• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Vent Alert! An Unexpected Theft at My Show

That sounds like a really shady situation. I would definitely report it to the host and ask them to keep an eye out for them.
I had two shows yesterday, one at 2pm and one at 6:30pm. When I got to the second one the girl was pulling out the ingredients and mentioned "I hope you have a can opener because mine is terrible" I responded with "yes I brought mine and it is part of the special this month" To make a long story short my can opener and RUFTH trivet were no where to be found and I had them at the first show! I got a sick feeling in my stomach because at the first show there was a group of 3 women (one of them being the hosts mother in law) who were loud, obnoxious, and talked over me the entire time. ( I have had this happen at my last 3 shows and it is getting old) Anyway one of them specifically asked to see both the trivet and the can opener ( I had already put the can opener in the sink to wash up and had to dig it back out for her) I did call the host to see if I left them there but they weren't anywhere in her house, which I already knew because I had wiped the counters down after washing my dishes while I checked for any products I left behind. I can't believe one of these women stole these two thing!!!!!:mad::mad::mad: They all ordered little tiny orders. UGGHH I am so mad I can't stop thinking out it. I have been working every single night for almost 2 months and I am tired and missing spending time with my kids because my husband still doesn't have a job and now I have to replace these two things with my own money:yuck: I am glad they weren't more expensive but still!! This has only happened to me one other time, someone stole one of my oil bottles from my hostess appreciation (in September) which about made me cry because it was one from my personal set and I gave away about $500 in free products to 8 people that night and someone (all of whom should be people I know and trust) stole one. What is the world coming too? Thanks for letting me vent :) off to nurse my wounds.

Awe, I'm so sorry girl! BIG (((hugs))) to you! I'd definitely tell the host that those 2 items came up missing. Maybe she'll know someone who has a history of stealing & can get them back for you. Or at least notice when she sees the items at one of her guest's homes.

Just so the host doesn't feel that you're accusing her... So sorry that happened. I've lost a few small things here and there. Worse was a fair. Several cookbooks walked away. Maybe they thought they were free? Really? Whatever, I now keep a better eye on such things.

That is just the straw breaking the camel's back, isn't it? Sorry!!!!

Maybe you could call the host and say something like "maybe someone accidentally picked them up when they picked up their purse and other things. Has anyone said anything about going home with them?" Yeah, they probably took them on purpose. I can see walking off with my pen by accident, but not 2 relatively heavy products.

I've had a few things disappear before and it totally miffed me off. I personally felt they walked away at a particular show as well but no one would fess up to it. Frustrating b/c they think we get everything free and don't realize that cost us $.

Hugs---Sometimes when I pass things around I joke about a guest who once said she'd just place things in her pocket while they were going around and I teased her there would be a pocket check at the end of the show. They always laugh, but gets the point across.

Sometimes too when we show the free gift, they think they get that free gift the night of the party. Maybe that was the case, of coarse that doesn't account for the trivet. :(

My sister's s-i-l stole some products from me... about 5 of them. When I called her to see if she had them, she said she did have them but didn't think it matter because I had announced that I received products FREE from PC for being a consultant. :mad:

finley1991 said:
My sister's s-i-l stole some products from me... about 5 of them. When I called her to see if she had them, she said she did have them but didn't think it matter because I had announced that I received products FREE from PC for being a consultant. :mad:

And so that gave her the right to take them. smh

finley1991 said:

Yea, YOU get them free not her! WTH?!

At my party on Saturday a guest walked off with my dessert cookbook. I think she thought she got her free book that night. The host is checking with her.

Maybe when you say you get things for free, they assume unlimited amounts of stuff? Like you can get anything you want at any time for free? Maybe changing the wording will help? Clarifying that we EARN 1 set of the new products each season depending on their sales might be what they need. I agree taking them is wrong, but some people really do have that "you have it you should share" mentality. If they think you can get what you want anytime you want for free, then they can more easily justify that it's okay to take what they want from you. Stupid logic, but thieves never really use logic anyway, do they? LOLAnd on the free cookbook/spice month, I always explain that these are my cookbooks/spices that you can look at/smell to decide which one you want, but your free one will come in the box with your products ... so far, I haven't had any of them taken.I've had a pair of bamboo tongs grow legs. Seems like there was something else too, but I'm drawing a blank now on what it was. LOL

Thanks for the support! There is no way they thought it was the free gift, they spent about $10-$15 a piece so they weren't even close to getting the can opener. Any other time I "lost" something, I could never pin point it to a specific show, but since I had it at 2 pm and not at 6 pm I know it was taken from the first show. I did call the first host while I was at the second show to see if they were there, so she knows they are missing from my kit. There is not really anything else I can do. Plus there is no way you accidentally steal the trivet, that thing is heavy!

flemings99 said:
Sometimes too when we show the free gift, they think they get that free gift the night of the party. Maybe that was the case, of coarse that doesn't account for the trivet. :(

I've had that happen.

I'd just pray for them -- after I curse them out, of course ;-)....and try not to leave anything next time.Hope they didn't give you any checks-- bouncy bouncy....

I came home without a can opener Saturday too. It's hard when others want to "help" clean up and you can't keep an eye on everything,

jwpamp said:
Hope they didn't give you any checks-- bouncy bouncy....
That was the next thing that crossed my mind, I think I am going to ask my bank to check them before I cash them. They offered if I was ever worried about a check, but I never thought I would have to take them up on it.

sorry! I know the feeling... you know where you had it last so you know where it went missing. I don't see how people can be 5 feet from you as you explain that this is your job and your family needs to money and then they steal from you!! Makes me sick! I would call each of those guests personally and ask if perhaps they "found" your products when they got home because you know they went missing at the show

cincychef said:
That was the next thing that crossed my mind, I think I am going to ask my bank to check them before I cash them. They offered if I was ever worried about a check, but I never thought I would have to take them up on it.

If it wouldn't be too much of a hassle, I would also have the products shipped to you and deliver them after the checks have a chance to clear!

1. What is "Vent Alert! An Unexpected Theft at My Show"?

"Vent Alert! An Unexpected Theft at My Show" is a fictional mystery novel written by author Jane Smith. It follows the story of a renowned ventriloquist who discovers that one of her valuable props has been stolen during a performance.

2. Who is the main character in the book?

The main character in "Vent Alert! An Unexpected Theft at My Show" is Victoria, a successful ventriloquist who is known for her unique and hilarious performances.

3. What genre does "Vent Alert! An Unexpected Theft at My Show" fall under?

"Vent Alert! An Unexpected Theft at My Show" falls under the mystery genre, as it involves a crime that needs to be solved.

4. Is this book suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Vent Alert! An Unexpected Theft at My Show" is appropriate for readers of all ages. While it is a mystery novel, it does not contain any graphic or mature content.

5. Are there any sequels to "Vent Alert! An Unexpected Theft at My Show"?

Currently, there are no sequels to "Vent Alert! An Unexpected Theft at My Show". However, the author has hinted at a possible continuation of the story in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBevShu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • PCJenni