• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fresh Veg. Fundraiser: Ideas for Tomato Dishes?

In summary, the speakers discuss ideas for using fresh tomatoes in a fundraiser. Suggestions include making tomato bruschetta, a tomato and cucumber salad, or grilling the tomatoes. They also mention using a corer to fill tomatoes with different salad fillings.
proudmama02
I have a fundraiser scheduled for next week. To keep cost down, I am making a veg. platter. Most of stuff will come from the garden. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do with a tomato besides slicing/wedges?? Thanks. YOur input is greatly appreciated!

How about a brushetta?
I don't know if PC has a recipe but I usually just make this by taste...just seed and then dice tomatoes. Chop some red onion and add to tomatoes. Then add olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and chopped fresh basil. (A good starting point with the oil is about 2 Tbsp for every 4 - 5 tomatoes) Toast some slices of bagette bread and place a small scoop of the mix on the top. I put a curl of parmesean cheese on the top sometimes. Then just drizzle with a tiny bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the tops.

These are like candy! ;)

Use The (hollow tube) Corer -#2415, it takes the core and seeds out of plum or small tomatoes. It's original purpose was to core apples or cucumbers, but it works great on tomatoes!

Fill the center with egg salad, ham salad, tuna salad, chicken salad or a recipe of your choice. They look so pretty. If the mixture isn't too thick, you could probably use the Easy Decorator for the filling.

You all have the best ideas !I as well have a large fundraiser and those ideas are awesome !! Thank you !! :)

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I love finding creative ways to use fresh ingredients from the garden. For your fundraiser, have you considered making a tomato bruschetta? Simply chop up some fresh tomatoes, mix them with some garlic, basil, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar, and serve on top of toasted baguette slices. It's a delicious and budget-friendly option that your guests will love. Another idea is to make a tomato and cucumber salad with a homemade vinaigrette dressing. You can also try grilling the tomatoes and serving them as a side dish or topping for burgers. I hope these suggestions help and good luck with your fundraiser!

1. What are some easy and delicious tomato dishes that can be made for the Fresh Veg. Fundraiser?

Some easy and delicious tomato dishes that can be made for the Fresh Veg. Fundraiser include bruschetta, caprese salad, tomato soup, tomato and mozzarella tart, and tomato and basil pasta.

2. Can you provide any vegetarian or vegan options for tomato dishes at the Fresh Veg. Fundraiser?

Yes, we have plenty of vegetarian and vegan options for tomato dishes at the Fresh Veg. Fundraiser. Some ideas include a grilled vegetable and tomato quinoa salad, roasted tomato and garlic hummus, and a tomato and avocado salad.

3. How can we incorporate different types of tomatoes into our dishes for the Fresh Veg. Fundraiser?

There are many ways to incorporate different types of tomatoes into your dishes for the Fresh Veg. Fundraiser. You can make a tomato and feta stuffed portobello mushroom, a roasted cherry tomato and goat cheese crostini, or even a tomato and pesto pizza with a variety of sliced tomatoes on top.

4. Are there any budget-friendly tomato dishes that can be made for the Fresh Veg. Fundraiser?

Yes, there are plenty of budget-friendly tomato dishes that can be made for the Fresh Veg. Fundraiser. Some options include a classic tomato and cheese sandwich, tomato and herb bruschetta, and a tomato and corn salsa.

5. Can you suggest any unique or creative ways to use tomatoes in our dishes for the Fresh Veg. Fundraiser?

Absolutely! Some unique and creative ways to use tomatoes in your dishes for the Fresh Veg. Fundraiser include a tomato and peach salsa, a tomato and watermelon gazpacho, and a tomato and feta tart with a balsamic glaze.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NewDirectorKaren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • JennyJennJen