• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Age Limit for Hosting a Show? Should I Put it in Mom's Name?

In summary, the girl that booked a show at my sunday show last week is only 15!! I swear she looked about 20 and so mature I wouldve never guessed it. Her mother is the one who is interested in doing a catalog show and becoming a consultant. My question is ....is there an age limit to host a show? should I put the show in her mothers name? This girl is interested in becoming a consultant also later. I told her if she wanted I could kinda take her under my wing and show her how things are done and she could go to one show a month with me and see from a consultant view how kitchen shows work and all that. she seemed excited to do that. Is that legal? I told
monica_sweetconsultant
Silver Member
The girl that booked a show at my sunday show last week is only 15!! I swear she looked about 20 and so mature I wouldve never guessed it. Her mother is the one who is interested in doing a catalog show and becoming a consultant. My question is ....is there an age limit to host a show? should I put the show in her mothers name? This girl is interested in becoming a consultant also later. I told her if she wanted I could kinda take her under my wing and show her how things are done and she could go to one show a month with me and see from a consultant view how kitchen shows work and all that. she seemed excited to do that. Is that legal? I told her i cant pay her or give her anything for it except maybe some experience for when she is ready to become a consultant herself. what do you all think? I'm not really sure how to handle this situation!!

For hosting, you can put it under the daughter's name; but if her mother is thinking about becoming a consultant and wants to use some of the host credit towards purchasing the kit, I'd put it under the mom's name. If she's not going to use the credit, it might not be a bad idea to put it under the daughter's name because then for any bookings, she can buy the host specials (if the mom's name was used and the mom became the consultant, she'd lose the future host specials). I hope that makes sense!

As far as becoming a consultant, she does have to be 18. She could certainly attend shows, and you could pay her if you have the money to do so. She could help with order taking, handing out catalogs, drawing slips, etc. It's also a tax write off to you if you do pay her.

Diane

thanks so much for the quick reply. I havent spoke to her mother yet about becoming a consultant. When I spoke to the girl about hosting the show she had just got back from a funeral :eek: and i was so uncomfortable talking to her then but she was fine with it. I told her to tell her mother to expect a phone call from me this week sometime I wanted to give them time to get over the funeral thing. her mother had circled yes for a catalog show and consultant and her daughter booked the kitchen show. its kinda confusing keeping the two strait!! My husband is my "partner" so to say. he is a tremendous help. he even helps with the recipes when i get behind or need someone to demo a tool and i cant get a volunteer. but i dont want to just shrug her off either. i'm not sure which way i will go with it. maybe let her come to a few and see how she does. she says she can talk in front of crowds wiht ease. any other suggestions would be appreciated!!

What is the age limit for hosting a show with Pampered Chef?

The minimum age to host a show with Pampered Chef is 18 years old. However, if you are under 18, you can still host a show with the consent and supervision of a parent or legal guardian.

Can I put the show in my mom's name if I am under 18?

Yes, you can put the show in your mom's name if you are under 18. However, your mom will be responsible for all aspects of the show, including signing the necessary documents and handling any payments.

Will my age affect my ability to earn host rewards?

No, your age will not affect your ability to earn host rewards. As long as you meet the minimum sales requirements and have a qualified show, you will be eligible for host rewards regardless of your age.

Can I still earn commission if I am under 18 and hosting a show?

Yes, you can earn commission if you are under 18 and hosting a show. However, the commission will be paid to the adult who signed the agreement and is responsible for the show.

Are there any restrictions on the types of shows I can host if I am under 18?

No, there are no restrictions on the types of shows you can host if you are under 18. You can host any type of show, including in-home or virtual shows, as long as you have the necessary consent and supervision from a parent or legal guardian.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lmradlein
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lmradlein
  • Chef.Wanda