1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: I have a fundraiser scheduled for next week. To keep cost down, I am

1. proudmama02

proudmama02 Member

I have a fundraiser scheduled for next week. To keep cost down, I am making a veg. platter. Most of stuff will come from the garden. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do with a tomato besides slicing/wedges?? Thanks. YOur input is greatly appreciated!

Aug 19, 2005
  2. cheesehead

cheesehead Novice Member

How about a brushetta?
    I don't know if PC has a recipe but I usually just make this by taste...just seed and then dice tomatoes. Chop some red onion and add to tomatoes. Then add olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and chopped fresh basil. (A good starting point with the oil is about 2 Tbsp for every 4 - 5 tomatoes) Toast some slices of bagette bread and place a small scoop of the mix on the top. I put a curl of parmesean cheese on the top sometimes. Then just drizzle with a tiny bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the tops.

These are like candy! ;)

Aug 19, 2005
  3. Happy Mom

Happy Mom Member

Use The (hollow tube) Corer -#2415, it takes the core and seeds out of plum or small tomatoes. It's original purpose was to core apples or cucumbers, but it works great on tomatoes!

Fill the center with egg salad, ham salad, tuna salad, chicken salad or a recipe of your choice. They look so pretty. If the mixture isn't too thick, you could probably use the Easy Decorator for the filling.

Aug 20, 2005
  4. D_Patel

D_Patel Member

You all have the best ideas !

I as well have a large fundraiser and those ideas are awesome !! Thank you !! :)

Aug 20, 2005
Have something to add?