• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Amazing Support from Friends: Evacuation to Texas & Pampered Chef Fundraiser

In summary, many friends have offered to help Sheila with her transition from Japan to Texas. She is grateful for the help and is hopeful that she can reach her goal of selling cooking shows.
Sheila
Gold Member
I've had new friends, old friends, mommy board friends and Pampered Chef friends coming out of the woodwork offering words of encouragement and willing to lend a helping hand since we evacuated Japan and arrived in Texas. It's so nice to see how many people are willing to help!

Since this is not looking like a very short stay, I'm working on getting my vacant house up & going so that me & children can stay there. I have friends and friends-of-friends loaning me couches, beds, a dining room set, dishes, towels, bedding, microwave ... the list goes on & on! A guy that I went to high school with but haven't seen since a 10 year reunion even donated a fridge that he was about to sell. Another guy that I've seen twice since High School (dated him in Jr High!) is loaning me a car so that I can have a way to get around while I'm trying to get the house up & going and while I'm trying to shop for something that can last me a few months during our stay in Texas. I've always known that my friends/family have good hearts and are always helpful, but it's just very humbling to see how many will go the extra step to try & make this crazy transition go as smoothly for me as possible.

Since me AND my hosts in Japan all evacuated, their shows have been put on hold until we can return to Japan and settle back in to our lives. That meant that I had ZERO shows on my April calendar!!! My sister has decided to host a Pampered Chef online show so that she can give me the host benefits allowing me to get a few things to use so I can do shows here in Texas since all my products are in Japan. She asked me what my goal was. I told her I needed $750 to keep the team overrides and $1,250 to protect my Home Office Leads. She's decided to shoot for the $1,250 goal! She e-mailed out 142 online invitations & then did a big post on FB explaining to everyone that this is a charity show, why she's doing it & where the host benefits are going. Within minutes, the orders started rolling in. One of her friends said she wants to spend $100-$150, but she wants my wish list so she can order the items I can use under my name & her just pay for it! :eek: I've never even met the woman! How freaking sweet is THAT??? Another one wants to host a catalog show to help too.

I feel so loved!!! And I might actually reach my $1,250 goal this month too! She even asked if she goes over, can she hold over some of the orders until May to help my May sales also. :love0010:

Sheila, what goes around comes around. You are so giving, it doesn't surprise me at all. When I was sick with cancer and chemo, people came out of the woodwork to help, my husband and kids were overwhelmed with the number of people who offered to cook, clean, shop, you name it. My kids were older and cooked, did housework,etc., and so did my husband, but I felt very clearly that the Lord told me to LET PEOPLE HELP, because He wanted to bless them for it. It was hard, I am a very self-sufficient person, but I listened, and I let them, and He did. It's your turn to receive. Enjoy.

At the age of 43, I'm not accustomed to needing help from others. ;) But it's nice that people are willing to loan stuff to help fill the house with the essentials so that I don't have to go out & buy stuff that we might only use 2-6 months. This whole "transition" and not knowing when or IF we'll ever go back to Japan is rough on the nerves. It's not cheap either! LOL Hopefully I'll be able to get a few Cooking Shows on the books and actually make some progress towards Irresistible Destinations while I'm here. ;)

Sheila you are such an inspiration!!

It is a hard thing to do & it's not easy being that person to let someone help....but let them b/c to some people this is just what they do :)
I'm sure in your life you've been that one to help people!

That is so awesome, Sheila. I'm so happy for you that you have such generous and supportive friends. Not like it's a huge surprise, because as stated above, what comes around goes around!! I'm glad you've got these extra things to help make your transition easier.

Sheila - this is awesome! I feel warm and fuzzy just reading this; it's nice to see and hear this happens. :) :) :)

I guess bliss can't last too long, huh? Here's the official word from the people who do the military paychecks that our military members might only get a 1/2 paycheck on the 15th. :(http://www.dfas.mil/Time to figure out how to start getting some Texas shows on my calendar so I can pick up the slack of the US Government! :(

Sheila, I have goose-bumps reading this!. You are a wonderful person and I am not surprised that your friends are helping you. What goes around comes around....and your wheel is just spinning girlfriend!

I know it's hard to have to lean on other people when you're used to having things under control...but these are extenuating circumstances...and unlike the rotten souls at Enterprise Car Rental:mad:, most people really want to help and it makes them feel like they are doing their very small part to support our Armed Services by helping YOU while your husband is away serving us!Like everyone has already said, You've blessed so many - and now it's your turn to be blessed! I'm so glad that so many are rallying around you and making sure that you and your little ones are safe, secure, and taken care of during this huge transition!

I picked up the car today from my friend from High School. He's so freaking sweet!

What is "I Feel so Blessed!"?

"I Feel so Blessed!" is a cookbook and meal planning guide created by Pampered Chef to help customers incorporate healthy and delicious meals into their busy lives.

What makes "I Feel so Blessed!" different from other cookbooks?

Unlike traditional cookbooks, "I Feel so Blessed!" focuses on using Pampered Chef products and techniques to make meal preparation easier and more efficient. It also includes meal planning tips and grocery lists to help streamline the cooking process.

Are there specific dietary restrictions catered to in "I Feel so Blessed!"?

Yes, "I Feel so Blessed!" includes recipes for various dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and dairy-free. It also offers substitution suggestions for common allergens.

Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to purchase "I Feel so Blessed!"?

No, "I Feel so Blessed!" is available for purchase by anyone through the Pampered Chef website or through a consultant. However, Pampered Chef consultants may offer special promotions or discounts on the cookbook.

Can I customize the recipes in "I Feel so Blessed!" to fit my family's preferences?

Yes, "I Feel so Blessed!" encourages customers to make the recipes their own by adding or substituting ingredients to fit their family's tastes. The meal planning guide also allows for flexibility in choosing which recipes to make each week.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila