1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: I have a potential in zip code......

1. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

I have a potential recruit that lives in the 55301 zip code in Minnesota. She is concerned about how many other consultants might be living there.

First, how to I help alleviate this concern and second is anyone in that area that can give me a some info on how many people are actively working in that area. It's Otsego just outside Minneapolis.

Thanks

Mar 18, 2009
  2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

It doesn't really matter how many consultants are in one area, it's how you work your personal business. I hardly ever do shows in the area that I live in!

Mar 18, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Pampered Chef doesn't release statistics about how many consultants are in an area.

Honestly, there are a ton of consultants around me, but it doesn't hurt my business. Most of them would be considered hobbiests, and only do 1-2 shows a month, if that.

Mar 18, 2009
  4. pcsharon1

I know, I've told her both of those things but she is still leary of there being too many. She is excited at the thought but scared at the same time - which is right where she should be actually, so I guess there really isn't a problem. Since she is a really good friend I guess I am handling her differently than I would any other recruit and I shouldn't be.

Mar 18, 2009
  5. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

I live less than an hr from this town. Truthfully she is so close to 2 major metropolitian areas I would not worry about it. It is not how many cons. there are it is who she knows and is she willing to invite all of those people to host?

Mar 18, 2009
  6. pcsharon1

That is her main issue. She is fairly new there and doesn't know a lot of people. So she would simply be starting with the neighbors and trying to work her way up from there. She's still considering.

Mar 18, 2009
  7. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Here's another take on it. I live 45 mins from HO. You would think that every one around here would know about PC. You know what? At almost EVERY show I do, there is someone there who is there for the first time!

Business is everywhere!

Mar 18, 2009
  8. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

That was me too. I just started with a few friends and a few and worked at it. If she is willing to work it and think outside the box she can do it.

Mar 18, 2009
  9. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I loved how at NC last year they showed the map of a neighborhood in Chicago. You would think with HO being right there it would be saturated with consultants. But there were several blocks that had never hosted a party before.

Mar 18, 2009
Have something to add?