• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Review: $8 Cake Mixes - Worth the Hype?

I have not tried them yet but I can not imagine what can possibly make this taste like it is worth $8, for one 9 in one layer cake.I am waiting to cook this cake until something special comes up.Just curious about how every one feels.I got mine today, too......and I have to admit that I was also a little disappointed to see that they only make a one layer cake.I am looking forward to someone reporting how it tastes!I agree.
bejams
I have not tried them yet but I can not imagine what can possibly make this taste like it is worth $8, for one 9 in one layer cake. I am waiting to cook this cake until something special comes up.
Just curious about how every one feels.

I got mine today, too......and I have to admit that I was also a little disappointed to see that they only make a one layer cake.

I am looking forward to someone reporting how it tastes!

I agree. I am not even going try them. I am gonna use as giveaways. I will be very surprised if I sell any at all.

Me too...I was pretty surprised to see what had to be added. The calories and fat are very high! Plus, that's for a 1/15th sized piece. :eek: I don't know about you all but I've never cut a 9" cake into 15 pieces.

I received mine yesterday. I saw them at conference and have already decided that they won't sell well in my area. Yes, its true that if you eat in out you are going to pay 2-5 dollars for a slice of cake, but you didn't have to cook it yourself. Maybe it will sell better in larger areas, but around here everyone wants a bargain. Betty Crocker is top of the line and people would rather pay 1.29 for a mix and make their own frosting. I made the Key Lime Mousse Cake for a show on Saturday and it didn't cost near what the cake mix costs and it is to die for.

shawnna

I made the lemon oneand I can tell you it is very very good. It does not taste like anything from a box, very lemony and it doesn't have that "fake" lemon taste, and it does make a pretty cake if it is only one layer. I didnt add the lemon rind like the recipe calls for in the glaze. I think if I was making it at a show or to serve company, I'd probably grate some on top. I ate a little 1" piece, hubby at a much bigger slice. You would pay more at a bakery but still for $8, I doubt if I sell any and I am not going to push them unless a guest expresses interest. Just wanted ya'll to know that it is yummy!

Compare the price to William SonomaAnd the cake is less than 1/2 the price.

We tasted this at a recent cluster meeting. It was good, although I would much rather have another type of dessert.

The slices are so small due to how much fat is in the cake!

I have never heard of William Sanoma. I compared the price to HomeMade Gourmet and it is about 3 bucks higher. People who think a higher price makes a better product will purchase these, but I don't expect them to be around this spring. But, who knows, you never can tell what people will grab up.

Shawnna

Remember we can buy these mixes on our supply order about $5.50??. It may be a nice thing to make for host at shows. I am making the lemon one for a Saturday show. I am saving the choclate one for my birthday at end of month.
Charlene

What flavors of cake mixes are available?

The Pampered Chef offers a variety of cake mix flavors including chocolate, vanilla, lemon, carrot cake, and red velvet.

How do I use the cake mixes?

Using our cake mixes is simple. Just follow the instructions on the package and add the necessary ingredients such as eggs, oil, and water.

Are the cake mixes gluten-free?

Unfortunately, our cake mixes are not gluten-free. They contain wheat and may also contain traces of other allergens such as milk, soy, and tree nuts.

Can the cake mixes be used for other desserts?

While our cake mixes are specifically designed for making cakes, they can also be used to make other desserts such as cupcakes, cake pops, and even cookies.

How long do the cake mixes last?

The shelf life of our cake mixes varies depending on the flavor, but on average they can last for up to one year if stored in a cool, dry place. Be sure to check the expiration date on the package before use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cooking_Mama
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Ann F
  • Happy Mom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
RitaKey
  • legacypc46