• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Joining the Pampered Chef Technical Committee: What Can I Expect?

P
Pampered Laura
I got invited to join The Pampered Chef Technical Committee!! :D :D :D
I am so excited! My Director & upline recommended me for the committee and the home office called and asked me if I'd like to accept!

It's a two year term, where members will get to participate in conference calls and emails, and "test" new products before they're released to consultants.
i.e. pampered partner plus, websites, etc. were all tested by this committee first.

So... if anyone has ideas that they'd like me to jot down to bring up to the committee once we're underway, please let me know! :D

Oh yeah: I am excited also because I will get an additional ribbon at conferences that say "Tech. Committee"! :eek: :p :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!! That's sooo cool. The AD that I do meetings with got to beta test P3 before it came out and I think that's SO valuable!! They listened to all of her suggestions and concerns. Good for you!!

Hey, quick question - did you read that we'd get a special "invitation" about TPC mid-June for conference? Have you seen anything? I want to see that it's all official!!:D

WTG, have fun with it!!

How exciting! Have fun!

Thanks guys! I'm super excited. I have a notebook already with ideas how to make our websites better & functions I'd like to see added to P3.

Becky, I havent heard anything about TPC. I was wondering that too! It's funny, when you achieve it you kind of wish there were balloons and confetti or something on the website saying "YAY YOU DID IT!!" to really make sure it's for real! :D

Pampered Laura said:
I got invited to join The Pampered Chef Technical Committee!! :D :D :D
I am so excited! My Director & upline recommended me for the committee and the home office called and asked me if I'd like to accept!

It's a two year term, where members will get to participate in conference calls and emails, and "test" new products before they're released to consultants.
i.e. pampered partner plus, websites, etc. were all tested by this committee first.

So... if anyone has ideas that they'd like me to jot down to bring up to the committee once we're underway, please let me know! :D

Oh yeah: I am excited also because I will get an additional ribbon at conferences that say "Tech. Committee"! :eek: :p :D

Oh, Oh - I have one (waving hand frantically)!!

Have PWS automatically import orders placed by guests into P3! That printing them out and then having to type it all is NUTS ... Maybe better yet, make P3 an integrated part of PWS --- yeah, I could get into that. Maybe let me enter my show orders into the shows on PWS and and and ... well, I'm betting you can take it from here! :D

Have fun

Kathy

Cool. Now we know that our fabulous ideas will make it to the committee.

You need to repeatedly say, "Let's check with my GREAT cheffer friends. They are such a wonderful wealth of knowledge. I don't know how I could run my business without their never-ending advice and support." Or at least something that conveys the same message!

BTW... congrats! I'm starting my list...

Sandy that sounds pretty cool!
I really look forward to hearing your ideas. I'm going to note all of them and bring them up when an opportunity arises during the course of the term. :)

Oh yes, you'll get TONS of ideas for this and that. But what's cool is a lot of times they actually listen!:)

I don't have a Palm Pilot anymore, but one of the things I think would be so cool is to have a way to synch P3 with a Palm Pilot so we can have ALL of those hosts' and customers' names with us at all times to make quick customer care calls and stuff like that. THEN what they can do is have an incentive where we can earn a free Palm Pilot or other PDA! That would be awesome!!!:D

How cool - I am so NOT a techy so I totally rely on people like you and the rest of the Tech committee to make systems that work for me :)

Now - the Product Development Committee...that'd be my cup 'o tea!!

I thought about that, too Carolyn! I'd love to be on that committee as well! :D It'd be hard not to spill the beans (if the committee gets to know what's coming out first) but I think I could manage it, for the privilege of being on the committee! :)

I have a request! A Mac version of P3. Please please please please! :)

Only one request, Ann? Boy you are easy...

Becky, I'm on board with the Palm Pilot idea. Let's expand it ... how about taking our show orders on it, then hot syncing it to the HO ...

Congrats Laura!

WOW - what an honor to be asked to be a part of something so cool!

katie0128 said:
Only one request, Ann? Boy you are easy...
I've heard that before. :)

I probably will think of other things, it's just that was the first thing I thought of. Heaven knows we get enough questions about Macs and P3 - there are more Mac using consultants now. I don't think it's unreasonable that someone who already owns a Mac and signs with PC should be able to use the software without having to buy a second computer or a second operating system.

chefann said:
I have a request! A Mac version of P3. Please please please please! :)

I second that!!!

pamperedbecky said:
I don't have a Palm Pilot anymore, but one of the things I think would be so cool is to have a way to synch P3 with a Palm Pilot so we can have ALL of those hosts' and customers' names with us at all times to make quick customer care calls and stuff like that. THEN what they can do is have an incentive where we can earn a free Palm Pilot or other PDA! That would be awesome!!!:D

Love the idea! I have a Palm Pilot....courtesy of PC!! They were an incentive a few years ago and I earned one with an attachable keyboard. Still use it and love it!

I'd love to see the items in the paperwork/supply order section of P3 be sectioned out...
I can't stand sifting throw all that to find what I'm looking for...and the categories say "N/A" Oh come on!!
Categories could be...
paperwork
pantry
audio
video
door prizes
spanish
host
recruiting
etc...

OH...my husband has worked on getting the old PP into a Palm program for me...he never quite finished it...but he is more than capable of doing it...we email home office about it...and they didn't sound interested...but probably they already had it in the works...so we'll have to wait and see... for those of us who don't yet have laptops...how great it would be !!!

Congrats on the position!!
You are in my cluster!! I'm so proud!

Last edited:
I would just like to know how powerful my computer needs to be in order to run PP3 efficiently. Whenever I use PP3 it seems my computer slows down. And I'm really bugged to know you can't use PP3 on a Mac. I hate my non-mac computer and can't wait to make enough money to buy a Mac. But if PP3won't work on a Mac, I guess I can throw that idea out the window. I'd like to throw Windows out the window with my computer much of the time.
Sorry for being so negative and annoyed.
I'm thankful for having a laptop. There, now that's better. Breathe...

Congrats Laura....... if I can think of some useful ideas for you I will be sure to pass along.

Ann, Ann, Ann, Ann, Ann!Never let that saying go! Now everyone will think of you the wrong way! You should have at least mentioned that you aren't cheap! You may be easy, you just ain't cheap!

I'm with you though. I have been exploring MACs. I am so sick of Windows never working quite right. So... but when I realized that I could not do P3, I sort of dropped the idea. Only because my laptop is 6 years old and won't go to VISTA. (it won't matter, my laptop will die before they get all bugs out of VISTA anyway!) It only took two years to get Service Pack 2 for XP!

JAE said:
I would just like to know how powerful my computer needs to be in order to run PP3 efficiently. Whenever I use PP3 it seems my computer slows down. And I'm really bugged to know you can't use PP3 on a Mac. I hate my non-mac computer and can't wait to make enough money to buy a Mac. But if PP3won't work on a Mac, I guess I can throw that idea out the window. I'd like to throw Windows out the window with my computer much of the time.
Sorry for being so negative and annoyed.
I'm thankful for having a laptop. There, now that's better. Breathe...

Alot of people have had a problem with P3 slowing down their system.....I know you have to have a minimum of 512k to run it, but I'm thinking you need more than that to run it w/o slowing you down.
I'm waiting til all the kinks are out and they tell us we have to use it to switch.....I get what I need from PP........However, I am taking the P3 & PWS Workshop at NC!

John, you can still do P3 on a Mac, you just need to use a Windoze emulator like Boot Camp or Parallels. I LOOOOOOVE my Macs, and wouldn't give them up for the world. When my Toshiba laptop dies, I'm replacing it with a Macbook. And if there isn't a Mac verison of P3 at that time, I'll run an emulator.

I am so on board with the P3 for Mac!!! I have had to use an emulator for the entire 4 years I have been w/PC.

My other request should be a simple one - have a catalog fundraiser show option on the personal websites :)

Offering consultants PC email address..... I know other direct sales companies that offer than...such as if someone places and order through their website you receive and email from them but it has like [email protected] that would a really nice feature for us as consultants.

I would like for customers to be able to search for my contact info (using my first & last name) from the main PC website. I also would like for customers to be able to search by address, but that might eliminate the lead system, so I could see why they wouldn't do that.

ChefBeckyD said:
Alot of people have had a problem with P3 slowing down their system.....I know you have to have a minimum of 512k to run it, but I'm thinking you need more than that to run it w/o slowing you down.
I'm waiting til all the kinks are out and they tell us we have to use it to switch.....I get what I need from PP........However, I am taking the P3 & PWS Workshop at NC!

ditto everythign Becky said :)

mommyhugz1978 said:
Offering consultants PC email address..... I know other direct sales companies that offer than...such as if someone places and order through their website you receive and email from them but it has like [email protected] that would a really nice feature for us as consultants.

Ooooh - I like that idea except then I'd have to get new biz cards, stamper, car magnets etc LOL

dannyzmom said:
Ooooh - I like that idea except then I'd have to get new biz cards, stamper, car magnets etc LOL

LOL so would I... but...... don't' get me wrong I came up with my own email address [email protected] however, does it really sound professional ?? when you stop and think about it?? LOL

I would also like to be able to in put my zip code into the main website and find consultants in my local area.. yes it would eliminate the lead system.... but let me give you an example of my cluster okay....... My recruiter lives 2 hours away from me, and my director lives 3 hours away from me,so for me to attend cluster meetings I have to drive two hours... Now I personally don't' mind and I am trying to recruit however their might be people out their who would loose interest in the business if they heard that their recruiter or director lived that far away from them.... just my two cents worth.

I just thought of a few things for you to ad to your list Laura, the consultant side of the PC website is rather user friendly...however if your just browsing it is not very user friendly.... it would be cool to see more photos of what we do.. to attack people to the business or to host shows.

I would like to have the Calendar part of our PWS be able to be dated earlier than 'today's' date.

For instance,I have a show on June 24th. I can add anything before the 24th and not have to change the date. On June 26th I want to add some information for anyone looking at the show info (because I mentioned my website at the show:) ) but I then have to date the show for June 26th. I won't let me keep it past dated or even just verify that I would like to keep the date of the 24th.

Or does anyone know how to get around this. I guess I could make SURE that I have it all in there before hand, but I have thought about making a public Thank you for coming, we had a great time but then the date would be wrong if I didn't get to it on the day of the show.

mommyhugz1978 said:

dannyzmom said:

This is exactly why I don't put my e-mail on anything. Sometimes e-mails get changed and I don't want to go through changing all that.

Besides, if I just have my phone number and website, then I can direct more people to my website. I can change it there if I need to without any problems, except host who have the old e-mail.

Last edited:
Anyone know anyone on the product development committee? I have many many requests for the Deep Covered Baker in vanilla. I see their point. Someone pass this to PC HO.

Julie

chefjwr said:
Anyone know anyone on the product development committee? I have many many requests for the Deep Covered Baker in vanilla. I see their point. Someone pass this to PC HO.

Julie
Julie, there's an email address on Consultant's Corner for submitting product suggestions. I can't remember exactly where it is right now (I'm still waking up), but it is there.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ecou2018
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ecou2018
  • BAB@MistletoeFarm
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SweetMelissaV