!!
I told the hostess about August host special and I told the guests several times. They like the bowls and they said the special was a great price, but they do not want to host shows. That was my first show. All the guests and the host wanted to do was visit they were really not interested in PC. In fact I had a $550 show all from outside orders. All of the shows I have lined up are catalogue shows,NO CHANCE OF GETTING BOOKINGS. If I dont get any more shows booked by August I wii have to quit and I CAN NOT AFFORD A $90 KIT AND NOT MAKE ANY MONEY. LHGEGG

Go Back to 50Don't get discouraged, go back to your list of 50 people and start making some calls. Friends, relatives, co-workers...just keep asking. It's my 3rd month and I have only done 2 kitchen shows, but I keep on asking. A catalog show is still income for you. :)

Call everyone of your outside orders. If you have not closed the show yet, tell them you are calling to verify their order and see if there is anything they wanted to add to their order before you close the show. Then tell them about the wonderful host specials for summer and ask them to book.

If you have closed the show... just call to thank them for their order, see how they like their products, then ask to book. Basically an out of the box call.

Hang in there. Some people like summer parties, some don't. You will find the ones that do!

Even though you only have catalog shows doesn't mean you will not get any bookings from them. What I did was, for the outside orders that I had a phone number for, I called them about a week after I know they received their stuff. I asked them how they liked using their new products and then I slip in about the host benefits and if they would be interested in having a show. In order to get bookings, you need to pick up the phone. Whether it be a customer service call or just calling someone to ask them if they would be interested in hosting a show.

Good Luck,
Debbie

I know it's frustrating. I'm extremely frustrated myself! I haven't gotten one solid booking off of a show. I just seem to keep getting lucky. I don't have any shows booked for July or August. I have one maybe for September and that's it. I'm also the shyest person when it comes to asking for bookings because I don't like rejection. Don't give up yet though. People are just starting to know that you're a consultant. The word will get out and those who do want to host shows will call you. That's what keeps me going!

Re: BookingsCould you get your mom/sister/aunt to sponsor one??

Sherri

Frustrated About Bookings!Thanks For All Of The Advice. I Have Had One Kitchen Show This Month. June Was My First Month. They Only Had 5 People At The Show And No One Booked. Also They Didn't Even Spend $150. All Of The Sales Were From Their Outside Orders And There Were Quite A Few Orders But No One Left Their Phone Numbers For Me To Be Able To Call Them. Heck, Some Did Not Even Leave There Last Name. Also I Have Another Show, A Catalogue Show That Is Just The Same. No One Leaves Their Last Name Or Phone Numbers. I Really Don't Think These People Want To Be Bothered With Me Calling Them. I Have 2 More Catalogue Shows And One Kitchen Show Booked. My Sister Is Having The Kitchen Show In August For The Host Special. The Rest Of My Family Says That I Am Wasting My Time And Money And That I Won't Make Any Money And They Don't Want To Host And Heck, They Won't Even Order From Me. They Are Sooooo Supportive!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think Positive!
lhgegg said:
Thanks For All Of The Advice. I Have Had One Kitchen Show This Month. June Was My First Month. They Only Had 5 People At The Show And No One Booked. Also They Didn't Even Spend $150. All Of The Sales Were From Their Outside Orders And There Were Quite A Few Orders But No One Left Their Phone Numbers For Me To Be Able To Call Them. Heck, Some Did Not Even Leave There Last Name. Also I Have Another Show, A Catalogue Show That Is Just The Same. No One Leaves Their Last Name Or Phone Numbers. I Really Don't Think These People Want To Be Bothered With Me Calling Them. I Have 2 More Catalogue Shows And One Kitchen Show Booked. My Sister Is Having The Kitchen Show In August For The Host Special. The Rest Of My Family Says That I Am Wasting My Time And Money And That I Won't Make Any Money And They Don't Want To Host And Heck, They Won't Even Order From Me. They Are Sooooo Supportive!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi lhgegg! I am in my third month and consider doing myself doing okay! I have pretty much spent every waking hour on reading these boards and finding ideas on how to put my name out there. Have you looked up if there are local fairs in your area? I have done two fairs (with my recruiter) and have gotten one booking from each show and at one of the fairs, I got $100 in orders by just sitting there! They saw the banner and say (OH, I LOVE PC! I didn't know you guys were going to be here!) I added that on to my grandmas show and she was extremely happy to up her sales. Some fairs are pretty cheap to rent a booth ($35 & up) and some are really expensive (bridal fair tables). Your director gets an alotment each month (I think its $50 just for fairs). Ask her how you would go about looking for one in your area or search this site! It has LOADS of info just on fairs! :)
Good Luck!

Ok, we have all been there at some point. And trust me I know it is hard. I usually have about 6-8 kitchen shows on my book a month, this month... I am squeeking in with 2. That is only because a friend of mine is having another one. It is really hard to keep your self motivated. Here is something I have been doing and telling my recruits to ....
Make up plates (or baskets, boxes ect.) of goodies and take them, with your business cards to buisnesses. Tell them that you are trying to build your buisness and are looking for some new hostesses. I have done this 3 times and got 3 or 4 bookings. Don't just leave them there though, you have to chat it up and ask for what you want.
Hope it helps

Don't count out your catalog shows for bookings. If you get your hosts excited about the booking benefit they are more willing to help you find bookings from their friends!! Sometimes I offer my own incentive too. If I need shows for July, I offer my catalog host (and my Kitchen Show hosts for outside orders) a $5 'reward' for finding a booking for that month! GL and HTH! :p

Suggestion for catalog showsJust to let you all know what I do... when I receive outside orders or catalog show orders, I tell the host I need the name and address info filled out so that the guests sales receipt has all the important info.

Then, if I do want to call someone I go to www.whitepages.com. There is a tab there called "reverse phone lookup" and "reverse address lookup". Type in their address and it should give their phone number unless they are unlisted. I have not tried it for Canadian addresses/phone listings.

Hope that helps!

What inspired you to write "Desperate to Book Parties this Summer: My Story"?

I have been a Pampered Chef consultant for many years and have experienced the ups and downs of booking parties, especially during the slower summer months. I wanted to share my personal struggles and successes with others to help them overcome the same challenges.

What are some of the key strategies you share in your book for booking parties in the summer?

I discuss the importance of networking, utilizing social media, and offering creative incentives to entice potential hosts. I also share tips for hosting successful virtual parties and how to take advantage of summer events and activities to generate interest in hosting a party.

Do you only focus on booking parties in the summer, or do you provide tips for other seasons?

While the book mainly focuses on strategies for booking parties during the summer months, many of the tips and techniques can be applied to any season. I also touch on how to keep the party momentum going after the summer season ends.

What do you think sets your book apart from other resources on booking parties?

My book is based on my personal experiences and includes real-life examples and success stories. I also provide specific, actionable steps for consultants to follow and apply to their own business. It's not just a general overview - it's a detailed guide with proven methods.

Can this book benefit both new and experienced Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, absolutely! Whether you are just starting out or have been in the business for years, there are always new strategies and techniques to learn and implement. My book offers valuable insights and tips that can help any consultant improve their party bookings and grow their business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• csulier
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sarahsworld2000
  • princessmeshelle
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • cheflorraine