• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I have been carrying a box of Beer Bread and a box of Pizza Crust and

chefmoseley

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2008
I have been carrying a box of Beer Bread and a box of Pizza Crust and Roll mix around for a while now. Do you know where the expiration date would be listed on either of these items?

Ginger428

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2006
Re: Expired?

I have been carrying a box of Beer Bread and a box of Pizza Crust and Roll mix around for a while now. Do you know where the expiration date would be listed on either of these items?

I can't wait till someone answers this this. I have thrown out a few here & there because I couln't find the expiration date....:(

jbondr

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2008

I would also be interested in the answer.

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005

I haven't seen an expiration on either of those, unless it's coded some weird way.

The only thing that should go bad in either of them is the leavening (yeast packet in the pizza crust mix; baking powder and baking soda in the beer bread). The chemical leaveners in the beer bread mix will lose their effectiveness, but wouldn't make things taste bad. And the yeast in the pizza crust mix can be replaced with yeast from the grocery store (same amount as what's in the packet in the mix), if the mix has been hanging around in the cupboard for a year or more. Flour can go bad, but since they use all-purpose or bread flour and not whole wheat, the chance of it going rancid is very low.

Dotty

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2010

You could certainly carry it for a year with no concerns. Like ChefAnn says, yeast, baking powder and baking soda will all lose their efficacy sooner than the flour will go bad. I think the problem is that you aren't making them!!!! :) Mmm.. beer bread is so nice!

MLinAZ

Gold Member
May 7, 2009

According to the Product Information Guide on CC, the beer bread mix has a shelf life (unopened) of 1 year.

That doesn't help I suppose if you don't recall when you purchased it, but it might give you a general idea.

May 19, 2006

Frustrated, I went looking on the internet and found this link that decodes the manufacture date on boxed mixes for Continental Mills (Krusteaz) products. Not sure who manufactures our items, but their codes look just like ours. So, this is how THEIR products are decoded:

--The first number after the two letters represents the year of manufacture.

--The next three numbers represent the number of days into the year
(Using the 365-day calendar).

http://www.classichearth.com/brands/...arth/mfg_code/
This site lets you put in the code, and it will decipher for you (btm of page)

If this is correct, the Pampered Chef Pizza Crust & Roll mix's that I bought this year were 'Manufactured on 2-24-2001' (Code # KE1055D)

I have to say that the Pizza mix product performs just fine, but yuck... 2001? I sure would like to know for sure!

Patty

mountainmama74

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2009

I really doubt it was manufactured in 2001! Maybe 2010!!

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007

Frustrated, I went looking on the internet and found this link that decodes the manufacture date on boxed mixes for Continental Mills (Krusteaz) products. Not sure who manufactures our items, but their codes look just like ours. So, this is how THEIR products are decoded:

--The first number after the two letters represents the year of manufacture.

--The next three numbers represent the number of days into the year
(Using the 365-day calendar).

http://www.classichearth.com/brands/...arth/mfg_code/
This site lets you put in the code, and it will decipher for you (btm of page)

If this is correct, the Pampered Chef Pizza Crust & Roll mix's that I bought this year were 'Manufactured on 2-24-2001' (Code # KE1055D)

I have to say that the Pizza mix product performs just fine, but yuck... 2001? I sure would like to know for sure!

Patty
I would say 2010 day 55!

May 19, 2006

Product bought/received in June... manufactured on 2/24.
Your date sure makes more sense, but it would be great if we knew for sure. Also, it would be nice for pantry items to have 'best if used by' on their packaging/label.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008

has anyone emailed HO to ask them how to tell what the date says??

DessertDivaFL

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2008

I am bringing this thread back out wandering about expiration dates for our pantry items. I get this question all the time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies
Views
Stephanie78
Replies
Views
Roadtripray
Replies
Views