• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Stuck with No Leads? Try These Tips to Boost Bookings and Confidence!

In summary, Amanda is feeling stuck and has no leads. She asked her friends if they knew of anyone who might be interested in booking a class, but so far hasn't had any luck. She is considering trying to set up a booth every month to increase her chances of getting bookings.
babywings76
Gold Member
I feel kind of stuck right now with no leads. I have people who said they wanted to book, but either I can't reach them, or I leave messages, or they say no or to call them in May. I'm torn with what to do. After having a bad experience with my last host (I had a long thread on that this month...), I am having a hard time with confidence in calling people.

I'm trying to make a game plan, because I don't want to call people several times in one month and be viewed as a pest. But I was tossing around the idea of a Power Cooking Class this month and also including the HWC special to hopefully get orders. But the only date I have available to do it I'm afraid will be a terrible date. I already know of a few activities going on that involve many of my contacts, so they won't be able to come. So do I go ahead and have it anyway and hope that someone will come? It's a great excuse to call people. But here's where I feel stuck, the date is May 30th. So it's kind of early to call people about it now. But my calendar is totally empty (except for one catty show this month) and I feel like I should make some calls to get bookings. But I don't want to call now, only to have to call in a couple weeks about my class/HWC thing.

I feel like there's not that many people to call, too, that I haven't already tried the past month or so. I need new blood! But my husband doesn't want me to do any fairs/booths now, because our Saturdays are rare and precious.

I feel so stuck! I need to get going, but I just am scared to do anything. I'm afraid of the rejection, I don't know what to say anymore...which angle to take with people on the phone. It never seems to work, and rejection is killing me right now after this last host.

When I needed a jump start I did a booth at a festival. I had a med round stone as a prize for filling out my drawing slip. I drew only from the good to strong party leads. I got two bookings from it. One was Monday night and as of now is over $500 and not yet done. The other has canceled on me. Not the best turn out but it helped me branch out a little. I have been checking the community calendar online for my local paper and found a few more opportunities to set up a table. I am going to try to do atleast one of them. I have also made a new plan to try to do a booth of some sort every month. That will constantly give me new faces and avenues. Sometimes all that is need for a drawing prize is a free show where I will bring the ingredients for the party. Now they will think only one person will win but if I have several great leads I might offer the free show to each of them and just make sure I choose a cheap recipe! Hope that helps you, I not that seasoned like some others on this site, but I am trying to build back up too!

Amanda, Can you call your closest contacts and ask if they know of anyone they can refer? Maybe they will come up with a lead for you.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Amanda, Can you call your closest contacts and ask if they know of anyone they can refer? Maybe they will come up with a lead for you.

Earlier this week I called and e-mailed some close friends asking (they were people who I wasn't that close to or knew a year ago, but now am good friends with) if either they were interested or knew someone that might be, and so far nothing's come of it. One said she'd keep an ear out (yeah, like what does that mean?! How often does someone just come out and ask someone else, "Hey, do you know of a PC consultant, I'd just love to do a show sometime") The other one I had asked for a recipe and also asked about hosting, she said she'd find the recipes for me and e-mail me them, but never did (and she never responded to my question about hosting.)

I asked another friend (who was wanting to just order a cookbook), but she said her schedule with her husband and work is such that she just can't right now. (Maybe in the summer?) I was thinking though of calling her and telling her about the idea that's been shared here on CS about the teacher appreciation gifts of the mini serving spatula (she is an assistant principal of an elementary school.) But I just don't know how to tell her about it. Our kids are friends and we had a couple play dates and we just had the whole family over for dinner a month ago, but other than that, we don't really talk that much.

I sort of forced a close friend to do one. She was never really interested, but one day I just went up to her honestly & said "I'm in a rut. I need a show a month & I have nothing coming up. Would you please hold a show for me? I will supply the ingredients, send out invites, all you need to do is give me some addresses."

I admit I felt really silly & desperate saying this, but how could she tell me no. She ended up have a $500 party & 2 bookings. She loved getting all of the free stuff, so she wants to do another when the fall catalog comes out.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

What are some quick and easy recipe ideas for busy weeknights?

We have a variety of quick and easy recipes on our website, such as one-pot meals, sheet pan dinners, and 30-minute meals. You can also check out our recipe books for more ideas.

How can I make meal prep easier and more efficient?

Investing in quality kitchen tools, like our food chopper or vegetable slicer, can save you time and effort in meal prep. You can also plan your meals ahead of time and use our meal planning tools for organization.

What are some healthy snacks I can make at home?

We have a selection of healthy snack recipes on our website, including energy bites, homemade granola bars, and fruit and veggie dips. You can also find healthy snack ideas in our cookbooks.

What kitchen tools do I need for baking?

For baking, we recommend having a good set of measuring cups and spoons, a mixing bowl, a whisk, a baking sheet, and a good quality oven-safe baking dish. Our website also has a list of essential baking tools for beginners.

What are some tips for hosting a successful dinner party?

Plan your menu ahead of time and choose dishes that can be made in advance. Make sure to have enough serving utensils and dishes for your guests. Having a variety of appetizers and drinks can also make for a successful dinner party. You can find more tips on our website for hosting a stress-free party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattikake45
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Tara-Ann
  • RoseAndrews
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
  • Muppetgal