• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Had a Surprise Visit From My Baby Boy!

In summary, Rae's son stopped by their house to visit and she was not properly dressed. She quickly went into another room and watched through a window as her son ran down the driveway. They will be back for dinner and then head out on a road trip. She is looking forward to their return to Dallas and plans to be dressed when they come back.
raebates
Staff member
I'm suffering from either allergies or the beginning of a cold. After doing a few things this morning I took some meds and dozed. Needless to say, I didn't bother to get dressed. Once I was fully awake, I puttered around the house a bit, still not dressed.

I was reading when I saw someone drive up our drive. Not being properly dressed, I quickly locked the door and went into another room so whoever it was couldn't see me through the door. I was looking out another window when I saw our son jog down the driveway!

He lives in Dallas, TX. He and a friend are on a road trip. They stopped in last night to see a friend's Biblical reenactment. They got here (north-central Indiana) about 2 p.m. They spent a little over an hour, then left. They'll be back for dinner at 7, then head out to spend the night with friends.

They may come back for breakfast. (I'm planning bacon and guava turnovers.) Then they'll head to Chicago, followed by Wisconsin. His friend has family there. Ohio comes next, then Louisiana. The plan to be back in Dallas late Monday evening.

I remember being that young once. LOL!

BTW, I'll be dressed when they come back for dinner. :blushing:

How fun Rae! Enjoy your visit:)

How exciting, Rae! Enjoy the day!

P.S. I had a friend who went to the same school in Dallas as your son! She graduated 2-3 years ago.

How exciting! That is a lot of traveling in a few days!

Wow, that's great!

Back in Dallas Monday, are they CRAZY!!!

Mostly they're just young. ;)

WOW! Hope they have fun....

Enjoy the time spent with your son! BTW, bacon & guava turnovers? Tell me about them. They sound delish! (Love bacon!)

It is always great when your child surprises you with a visit!

akrebecca said:
Enjoy the time spent with your son! BTW, bacon & guava turnovers? Tell me about them. They sound delish! (Love bacon!)

Bacon was separate from the turnovers. ;)

Guava turnovers are easy. No real measuring necessary. You'll need:

Puff Pastry, thawed
Cream Cheese (brick cut into 1/8" to 1/4" slices, but a smear of soft would work, too)
Guava paste (cut into 1/8" to 1/4" slices)
Egg (beaten with a bit of water)
Powdered Sugar
Milk

Preheat oven to 350F. Cut each sheet of puff pastry into quarters. Lay a slice of cream cheese and a slice of guava paste in the middle of each pastry square. Fold the pastry over into a triangle and press the edges of the pastry together. Brush each with egg wash. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Make a thin glaze using powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle glaze over warm turnovers. Serve warm (especially good with bacon :p).

If you prefer, you can beat the cream cheese and guava paste together, the place in the pastry using the Medium Scoop.

This recipe can be adapted to just about any filling. I've used cherry pie filling with chocolate chips, chocolate and cream cheese, and several others.

Hey Rae,
That guava turnover is what us Cubans call a "pastellito de guava con queso" or guava cream cheese pastry. We normally don't add the powdered sugar but I'm willing to try it!
Have you been down so South Florida lately? We have Cuban bakeries filled with these type of pastries. You can also make with coconut, orange or vanilla custard. Yummy, just talking about it makes me crave a hot pastry right now!

Thanks for sharing and hope you had a great time visiting with your son!
Cary

That's interesting, Cary. The powdered sugar is just for the glaze. I'll have to try the fillings you mentioned. Mmmm, I'm thinking of one filled with lemon curd. Now, that would be tasty. I don't make it to South Florida. Heat, humidity, and I do not get along well. ;)And, yes, we had a great visit with our son. He's a great young man.

What a nice surprise to have your son stop by. It always warms my heart when my sons stop in.

1. How did you react when your baby boy surprised you?

When my baby boy surprised me, I was overwhelmed with joy and emotions. I couldn't believe he was here and in my arms after spending so much time apart.

2. How did you prepare for your baby boy's surprise visit?

I had everything ready for my baby boy's surprise visit - his crib was set up, his clothes and toys were washed and organized, and I had stocked up on all his favorite snacks and treats. I wanted to make sure he felt right at home.

3. Did you have any special activities planned for your baby boy's visit?

Yes, I had a whole list of fun activities planned for my baby boy's visit. We went to the park, played games, watched movies, and even baked some cookies together. It was a special bonding time for us.

4. How did you balance work and spending time with your baby boy during his surprise visit?

It was definitely a challenge balancing work and spending time with my baby boy during his surprise visit. I made sure to prioritize my time and delegate tasks at work so I could maximize the time I had with him. It was worth it in the end.

5. Do you have any tips for others who may have a surprise visit from their baby?

My biggest tip would be to enjoy every moment and make the most out of the time you have together. Be flexible and understanding, and don't stress too much about having everything perfect - your baby just wants to spend time with you!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedcheermom
  • mrssyvo