• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sharing the Night: Navigating A Coworker's Request

In summary, Becky said that it is a 50/50 shot of whether or not a joint show will work. She also said that if the guests are there for the jewelry, they may book a party with you.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I have a coworker wants to do a show. Yea! Well, she approaches me and asks if I would mind sharing the night with someone else-a friend of hers who just started to sell jewelry. I have mixed feelings about this. What can I say without coming off the wrong way, or is there a way to make it work?

I've done a few joint shows. Obviously, it's better if it's just you, but if it's a show you wouldn't otherwise have, then try to make it work. Six months ago, I would have said that joint shows tend to be smaller because the guests don't spend all their money in one place (with you) so they may buy a little from each consultant. BUT, then I had a joint show when the host did a purse party. It was a $1500 show for me! She did have probably 20-25 people there and had a good number of outside orders. Then, I had another one a couple months later with a jewelry person and it was a $900 show! So, don't fear the worst because it could still end up being very good. I would try to arrange it where you would go first. I'm sure it's likely because I'm biased, but I think you would do better than the jewlery person because kitchen stuff is just more practical in my opinion! And I like jewelry. You have a good reason to go first so the food can be cooking and be done sooner. This may be a good time to offer a special booking incentive too.

I'd say go for it and hope for the best!:D

I agree with Becky- I've done joint shows too and some have turned out better than others but my feeling is it's a show and hopefully you get bookings out of it. The only thing I would suggest is that you stress that she needs to have at least 15- 20 people since it is a double show she should try to have double the people. Maybe even send out invites for her so you are guaranteed to send out 40+ invites. Hope it works out for you- good luck!

That is how I....became a consultant....I went to a "vendor blender" and there was the jewelry set up and the Pampered Chef consultant and her stuff....I was there on a mission, measure cups.....I looked at the jewelry, but didn't buy, but she had about 20 people there and her show was not what it should have been because more bought jewelry....she was bummed, she does jewelry (but it wasn't HER jewelry that night, another friends Sophia Lia, my friend does Silpada) and is constantly asking if we can do a "joint" party, but knowing what happened at hers, well, I love her dearly, she is my best friend, but I'm just starting out and I really want to get my sales up there.....BUT, on the other hand, it depends on the group of people you have too......so it is a 50/50 shot....AND if people are there for the jewelry, they MAY book a party with you.....:eek: I'm not much help.....

The gril told me that her friend is just getting started and is not as agressive as me. I don't think she realizes I just started to do this last July, so I'm new,too. I mentioned this to a close friend and he asked me if PC people can successfully sell more than one thing. I told him yes they can. He said, "This jewelry girl could be a new recruit for you". She's not afraid to go out and ask for business... Then it got me to thinking... I agree with most of you... It is a party and I could get bookings.

How do I ask to go firt without seeming snobby?

explain that you need to go first because your food has to cook:)

Right... duh.

I would approach it from a practical point of view. If you do your demo first, the food can get cooking faster and be done faster, so everyone can eat more quickly. Maybe they could eat while they listen to the jewelry presentation.

Love you, Becky!!

I would just use that excuse that you need to go first so they can EAT! LOL...everyone loves to eat, especially if they don't have to do the cooking.

And most of all.....make SURE its gonna be something with either GARLIC or Chocolate....get those body juices flowing....

We all must have been posting at the same time. LOL. I have to get used to this quick reply on here I still find myself hitting post reply most of the time.

1. Can I say no to a coworker's request to share the night?

Yes, you have the right to decline a coworker's request to share the night. You should never feel pressured or obligated to participate in any activity that makes you uncomfortable.

2. How do I politely decline a coworker's request to share the night?

You can politely decline by saying something like, "Thank you for the invitation, but I am not interested in sharing the night. I prefer to keep my personal and professional lives separate." It's important to be firm and direct in your response.

3. What if I am interested in sharing the night, but not with a specific coworker?

In this situation, it's important to communicate your boundaries and preferences. You can say something like, "I appreciate the invitation, but I am not comfortable sharing the night with a coworker. I would prefer to share the night with friends or family outside of work."

4. Is it appropriate to share the night with a coworker outside of work?

This is a personal decision and depends on your comfort level and the nature of your relationship with your coworker. However, it's important to consider the potential impact on your professional relationship and boundaries should always be respected.

5. How do I handle a coworker's request if I am in a committed relationship?

If you are in a committed relationship, it's important to communicate this to your coworker and make it clear that you are not interested in sharing the night. You can say something like, "I appreciate the offer, but I am in a committed relationship and not interested in sharing the night with anyone else."

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nancycookspc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefWhit84
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Cathy pclady
  • abell