1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: I have a host who had three outside orders that did not even come to

1. I have a host who had three outside orders that did not even come to $30. The host asked me if I could put all those outside orders together and that the buyers would then split the $4.25 in shipping and handling. I can understand that everyone wants to save money anyway they can and that 4.25 is a bit much to pay on a $10 order, but I was a little disappointed that she asked me to do this. I'm pretty sure that this is not allowed by HO.

Is it okay to do this and have any of you done this before? How would you handle this and what would you say to this host? Thanks for your help!

Jul 6, 2009
  2. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

Re: S&h

There was recently a pretty large thread regarding this issue. Do a search and you'll see how different people handle situations like that.

Oh, here's the thread -----> http://www.chefsuccess.com/f12/multiple-customers-saving-shipping-52519/

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
    Jul 6, 2009
  3. Re: S&h

Thank you so much...I try to do searches but find I never put in the correct wording.

Jul 6, 2009
  4. flemings99

flemings99 Veteran Member Gold Member

I combine shipping if asked by a customer. I've even had them huddle in secrete to put their orders together--although I knew what was going on. Be sure to use the drawing slips so you still get everyone's contact info.

I tell them in my wrap up that shipping is 4.25 no matter if they spend $5 or $5,000 that way they know up front what it is. yes, it is printed on the order form but we've all been to shows and checked out with the consultant and then almost passed out from the total after tax/shipping.

If I know they are combining I always tell them that it's fine with me, but if they should ever have a warranty claim it makes it harder to process. You think now you'll remember that your items are on Suzie's order, but will you remember that 2,3, or 5 yrs. from now--no way. It happens all the time.

Jul 6, 2009
  5. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

I always tell the host that it is up to HER to know what each person gets. If pushed, I will figure the amounts (I prefer they do this and give me one payment) but I refuse to keep track of things. I've had maybe one or two hosts call and ask me to verify what guests got so that's not too bad.....

Jul 7, 2009
  6. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

This is so true. I'm helping a customer with that now- she had added onto someone else's order, but the receipt she has doesn't include the Host Name or show number. So I'm hoping she can track that information down- because HO can't process it without. (I tried), To me, if I'm buying an item with more than a 1yr warranty, it's worth the $4.25 in shipping. How many of us have bought the $30 extra-protection plans at Best Buy or some appliance store to cover some expensive item we're buying? The $4.25 is nothing for the convenience for warranty service in the future!

Jul 7, 2009
  7. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

I combine orders like that all the time. I keep a copy of their 3-part receipt. I always put in the show#/date so that I can track it if there is a problem. Although we do have the cheapest shipping around, to ask someone to pay $4.25 on a $10 or less order is pretty ridiculous. JMHO

Jul 8, 2009
Have something to add?