• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Empanada Recipes for Every Occasion!

In summary, the Empanada con Pollo recipe from the Season's Best book can be used to make Beef Empanadas, Cheese Empanadas, or both. The dough can be made with 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 6 tbls vegetable shortening, 1 egg yolk, and 3-4 tbls ice water. The filling can be made with 1/3 cup grated Swiss cheese, 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese, 1/4 tsp paprika, and 1 egg white. The glaze can be made with 1 egg, lightly beaten, 1 tsp water, and 1 tsp of vanilla extract
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
I have a host looking for empanada recipes. I gave her the Emapanada con Pollo recipe from the Season's Best, but her husband is jones-ing for all kinds of empanadas. Dessert, ground beef, a different chicken one?

Thanks guys!!

Not a PC RecipeI have a recipe for ground beef Empanadas but its not a PC recipe. Is that OK? Do you still want it?

YES, Shelia!! If you've got it please post it! Thanks!

Beef EmpanadaWhat you'll need:

1 lb onion
2 lbs ground beef
1 cube of beef broth
1 bay leaf
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tbls of oregano
1 tsp of paprika
1/3 cup of water
empanda disks (goya brand works best)

Cut onions into tiny pieces. Put onions, water, leaf, broth and paprika in a large pot. Cook until onions are soft and look crystal like. Add meat, oregano, garlic powder, a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until meat has no pink, up to 10 minutes. Cool completely uncovered. Put fillinf in center of dough. Fold in half and fold corners and edges. Take a beaten egg and paint over empanadas. Bake at 400 - 450 for 15 minutes.

Food 911Hey I am watching Food 911 on the Foodnetwork channel and Tyler is doing Food 911 on Empanadas!! There are three different kinds. Go to Foodnetwork.com and look it up, I think you will be pleased :eek:)

Thanks for reminding me about that. I am an avid Food Network watcher and check their website frequently, but for some reason blanked on it this time.

Thanks everyone!! I know I will be trying the Beef Empanadas even if my host doesn't. They sound yummy!

Cheese EmpanadasI found another recipe in my files. Hope you like it.

For the Dough:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
6 tbls vegetable shortening or margarine
1 egg yolk
3-4 tbls ice water

For the Filling:
1/3 cup grated Swiss Cheese
1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp paprika
1 egg white, lightly beaten

For the Glaze:
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp water

To prepare dough:
In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Using 2 knives or a pastry blender, cut in the shortening so the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the egg yolk.

Add water, a tablespoon at a time, stirring with a fork until a dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead for 1 minute. Roll the dough 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick. Cut the dough into 3 inch squares.

To prepare filling:
Ina bowl, combine the ingredients, then set aside.

Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly butter a baking sheet and set aside.

To make empanadas:
Place about 2 teaspoons of the filling into each square. Fold the squares in half to form triangles, and seal the edges by crimping with a fork. Place the empanadas on the prepared baking sheet and refrigerate for 10 minutes.

To make glaze:
In a small bowl, beat the egg and water together.

Brush the tops of the empanadas with the glaze. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes on a rack before serving

Hi there! I'm so glad to hear that your host is interested in making empanadas for different occasions. I have a few suggestions for you to try out for her husband's cravings. For a delicious dessert empanada, I highly recommend the Chocolate Banana Empanadas from the "Celebrate!" Season's Best recipe book. They are a crowd-pleaser and perfect for any sweet tooth. For a savory option, the Ground Beef Empanadas from the "Cooking for Two" Season's Best recipe book are a great choice. They are easy to make and packed with flavor. And for a different chicken empanada, I suggest trying the BBQ Chicken Empanadas from the "Grilling & Outdoor Entertaining" Season's Best recipe book. They are a twist on the traditional chicken empanada and perfect for a summer BBQ. I hope these suggestions help and happy cooking! Let me know if you need any more ideas. Happy to help!

1. What is an empanada?

An empanada is a type of baked or fried pastry that is filled with various ingredients, typically including meat, vegetables, and spices. It originated in Spain and is now a popular dish in many Latin American and Caribbean countries.

2. How do I make the empanada dough?

To make the empanada dough, you will need flour, salt, water, and either butter or shortening. Mix the flour and salt together, then cut in the butter or shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Slowly add in the water and mix until a dough forms. Knead the dough for a few minutes, then let it rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before rolling it out and using it for your empanadas.

3. Can I use store-bought dough for empanadas?

Yes, you can use store-bought dough for empanadas if you are short on time. Look for pre-made empanada dough in the freezer section of your grocery store or use refrigerated pie crust dough as a substitute.

4. What are some popular fillings for empanadas?

Some popular fillings for empanadas include ground beef or chicken, shredded pork, black beans and cheese, and spinach and feta. You can also get creative and use your favorite ingredients to create your own unique filling.

5. How do I bake empanadas?

To bake empanadas, preheat your oven to 375°F. Place the empanadas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush them with an egg wash for a golden crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • CookingwithMary
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
tmo2008
  • esavvymom