• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Did My Commission Get Cut on a $700 Show?

In summary, the host mentioned that their commission rate is lower than other DS companies, and they are now thinking about starting their own business.
redsoxgirl
I know people have mentioned it before, but this was my first time so I wanted to complain! ;)

I mentioned last week how I had a $700+ show. Well, that's true, but my commission was on $505 or something because the past host ordered the 7-piece Executive set at 60% off.

I'm really happy that she (and the current host) got those, but it cut my commission a ton!

Oh well. Part of the job I suppose.

I know! I had one host order over $1400.00 worth of products retail a few months ago. She got it all for $700.00 and I got commission on about $200.00 of it! Totally sucks! She ordered all cookware sets and knives.

I get bummed sometimes about that too. Maybe it will make you feel better if you think of it this way...you might not have even gotten the show if it weren't for the cookware special. No show = $0 commission.

it is a bummer but i agree. commission on $200 is better than commission on $0. :D

thats why i focus on commissionable sales, instead of total sales. out of sight, out of mind.

hope that helps :)

This was a big problem last year when cookware went on sale.
Sorry to hear this guys.

Remember too that you now have a happy customer. She may be back for more and she may give you referrals. Looking at the big picture makes it easier.

Also, the monthly specials are enticements for people to host and those that book FOR the special are bringing you business and contacts you wouldn't have otherwise had.

I don't care so much about the comission, but they could at the least give us the points for it - even if is the 50% off point amount. I think you did a good job at the show to get them to a level they could take advantage of the half-off items, you should get rewarded for it in some fashion. Besides, who couldn't use more points towards the trips.

I agree that it is a bummer!! I think we should at least earn half commission or some % of commission b/c without us the sale would not have been made.

And I realize that we work for a great company and the specials are to get bookins and all that stuff, but it is still discouraging when this happens b/c without us doing our job the stuff would not have sold in the first place. And I think if we earned something for the half price items and specials we would push them more too. I have some host who do not use them and I do point them out to them, but I have had some comment that they do not think it is fair that I do not make anything off them since I am doing the show.

Look at it this way--at least you aren't paying for host specials out of your own pocket. That's what consultants with a lot of DS companies have to do.

raebates said:
Look at it this way--at least you aren't paying for host specials out of your own pocket. That's what consultants with a lot of DS companies have to do.

This is so true! I have a friend who just got out of Lia Sophia and she told me she didn't make any money after having to shell out for the host special and all the other little things...oh, she also said she has to pay $6 to submit her orders! :yuck:

A lot of other DS consultants have to pay a premium for each customer who uses a credit card, too. PC rocks!

raebates said:

I was talking to my host from Monday about this same issue. She indicated that our commission rate was low compared to another DS company. I explained, that PC doesn't make us pay for the host specials, if an item get's returned, it is not taken out of our commission, etc.

She is now thinking real seriously about starting her PC biz. Her DH was the one who told her she would be good at it and started asking me the questions.

pamperedpals said:
I was talking to my host from Monday about this same issue. She indicated that our commission rate was low compared to another DS company. I explained, that PC doesn't make us pay for the host specials, if an item get's returned, it is not taken out of our commission, etc.

She is now thinking real seriously about starting her PC biz. Her DH was the one who told her she would be good at it and started asking me the questions.

dont lose hold of that one!
ofcourse - if you are too busy........im another consultant in the area ;):p

I thought we got commission on the actual selling price of host specials.... for example if a special was originally $100 at 60% off it would be $40 and we would get paid on that amount. Am I correct on this?

How does it work with the PHD?

Nope. We don't get commission on host bonuses, half-price items or booking bonus purchases. We DO get commission on the discounted price of other items on the host order, as well as discounted items purchased with a PHD.It's on page 7 of the policies.

raebates said:
A lot of other DS consultants have to pay a premium for each customer who uses a credit card, too.

PC rocks!

Yep! I agree! :D

It really doesn't bother me that I don't get commission on host specials. I figure I get a lot from PC to begin with and it's an awesome booking tool. Because, after all, it's all about the host and customers! Once you get in that mind set, you will reap the rewards in the end! :)

chefann said:
Nope. We don't get commission on host bonuses, half-price items or booking bonus purchases. We DO get commission on the discounted price of other items on the host order, as well as discounted items purchased with a PHD.

It's on page 7 of the policies.

Thanks for clearing that up Ann! :)

redsoxgirl said:
I know people have mentioned it before, but this was my first time so I wanted to complain! ;)

I mentioned last week how I had a $700+ show. Well, that's true, but my commission was on $505 or something because the past host ordered the 7-piece Executive set at 60% off.

I'm really happy that she (and the current host) got those, but it cut my commission a ton!

Oh well. Part of the job I suppose.

I KNOW!! It;s my first time, too... I had an 800+ show last week.. but the host and the past host both ordered the 7 piece exec. cookware set.. so it cut my commish back $300.. HOW AGGRAVATING!!!

but I do love The Pampered Chef!!!

Make sure you do your followup phone calls with them. Then at future shows, put them in the spotlight. "I could tell you all about how great our cookware is, but Jenny just got it last month and I want you to hear what she thinks!" Others will buy cookware fullprice or book for the discount because they realize we offer a product that is superior to what they have at home.

Not necessarily great for a recruiting tool, but you have to be amazed when you have a host who saves more money than you make on a show! Feel good that you made such a positive impact in her kitchen AND made money, had fun, got to meet new people, etc with her show.

1. How can I prevent food from sticking to my pan while cooking?

One way to prevent food from sticking to your pan is to make sure it is properly preheated before adding food. Another tip is to use a non-stick cooking spray or oil to coat the pan before cooking. You can also try using parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to line the pan.

2. What should I do if my baked goods are coming out too dry?

If your baked goods are coming out too dry, it could be because you are overbaking them. Make sure to check them a few minutes before the recommended cook time and adjust accordingly. You can also try adding a little more moisture to the recipe, such as applesauce or yogurt.

3. How can I get rid of stubborn food stains on my bakeware?

For stubborn food stains on your bakeware, try soaking it in a mixture of warm water and baking soda for a few hours before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge. Another option is to use a paste of baking soda and water and let it sit on the stain before scrubbing.

4. What is the best way to sharpen dull knives?

The best way to sharpen dull knives is by using a honing steel. Hold the knife at a 20-degree angle and run the blade along the steel in a sweeping motion, repeating on both sides. You can also use a knife sharpener or take your knives to a professional for sharpening.

5. How do I know when my meat is cooked to the proper temperature?

The best way to know when your meat is cooked to the proper temperature is by using a meat thermometer. Ground beef and pork should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit, while poultry should be cooked to 165 degrees Fahrenheit. For steaks and roasts, the recommended temperature is 145 degrees Fahrenheit for medium-rare and 160 degrees Fahrenheit for medium.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mandy412
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MLinAZ
  • Teresa Lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • babywings76