• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating a Newsletter with Large Attachments: Solutions Needed

In summary, PC Debi recommends using PDF995 or PixResizer to reduce file size before e-mailing them as attachments. She also recommends using her own newsletter instead of Tasty Tidbits.
PamperedChefDebi
Silver Member
I take alot of time creating my newsletter in Word (because I don't have Publisher or anything else to use). I like to use lots of graphics and pictures of our products BUT I end up with a 6 MG newsletter!!! Needless to say, sending that as an e-mail attachments doesn't work very well. So, before I end up with half of my customer base asking me to remove them from my distro, I need to figure out something.

I downloaded PDF995 that someone recommended so I can convert my Word documents to PDF but I'm not sure if that will solve the problem or not.

What other suggestions do you guys have? I'm pretty computer savvy so something completely new doesn't intimidate me.

Thanks!!!

Debi,

That is an awefully large newsletter... where are you getting the product images? If you get them off the PC website, they shouldn't be too huge. If you are using your own, you may need to shrink them down a bit by reducing the resolution. For family pics, 3 MB is great for enlargements... for a clip in a newsletter, 3 MB is waaaaaay too large.

I use PixResizer to easily reduce the file size of my photos... it's a free download - just google "pixresizer".

Other than that, I'm not sure how else you'd reduce. I put quite a few photos in mine but I've never gone over 700 or 800 KB.

Hope this helps!
Joy

Joy,

I can be a little slow sometimes, especially about computers. Please tell me how you get images from the the PC website.

Thanks,
Slow Jennifer

From the PC website, on the photo you want to copy, right click on the image, and it should pop up a menu. Click on "save picture as" or "save target as", and save it to your hard drive.

Then when you are inserting the photo in your newsletter, do "insert picture" in Word.

Alternatively, you can right click on the picture and select "copy". This will put the image on your clipboard... then go to your document and click "paste" and it should plop it right in there.

Let me know if that makes sense and if it works!

Good luck,
Joy

Joy...I did download the program you suggested as well as one recommended on CNET.com. It will make things slower for me but I will definitely give one or both programs a try for July's Newsletter!

Thanks so much! I didn't even realize programs such as this existed! That's why I LOVE this site!:)

PC Debi - Can you post your newsletter? I'd like to see it. Thanks!

Sure! Here it is after I converted it to .pdf.

I started creating my own newsletter this month too. Before I was relying on my director.

Basically I take promotions, items I see here on the loop, and other Pampered Chef tips and tricks. My director bought us all subscriptions to Tasty Tidbits, but I change it around quite a bit to suit my needs.

Let me know what you think of it.

View attachment JuneTidbits.pdf

Sailortena,

I love it! Wow! I think you may have just sold me on Tasty Tidbits! Is that where you got the little extra bits of info?

Wow is all I can say...those newsletters are great!!!!!!!

I designed my own newsletter (my day job is basically graphic design and I do layout design for my local paper). The information itself comes from Tasty Tidbits. I have not had many responses with my first three newsletters, using the basic format of the paid Tasty Tidbits service. So I thought souping up the design would get more responses. I'll see tomorrow when I hope to get some calls for my Friday Phone Sale!

Those Newsletters are amazing,

Would you ladies mind posting them in Word. I would love to tailor them to the specials I am offering!!!

I am super impressed...

Question about newsletters in general. I'm in ss3 and have sent two as emails with graphics inside. I've been toying with sending it as a pdf but wondered if that discouraged viewers from opening it. Your thoughts? (I've attached a copy of what my email looks like) thx!

Attachments

• girlfriend's guide.pdf
    232.3 KB · Views: 557
Where can I view TastyTidbits subscription information? Thanks, PamG
[email protected]

Here's mine in Word minus the pictures since that was the problem to begin with. :)

Attachments

• Debi's June Newsletter minus pics.doc
    718 KB · Views: 440
I just downloaded a FREE program called PrimoPDF. It converts my Publisher Newsletter to PDF. Easy to use, and works well. (Note: You "save" in PDF when you hit the "Print" button. Then click the dropdown menu to choose "PrimoPDF" and choose the location to save to.)

Mine went from 3600KB down to around 500KB. I use a ton of pics and misc. stuff to make it look good, so it is always very large.

Now with the PDF, I am saving space in my customer's e-mail box!

I am attaching my July Newsletter.

Attachments

• July Newsle.pdf
    435.1 KB · Views: 400
Janice: I have to say that is gorgeous!

1. How do I create a newsletter with large attachments using Pampered Chef?

To create a newsletter with large attachments using Pampered Chef, you can use our customizable templates and drag-and-drop editor to easily add images, videos, and other media. You can also use our file-sharing feature to upload and attach large files directly to your newsletter.

2. Is there a limit to the size of attachments that can be included in a newsletter?

There is no specific size limit for attachments in our newsletters, but we recommend keeping your file sizes under 10MB for optimal deliverability and loading speed for your recipients.

3. How do I ensure that the attachments are accessible to all recipients?

Our file-sharing feature allows you to upload attachments to our server, ensuring that they are accessible to all recipients regardless of their email provider or device. You can also include a link to the attachment in your newsletter for easy access.

4. Can I track the number of times an attachment has been downloaded?

Yes, our platform offers tracking and analytics for your newsletter attachments. You can see how many times an attachment has been downloaded and by whom, allowing you to track the engagement and interest in your content.

5. Are there any additional fees for including large attachments in my newsletter?

No, there are no additional fees for including large attachments in your newsletter. Our pricing plans include unlimited file storage and sharing, so you can add as many attachments as you need without any extra costs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bsaxman
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
bsaxman
  • PamperedK
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • esavvymom