• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making the Move to P3: My Journey from Dial-Up to High-Speed Internet

In summary, Rae successfully switched to P3 from PP and loves the program. She is excited to use it and learn more about it.
raebates
Staff member
That's right. Little ol' me, in the boonies with the dial-up. I switched.

First, a wonderful man I met at NC, Jonathan from the tech department, sent me a CD. It had the P3 program with all of the current updates. That way I didn't have my internet timing out while trying to get everything loaded.

I love it. I'm really glad I took the Making the Move to P3 workshop. It made me familiar with the program before I ever started it.

Yay!! Congratulations, Rae!! The P3 Experts are here when you need us, too!! :) You're going to love it!! :)

I already do. I was impressed with the stuff they showed me at NC. When Jonathan told me that he would send me the CD, I reached out, took his hand, and told him I loved him. I warned The Furry Guy when I got home that there was a new man in my life. He wasn't taking The Furry Guy's place, but I really do love him. ;)

I'm so glad they were able to help you feel comfortable with it at NC, Rae - that's awesome that he was so accommodating. Glad you love it! I can't even remember life with PP anymore :D

Y'all are making me think I should make the switch... It's on my to-do list, but then again so are a million other things so it keeps getting bumped for more important things (like a new Jon and Kate plus 8 episode :) )

congrats on switching Rae!! Glad to hear you are excited about it!!

Alison, the best way to do it, is to just do it, no looking back and if you have ANY questions, no matter how big or small, ask everyone here, someone is bound to have the answer!!

I have been trying to talk the rest of my cluster (including my director) into switching...but they are afraid they won't like it...I keep saying, you will have to sooner or later, why not now so you can get all of the questions out of the way before everyone HAS to switch and you can't ever get through to Tech Support!!

One of the things they talked about at NC was not trying to compare P3 with PP. It occurred to me that comparing the two is kind of like comparing your new love with an old love. They aren't the same. There are good things and frustrating things about each. So, once I had the whole "it times out before I can get it loaded" thing worked out, I knew I needed to move on.

That's a good comparison, Rae. They really are apples and oranges - totally different applications.

okay, okay... Cathy I like your point about being able to get help now before they are bombarded. I think I was kind of waiting until they had it for my Mac, so I could play around while watching TV. I guess I could still, it's just my Toshiba has horrible battery life. I, Alison, solemnly vow to switch to P3 before Sept 1st. Anyone else wanna take the plunge with me?

yeah Rae:) Have fun playing around & learning!

I am so happy and proud of you Rae!!! Glad you got the help you needed from tech support at NC. I am sure that made a big difference for you!!! You will really enjoy working with it. The more you use it the more comfortable you will be with it and it offers alot!!!!

Yeah Rae, you'll learn to love it and eventually the old will drift away... ;)

Rae... keep us updated! I said I would switch by Sept 1st, so I'd love to hear any aha! moments you get with it :)

Okay, got an issue for you P3 veterans. I can see the contact information for one person. How do I print that page? I'm sure it's easy, and I'm just missing it. Help!!!

raebates said:
Okay, got an issue for you P3 veterans. I can see the contact information for one person. How do I print that page? I'm sure it's easy, and I'm just missing it.

Help!!!

Actually it's not that easy unless I'm missing something too. P3 is database driven. You are entering information into fields. To get data out, you either view on screen or run a report.

I get contact information by running Reports - Contacts - Contact List and sort by name.

If someone has an easier way than me, please post. I usually don't print and have paper, I just view on-screen.

Okay, that explains things. I generally print off contacts for the day and take them with me. I suppose I could create a task for each one for the day, then print that list. I'll play with it.

You're going to love P3! :love:Have fun playing around. I totally forgot about the old PP!:D

Hey, I found it! If you choose:Reports
Contact
Contact FollowupYou can print the contact info for a single person. Woo hoo!

Wow, look at the pro Rae has become!!!!! She is now teaching us how to do things!!! Way to go Rae!!!!!!

I need to take the plunge too. Maybe this next week. I don't have another show till the 9th. I like the OLD pampered partner though.

Someone tell me again WHY P3 is better?

Ellen... I just switched 2 nights ago and so far I like it better. I like the task list up top (I'll enter everything I need to do for a show when I add the show) and I think I will really like being able to input my orders from PWS without typing them (I have a friend who just realized this after hand-typing 20+ orders from her PWS from a fundraiser :eek:!)

Christ Follower said:
I need to take the plunge too. Maybe this next week. I don't have another show till the 9th. I like the OLD pampered partner though.

Someone tell me again WHY P3 is better?

I can't even remember much about how PP was now that I have uses P3. I just think it is easier to enter shows overall to me.

Change is better sometimes even if we do not know why!

pamperedharriet said:
Wow, look at the pro Rae has become!!!!! She is now teaching us how to do things!!! Way to go Rae!!!!!!
Thanks, Harriet, but it's more like, "Look what one ignorant person can find when she's stumbling around new software." :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Now, now Rae, don't put yourself down. That is the way most of us learned our way around P3 and are still learning with all of the updates. It's nice that we can share with one another here! It is a great program and yes, you do get used to it.

Congratulations, Allison on taking the plunge!!! I just noticed your post!!!!!! I am so proud of you too!!!!!

Thanks for your concern, Harriet. Not to worry. I use the word "ignorant" because it really just means "someone with a lack of knowledge." That describes me perfectly.It's a lot different than dumb, stupid, or a lot of other adjectives. I'd much rather be ignorant. Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever. LOL!

What is "I Finally Made the Switch"?

"I Finally Made the Switch" is a program offered by Pampered Chef that helps individuals transition to a healthier lifestyle by making small changes in their cooking and eating habits.

How does "I Finally Made the Switch" work?

Our program provides step-by-step guidance on how to incorporate healthier ingredients and cooking methods into your daily routine. We also offer recipes and tips to make meal planning easier and more nutritious.

Is "I Finally Made the Switch" only for experienced cooks?

No, our program is designed for individuals of all cooking levels. Whether you are new to the kitchen or an experienced chef, our program can help you make healthier choices and improve your overall well-being.

Do I need to purchase special equipment to participate in "I Finally Made the Switch"?

No, you do not need to purchase any special equipment to participate in our program. However, we do offer a variety of kitchen tools that can make meal prep and cooking easier and more efficient.

Are there any dietary restrictions or requirements for "I Finally Made the Switch"?

No, our program is customizable to fit your specific dietary needs and preferences. We offer a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary requirements, such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• straitfan
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Dianneskitchen
  • Chefgirl2