• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boosting My Business: Success at Women's Night Out Event

In summary, the local hospital sponsored a Women's Night Out and I was one of the vendors. I made truffles and fruit dip. People paid $5 in advance or $6 at the door and got to go thru all the booths. I got 33 names put into the pot and 4 of them marked more information on becoming a consultant. I am not sure yet if I am going to draw a couple of names or try them all to give away a free show. I am pretty broke right now so if I do a bunch it will have to be something cheap and easy.
jdavis
I had a table at a "Women's Night Out" thing sponsored by the local hospital, I think this is the most positive thing that I have done so far, and not to mention the cheapest since it was free and all I had to pay for was the food that I wanted people to try, I made 2 batches of the truffles and 2 batches of the very yummy low fat fruit dip in the desserts cookbook. People paid $5 in advance to get in or $6 at the door and they got to go thru all the booths and get soup, sandwich, fruit, cake, and water (and whatever they sampled at each individual booth if there was something to sample, I hear there was a chocolate fountain :( and I didn't get to go check it out).
Anyway I got 33 names put into the pot and 4 of them marked more information on becoming a consultant, hopefully they didn't just mark to be marking like the last one did. I am not sure yet if I am going to draw a couple of names or try them all to 'give away a free show'. I am pretty broke right now with my summer months being null and the gas prices skyrocketing so if I do a bunch it will have to be something cheap and easy, lol. hmmm, i'm thinking micro cake in fluted pan and maybe some other finger food, not sure yet.
I am excited to get that many leads, and I also took a few orders and had quite a few people who didn't want to book a show or sign up but wanted to order and took my card and said they were going to call very soon. I really have to start making the phone my friend now since I am not much of an extrovert except around people I know pretty well, how did I ever talk myself into this business, lol.
Just had to express my excitement, now I am very tired, have been up since 3:30 had to go to work then hurry home and shower and pack everything in and out and in and out :rolleyes:

Congrats on a great day!!! thats a lot of names to get out! If money was tight for me I would either do like you said and do one recipe or a couple dips and leave it at that or call the ones that marked yes or maybe on the slips for some info. you never know...they might want to book later in the year!! congrats again on a success!!

Good for you! That's so exciting!

Can I get the recipe for the fruit dip? I think I'd like to try it at my show.

TIA

MichelleT said:
Can I get the recipe for the fruit dip? I think I'd like to try it at my show.

TIA
Here it is, it's out of the Delightful Desserts Cookbook pg 112 called 'Summer Fruit Sampler'

1 Orange
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/4 cup light sugar free strawberry preserves
1 1/2 cups thawed, frozen light whipped topping

Zest orange, I would recommend the new microplaner, which I don't have yet, to measure 2 teaspoons. Combine Sour Cream, Preserves, and Zest. Fold in Whipped Topping until combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

hmmm, my guess of the products you could showcase would be the microplaner ($26.50), small mis n scraper ($11), small batter bowl ($10), adjustable measuring spoon ($7), adjustable measuring cup ($9), measure-all cup ($9) = $72.50 just for the dip.

for the fruit:
strawberries- cook's corer ($4) or egg slicer ($10.25)
kiwi- cut ends off with the utility knife ($18.75) and peel with a spoon, then use the egg slicer or crinkle cutter ($9.75)
peaches or nectarines- utility knife
bananas- crinkle cutter or egg slicer
melons- utility knife, coook's corer, crinkle cutter, or small scoop ($9.25)
apples or pears- apple wedger ($11.50)
large grooved cutting board ($25)
= $88.50

serving you could either use the chillzanne rectangular server ($30) or some of the simple additions pieces which would amount to even more depending on how long it is going to sit out, I used the sa's and chillzanne mini bowl.

1. How can I attract more attendees to my Women's Night Out event?

The best way to attract more attendees to your event is to promote it through various channels, such as social media, email marketing, and word of mouth. You can also offer incentives, such as discounts or special offers, to encourage people to attend.

2. What types of products should I showcase at my Women's Night Out event?

It's important to have a variety of products on display at your event to appeal to a wide range of attendees. Consider featuring some of our top-selling products, as well as new and seasonal items. You can also tailor your product selection to the theme of your event, if you have one.

3. How can I make my Women's Night Out event stand out from others?

To make your event stand out, consider offering unique or interactive experiences for attendees. You can also collaborate with other local businesses or organizations to add more value and variety to your event. Additionally, make sure to create a welcoming and enjoyable atmosphere for your guests.

4. What should I include in my event agenda?

Your event agenda should include a mix of product demonstrations, interactive activities, and time for attendees to browse and shop. You can also include some educational or informational sessions about our products and business opportunity. Don't forget to leave some time for networking and socializing as well.

5. How can I ensure my Women's Night Out event is a success for my business?

To ensure your event is a success for your business, make sure to set specific goals and objectives beforehand and track your progress throughout the event. Also, make sure to follow up with attendees after the event to thank them for coming and see if they have any further interest in your products or business. Lastly, don't forget to have fun and enjoy the experience!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
Replies
Views
safariphoto
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg