• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Cancel an Order After the Show Has Been Submitted?

In summary, the host received over $700 in sales from a party she hosted. The host was contacted by the customer who placed the order, who changed her mind, and wants to cancel the order. The host contacted the customer and asked if she would like to keep any of the items she ordered and the customer said no. The host offered to pick up the items the customer wanted to return from the host and refund her money.
stacieka
I did a party last Saturday. We closed the show on Monday. The host had over $700 in sales. I placed the order deposited all of the checks and cash and submitted the show. Well Friday night I get a call from her saying that one of the girls who placed an order changed her mind and wants to cancel. It had been more than 3 days...the show had already been submitted and is actually on its way here. It is over a $200 order that the girl wants to cancel. I have contacted my recruiter and she doesnt know how to handle it so she called the director to see what we can do. I want to give great customer service but this order changes the show and my commission so much. Anyone know what can be done or is it just to bad for the girl who placed the order that she doesnt want now? Hope this isnt to confusing.

Stacie

Oh my!!I would call this girl myself and ask why she wants to cancel. Then I would see if maybe she would still like some of the items she ordered. Maybe something bad has come up and she really needs the money. I think that if you call the office they will let you ship the items back, but talk to the lady yourself and find out whats going on :rolleyes:

That is the thing she only ordered 2 items...the generation II pots and pans and something else I cant remember off the top of my head. She is a friend of the host and now they arent on speaking terms and I don't really want to get in the middle. She just doesnt want them anymore. Since the order has already been shipped I didnt know how to handle it and how it would affect the host rewards and my commision. I plan on calling the home office tomorrow and like I said I am still waiting for my recruiter to call back from word from the director. Ughh this just stinks...OH and I am in my super start month 1 and this show put me over the top to get my reward...so I guess I wont be getting that either. THis sucks!

Stacie

I might be wrong but I think since she already placed the order and it is on it's way it is up to the customer now to return the item via the instructions on the back of the receipt. In that case, it will not change anything (host $$ or your commission) . I have had customers do this before and I just tell them where the return info is.

Yep from what I understand, that is right. There was once I had to call customer service about a change in an already shipped order...once it is shipped, it is the customers problem to have it sent back and instructions are on the back of her receipt. So and for you and your host - you are off the hook! The worst part for you will be having to call up this person and explain all this to her! :(

She will have to call HO within 30 days and set up a pick up time and wait for her money to be refunded since the show has been closed and has shipped. I recently had something like this happen to me but it wasn't for $200 so what I did was write the guest a personal check from my account for the items she no longer wanted and when the Show came in the host held the other items for me. Luckily it was only $38 and was PC products I didn't already own. This guest needed the money back right away for personal reasons so I decided to help her out. You are smart to want to stay out of their personal problems. I would call the guest and be courteous and professional by explaining what she has to do to get her money back. I might even offer to pick up the items from the host and arrange UPS pick up from my home for her. This way she and the host don't need to see one another. Plus she could be a good future customer. You just never know. Good luck! :D

So will they send her the refund or me and then I will have to get it back to her??

She will handle it all. You can not get a refund sent to you with a customers receipt. It has to go to the customer. If you know the customer was just being wishy washy I let them take care of the whole thing. If they honestly made a mistake or had financial problems I will do all I can on my part.

You need to cover yourself here...everyone here is right on the money. Let the order go to her. Then let her handle the return. I had the same sort of thing happen just recently too with a $210.00 order. (It was an exconsultant on top of it all!) He and his wife placed a huge order on a show they attended. They had some problems just after the show but the show had been submitted so they had to get the products and make arrangements with the Home Office for returns. I never did see anything that adversley effected me but then again, I have not seen the commission statement it will happen to be on. Not until the 8th of December so...
Honestly, as much as you may want to do soemthing here, gut instinct tells me you should do nothing more than call this person and explain the she needs to call the home office. Make sure you get the warranty form to her immediately though.
That much money and a sour situation between friends, something is very wrong there. Don't get messed up in it.

Thanks that is what I did. I told the host how she could return it and am staying far away from it. I did tell her that the girl could call me if she had questions. My directer did find out it will not affect the show in any way or my commission so I am pretty happy about that!

1. What do I do if my product arrived damaged?

If your product arrived damaged, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-555-1234. They will assist you with getting a replacement or refund.

2. Can I return a product if I changed my mind?

Yes, you can return a product within 30 days of purchase if you changed your mind. Please contact our customer service team for further instructions.

3. How do I redeem a warranty on my product?

To redeem a warranty on your product, please contact our customer service team and provide them with your order number and a description of the issue. They will assist you with getting a replacement or repair.

4. Can I cancel an order after it has been placed?

If you need to cancel an order, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible. They will do their best to cancel the order if it has not yet been processed.

5. Is there a warranty for the products I purchase?

Yes, all of our products come with a limited warranty. Please refer to the product description or contact our customer service team for more information on the specific warranty for your product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
Replies