• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Handling a Host's Request: Is It Allowed?

usually it's a breeze. I always mention it to the customer when it's put together and they always seem happy to know. If there is a problem down the road, they can always call me and I'll be happy to help them out.Re: S&h
msunn1973
I have a host who had three outside orders that did not even come to $30. The host asked me if I could put all those outside orders together and that the buyers would then split the $4.25 in shipping and handling. I can understand that everyone wants to save money anyway they can and that 4.25 is a bit much to pay on a $10 order, but I was a little disappointed that she asked me to do this. I'm pretty sure that this is not allowed by HO.

Is it okay to do this and have any of you done this before? How would you handle this and what would you say to this host? Thanks for your help!

Re: S&h
msunn1973 said:
I have a host who had three outside orders that did not even come to $30. The host asked me if I could put all those outside orders together and that the buyers would then split the $4.25 in shipping and handling. I can understand that everyone wants to save money anyway they can and that 4.25 is a bit much to pay on a $10 order, but I was a little disappointed that she asked me to do this. I'm pretty sure that this is not allowed by HO. Is it okay to do this and have any of you done this before? How would you handle this and what would you say to this host? Thanks for your help!
There was recently a pretty large thread regarding this issue. Do a search and you'll see how different people handle situations like that.Oh, here's the thread -----> http://www.chefsuccess.com/f12/multiple-customers-saving-shipping-52519/

Last edited:
Re: S&hThank you so much...I try to do searches but find I never put in the correct wording.

Re: S&hI combine shipping if asked by a customer. I've even had them huddle in secrete to put their orders together--although I knew what was going on. Be sure to use the drawing slips so you still get everyone's contact info.

I tell them in my wrap up that shipping is 4.25 no matter if they spend $5 or $5,000 that way they know up front what it is. yes, it is printed on the order form but we've all been to shows and checked out with the consultant and then almost passed out from the total after tax/shipping.

If I know they are combining I always tell them that it's fine with me, but if they should ever have a warranty claim it makes it harder to process. You think now you'll remember that your items are on Suzie's order, but will you remember that 2,3, or 5 yrs. from now--no way. It happens all the time.

Re: S&hI always tell the host that it is up to HER to know what each person gets. If pushed, I will figure the amounts (I prefer they do this and give me one payment) but I refuse to keep track of things. I've had maybe one or two hosts call and ask me to verify what guests got so that's not too bad.....

Re: S&h
flemings99 said:
I combine shipping if asked by a customer. I've even had them huddle in secrete to put their orders together--although I knew what was going on. Be sure to use the drawing slips so you still get everyone's contact info.

I tell them in my wrap up that shipping is 4.25 no matter if they spend $5 or $5,000 that way they know up front what it is. yes, it is printed on the order form but we've all been to shows and checked out with the consultant and then almost passed out from the total after tax/shipping.

If I know they are combining I always tell them that it's fine with me, but if they should ever have a warranty claim it makes it harder to process. You think now you'll remember that your items are on Suzie's order, but will you remember that 2,3, or 5 yrs. from now--no way. It happens all the time.

This is so true. I'm helping a customer with that now- she had added onto someone else's order, but the receipt she has doesn't include the Host Name or show number. So I'm hoping she can track that information down- because HO can't process it without. (I tried), To me, if I'm buying an item with more than a 1yr warranty, it's worth the $4.25 in shipping. How many of us have bought the $30 extra-protection plans at Best Buy or some appliance store to cover some expensive item we're buying? The $4.25 is nothing for the convenience for warranty service in the future!

Re: S&hI combine orders like that all the time. I keep a copy of their 3-part receipt. I always put in the show#/date so that I can track it if there is a problem. Although we do have the cheapest shipping around, to ask someone to pay $4.25 on a $10 or less order is pretty ridiculous. JMHO

1. Can I customize the menu for my Pampered Chef party?

Yes, you can absolutely customize the menu for your party. Our goal is to make sure you and your guests have a great time, and we are happy to work with you to create a menu that fits your preferences and dietary needs.

2. Can I request a specific consultant for my party?

While we cannot guarantee a specific consultant, we will do our best to accommodate your request. Please let us know in advance if you have a preferred consultant, and we will do our best to schedule them for your party.

3. Can I invite more guests to my Pampered Chef party after sending out invitations?

Yes, you can definitely invite more guests after sending out invitations. Just let your consultant know so they can plan accordingly and make sure there is enough food and supplies for everyone.

4. Can I request a specific date and time for my party?

Yes, you can request a specific date and time for your party. However, it is subject to the availability of your consultant, so we recommend booking your party as early as possible to secure your desired date and time.

5. Can I request a theme for my Pampered Chef party?

Yes, you can request a theme for your party. We have a variety of themes to choose from, such as a holiday theme or a specific type of cuisine. Please discuss your theme ideas with your consultant, and they will help you plan a fun and memorable party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AprilM
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AprilM
  • jigsmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Kristianne