• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamline Your Tax Process with Turbo Tax - Say Goodbye to Tax Stress!

I pay about $80 for an accountant to prepare, file and send mine in. I get my taxes done in about an hour and a half.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
...don't mind me, just had to get that out of my system...

2 1/2 hours of my life gone today and I'm only about 1/2 done!
I can only imagine the time if I didn't use Turbo Tax!

:yuck::cry:

I wish I had everything I needed in order to do ours! I'm still waiting on a couple of W-2's and a couple of 1099's. :(
I want to get them DONE!

I still need one W-2 and our 1099 from PC. I am normally one of the people who wait until April to send them in, but it looks as if my friend is moving her wedding from November to April, so I need that money for traveling to Florida. I'm going to get on the ball asap!

I am still waiting on one 1099 and a couple of little things, but I can get 90% in.My statement from PC came today.

I don't hate Taxes, and I even kinda like Dallas. I just don't like the Cowboys.

HAHAHAHA!! Kitchen Guy, you are cracking me up! :) :D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I don't hate Taxes, and I even kinda like Dallas. I just don't like the Cowboys.

Now, now, don't lie to us KG, it's all about the cheerleaders for you. ;)

Nah, even Tony Romo is an ex-patriot Cheesehead.

It's well worth it for me to pay someone to do mine!

wadesgirl said:
It's well worth it for me to pay someone to do mine!

I am sooo with you. I don't want to waste my time and get it wrong.

Plus, for 2008 we have to file in Arizona, Indiana, and North Dakota for state taxes. Of course federal taxes too. Then we have to file for my husbands moth-balled business, but only in Arizona and for me and PC in Indiana and Arizona. I am going to pay someone to deal with all that, and smile while I write the check out to them.

I LOVE my tax man!! I wouldn't go without him!! He is cheap, good and gets us lots of money, great qualities in a tax man. Good luck!

Does anyone else sense an undercurrent in this thread that perhaps it is finally time that the tax code be rewritten?Like that would every happen.

I am terrible about entering my receipts in P3 every month. So yesterday I spent over 5 hours getting everything prepared and entering my receipts. I still am waiting on my 1099 from PC and the one from my other DS company so I can't really do anything yet. But I am going to call my accountant and get my appointment set up right away. I should have already gotten it set up but I didn't.
I am so thankful for my accountant. After the time I spent to get my receipts together, I love being able to have someone else do my taxes in less than an hour.

Would any of you mind sharing approximately how much you pay to have yours prepared? And do you use a CPA or a service like Jackson Hewitt etc?

NooraK said:
Would any of you mind sharing approximately how much you pay to have yours prepared? And do you use a CPA or a service like Jackson Hewitt etc?

I used to go to H&R Block, but they are so expensive. Now we use a certified tax consultant to do ours and pay him $50. That is for our personal taxes and my PC taxes together. Compared to H&R Block, that's a steal!! Not to mention he gets us so much more and we can still e-file and do direct deposit!! You really have to be careful that you get someone who is a legitimate tax consultant. My best friend and her family had been using this man for years, so I trusted him. He now does ours and my sister's!!

I have a friend who works at H&R and I was shocked at how much they charge! She said it was because if they made a mistake they would pay for it. However, a CPA is bonded for the same reason.

I have a CPA who charges $95 for everything.

I REALLY need to look up all my recipts!

Don't forgot to claim those tax preparation fees from last year on this year's taxes.

janetupnorth said:
...don't mind me, just had to get that out of my system...

2 1/2 hours of my life gone today and I'm only about 1/2 done!
I can only imagine the time if I didn't use Turbo Tax!

:yuck::cry:

I'm at the same point. Waiting on my 1099 but since Deb in IL just got her's I won't be getting it til Thursday in CA! lol But I have 3hrs more of entering receipts (that I thought i had done) then can get on with it.

I pay about $80 for an accountant to prepare, file and send mine in. I get direct deposit as well. I prepare my receipts and get everything together and then go to see him with my P3 income and expense report and my tax documents and then I just sit there and wait. Once I am the one in front of him it takes less than 45 minutes and it is all done. He electronically files my federal and state and then gives me a printout and envelope to mail in my local. Then I am done for the year.
I have sent others to him as well. I have a friend that on her 2007 taxes she was going to get $330 back and H&R block charged her $300 to get her taxes done. So she got nothing.
I would do something like Turbo Tax but I would be such a nervous wreck that I would mess things up that I would end up messing things up.

pampered.chris said:
I have a friend that on her 2007 taxes she was going to get $330 back and H&R block charged her $300 to get her taxes done. So she got nothing.

Remember that $330 was hers in the first place, being held hostage by the IRS with no interest.

I was starting to think we were being taken to the cleaners. Our guy charges us $200. But then I remembered he files state taxes for us a total of 6 times and with the fed's 3 times. So maybe it's OK. We also always get a 4 figure return.

If you're getting a 4 figure refund, your guy is not doing a very good job for you. He might be getting you that big of a refund, but it also means he's not giving you very good advice. You're having waaaaaay too much withheld.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
If you're getting a 4 figure refund, your guy is not doing a very good job for you. He might be getting you that big of a refund, but it also means he's not giving you very good advice. You're having waaaaaay too much withheld.

We do that on purpose, much to my husband frustration, because we always seem to need it this time of year. (And I can't get the butthead to save for the slow season any other way)

We are paying a consultant this yr and we will be paying between 200-250 i know it is expensive but anywhere near us is pretty expensive. For me this yr it is a piece of mind since we refinanced our home and I do PC

1. How does Turbo Tax help streamline the tax process?

Turbo Tax simplifies the tax filing process by guiding you step-by-step through your tax return. It also automatically calculates your taxes and checks for any potential errors or deductions you may have missed.

2. Is Turbo Tax easy to use for someone who is not tech-savvy?

Yes, Turbo Tax is designed to be user-friendly and easy to navigate. It provides clear instructions and explanations for each step of the tax filing process, making it suitable for people of all technical abilities.

3. Can I file both federal and state taxes using Turbo Tax?

Yes, Turbo Tax offers the option to file both federal and state taxes. It has all the necessary forms and calculations for all 50 states, making it a convenient one-stop solution for all your tax filing needs.

4. Is my personal information safe when using Turbo Tax?

Yes, Turbo Tax is committed to protecting your personal information. It uses encryption technology to secure your data and regularly updates its security measures to ensure the safety of your information.

5. Can I get help if I have questions while using Turbo Tax?

Yes, Turbo Tax offers various resources for assistance, including live chat, phone support, and an extensive knowledge base. You can also opt for Turbo Tax Live, which provides one-on-one help from a tax expert for an additional fee.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracy99
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • esavvymom