• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find Your Expiry Date: Beer Bread & Pizza Crust/Roll Mix

HO does not have a specific answer, but they do have a guide that can be found at this link:http://www.homeandgardening.com/h...article/id/6430/Basically, the best way to tell if an item is expired is to look for an expiration date that has passed. If there is no expiration date listed, then the item is generally safe to use.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
I have been carrying a box of Beer Bread and a box of Pizza Crust and Roll mix around for a while now. Do you know where the expiration date would be listed on either of these items?

Re: Expired?
chefmoseley said:
I have been carrying a box of Beer Bread and a box of Pizza Crust and Roll mix around for a while now. Do you know where the expiration date would be listed on either of these items?

I can't wait till someone answers this this. I have thrown out a few here & there because I couln't find the expiration date....:(

Re: Expired?I would also be interested in the answer.

Re: Expired?I haven't seen an expiration on either of those, unless it's coded some weird way.The only thing that should go bad in either of them is the leavening (yeast packet in the pizza crust mix; baking powder and baking soda in the beer bread). The chemical leaveners in the beer bread mix will lose their effectiveness, but wouldn't make things taste bad. And the yeast in the pizza crust mix can be replaced with yeast from the grocery store (same amount as what's in the packet in the mix), if the mix has been hanging around in the cupboard for a year or more. Flour can go bad, but since they use all-purpose or bread flour and not whole wheat, the chance of it going rancid is very low.

Re: Expired?You could certainly carry it for a year with no concerns. Like ChefAnn says, yeast, baking powder and baking soda will all lose their efficacy sooner than the flour will go bad. I think the problem is that you aren't making them!!!! :) Mmm.. beer bread is so nice!

Re: Expired?According to the Product Information Guide on CC, the beer bread mix has a shelf life (unopened) of 1 year.

That doesn't help I suppose if you don't recall when you purchased it, but it might give you a general idea.

Re: Expired?Frustrated, I went looking on the internet and found this link that decodes the manufacture date on boxed mixes for Continental Mills (Krusteaz) products. Not sure who manufactures our items, but their codes look just like ours. So, this is how THEIR products are decoded:

--The first number after the two letters represents the year of manufacture.

--The next three numbers represent the number of days into the year
(Using the 365-day calendar).

http://www.classichearth.com/brands/...arth/mfg_code/
This site lets you put in the code, and it will decipher for you (btm of page)

If this is correct, the Pampered Chef Pizza Crust & Roll mix's that I bought this year were 'Manufactured on 2-24-2001' (Code # KE1055D)

I have to say that the Pizza mix product performs just fine, but yuck... 2001? I sure would like to know for sure!

Patty

Re: Expired?I really doubt it was manufactured in 2001! Maybe 2010!!

Re: Expired?
plpetri said:
Frustrated, I went looking on the internet and found this link that decodes the manufacture date on boxed mixes for Continental Mills (Krusteaz) products. Not sure who manufactures our items, but their codes look just like ours. So, this is how THEIR products are decoded:

--The first number after the two letters represents the year of manufacture.

--The next three numbers represent the number of days into the year
(Using the 365-day calendar).

http://www.classichearth.com/brands/...arth/mfg_code/
This site lets you put in the code, and it will decipher for you (btm of page)

If this is correct, the Pampered Chef Pizza Crust & Roll mix's that I bought this year were 'Manufactured on 2-24-2001' (Code # KE1055D)

I have to say that the Pizza mix product performs just fine, but yuck... 2001? I sure would like to know for sure!

Patty
I would say 2010 day 55!

Re: Expired?Product bought/received in June... manufactured on 2/24.
Your date sure makes more sense, but it would be great if we knew for sure. Also, it would be nice for pantry items to have 'best if used by' on their packaging/label.

Re: Expired?has anyone emailed HO to ask them how to tell what the date says??

Re: Expired?I am bringing this thread back out wandering about expiration dates for our pantry items. I get this question all the time.

1. How long does the "Find Your Expiry Date: Beer Bread & Pizza Crust/Roll Mix" last?

The mix has a shelf life of 12-18 months when stored in a cool, dry place.

2. Can I use expired mix to make bread or pizza?

We do not recommend using expired mix as it may affect the quality and taste of the final product.

3. How do I know if the mix has expired?

There is an expiry date printed on the package. If the date has passed, we recommend discarding the mix and purchasing a new one.

4. Can I freeze the mix to extend its shelf life?

Yes, you can freeze the mix for up to 6 months to extend its shelf life. Make sure to seal it tightly in an airtight container or freezer bag.

5. Can I use the mix after the "best by" date?

While the mix may still be safe to consume after the "best by" date, we recommend using it before the expiry date for optimal taste and quality.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pcjulie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • JR09PCC