• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Can I Do to Get My Business Back on Track?

In summary, the speaker is feeling overwhelmed and stressed because they only have two shows booked for the month and other potential hosts are not responding. They also feel like they haven't been able to keep up with household tasks and are low on supplies for their business. However, they are attending a training and trying to stay positive and focused on the future. Others offer support and remind them that things will get better.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Okay everything feels like it's coming crashing down on me! I had only two shows this month and 3-4 people who said they wanted to have shows and now I have nothing! Host for next weekend won't return phone calls or email and I have no guest list. My host for the following weekend is keeping me up in the air because they don't know what's going on with her uncle. And all the people who said they wanted to have a show won't answer any phone calls. I went from having my 3rd highest month in December to help me to earn my trip but now I have nothing! I feel like I dropped the ball because I focused so much on earning my trip at the end of the year that I didn't keep in contact like I should have with my hosts. I have also been very busy that I haven't been at home to get anything done.

It's not just in my business. I cannot keep up with things around the house. My office is such a disaster I cannot even find a past guest list for a host next month. I just folded three baskets of laundry and realized I still have three more to go. You know how it goes.

Tomorrow I have to deliver products from people who purchase at the end of last month. I am going to talk to each of them about hosting a party in person when I see them. I was going to give them host packets if they decided then I realized I have NO catalogs. I mean I have the ones in my guest packets but I have no other catalogs in my office and I haven't ordered any more! Yikes!

I'm just venting... figured you guys might know how it feels. I'm attending our Cook and Book training on Monday so I'm excited about that, hoping to get something out of it. Not really sure what the heck is happening right now!

Oh that's a lot to deal with at once. I'm having a similar situation with my host for next weekend - in fact, coming into the month she was the only booking! (I got super lucky to get two random ones in the last week or so)
My house is also a disaster and I'm sure I've got 6 baskets of laundry too. (And not even 3 folded!) I really wish our house was bigger so I could organize better. We have two bedrooms and my office is in our already tiny living room.

Don't feel like a loser! We all have those moments!! Where are you located? If it's anywhere near Council Bluffs we can meet tomorrow and I can get you some catalogs if you need! I've got a whole package of 25 unopened.

Don't feel bad! I forgot to place a supply order in December and ended up with no invites! That is what a team is for! Send out a distress signal for help. Others that have will pitch in and you can pay them back when your supplies come in!

Hang in there. We all were working for our trip. The business is still out there!

I am rooting for you!

(((((Hugs)))))I'm sure you feel much better for even posting.I can totally understand how you feel. I have nothing on my calendar, and I feel like I can't find enough time for everything I need to do from day to day. I'm sure the holidays made all that a bit harder, and it should be easier to get into a good routine now that they're over.The best advice I can give you is to look forward. Know that things will only get better, and everything will work out.

You are NOT a loser! Life happens, good news is, it's a new day, so try to take 5-10 min TODAY, even if you have to hole yourself in the bathroom for some privacy, and make a few calls, or just take a breather. It's funny you say this, because I am stressing that I have NO shows for Feb, I have a few this month, but I should really be done w/ Feb and I have nothing on my calendar...and we need the money bad, so that's another stresser. However, I am taking it day by day, and I'm going to try to make a few calls this evening. You will get it together! Don't worry! :)

wadesgirl said:
Okay everything feels like it's coming crashing down on me! I had only two shows this month and 3-4 people who said they wanted to have shows and now I have nothing! Host for next weekend won't return phone calls or email and I have no guest list. My host for the following weekend is keeping me up in the air because they don't know what's going on with her uncle. And all the people who said they wanted to have a show won't answer any phone calls. I went from having my 3rd highest month in December to help me to earn my trip but now I have nothing! I feel like I dropped the ball because I focused so much on earning my trip at the end of the year that I didn't keep in contact like I should have with my hosts. I have also been very busy that I haven't been at home to get anything done.

It's not just in my business. I cannot keep up with things around the house. My office is such a disaster I cannot even find a past guest list for a host next month. I just folded three baskets of laundry and realized I still have three more to go. You know how it goes.

Tomorrow I have to deliver products from people who purchase at the end of last month. I am going to talk to each of them about hosting a party in person when I see them. I was going to give them host packets if they decided then I realized I have NO catalogs. I mean I have the ones in my guest packets but I have no other catalogs in my office and I haven't ordered any more! Yikes!

I'm just venting... figured you guys might know how it feels. I'm attending our Cook and Book training on Monday so I'm excited about that, hoping to get something out of it. Not really sure what the heck is happening right now!

You ARE NOT a loser!!! I also know how you feel, I did the exact same thing. I was so involved trying to earn the trip & now I have NO ONE on my January!!! I've been calling & getting no answers. BUT remember WE will do it!! Keep thinking positive!! Hope I helped :D

you are not a loser!

My host for this month was blowing me off in December and then in January I made one phone call and sent one more e-mail and no answers. Made last ditch effort and found her on Facebook and sent her a message saying, "not sure if you got my messages...". Basically was saying, if I dont hear back from her I will be forced to remove her from my schedule (said it in a nice way).
Heard back from her within 3 minutes making sure she had her show.

I have 2 live shows and 1 catalog show for January, enough to get me the bag and double points for February.
But... I have no live shows scheduled for February.

I've been busy with taking care of my husband after his surgery.
What I am saying is - everyone is busy with life.
Start now. Talk to people. Work your business. Above all, change your attitute - you are not a loser.

Last edited:
Sounds we should all be saying "Welcome to the club!!"
We've all been there/ are there/ will get there.....and we'll survive. You just earned TORONTO baby! You know you can do it. It's just one of those days/weeks.Take the afternoon off- put some good music on and catch up on those things around the house that you SEE and that stress you out. I know that I did that yesterday (well, forgot the music part, but you get the idea). I had to take care of the clutter around the house because it does stress you out. Then I could sit down and look at what I had to do for my business and such. I'll be doing a bit more of the same throughout the week. I learned last year that I had to do that sometimes -otherwise my business was causing me too much stress and I was not enjoying it. It's a process sometimes. Even if you just have to unwind and watch a movie with some popcorn or ice cream...give yourself a break for a little bit. Fold laundry or sort the orders while you do it - so you can feel like you are accomplishing something, but it's "mindless" work- if you know what I mean.Good luck Allison! You are fantastic and will bounce back with a big BOING (hahaha) :D

Nope, not a loser!

I've seen it happen to lots of people though, where you push so hard to meet a goal, and then find yourself in a position where your calendar is empty, etc...and you're tired - physically and emotionally spent.

I think maybe you need to take a few days off. You really didn't have that because you were working so hard all the way to the end of Dec. to earn that trip. Even if you had a day or two where you weren't working your business, your mind was probably still going a 100 miles an hour to earn that trip.

Instead of beating yourself up, take a few days to REST and relax, and refuel - everyone needs down time too. Then, jump back in with both feet - you'll feel more like working if you've had a couple of days off without thinking about PC AT ALL! :D

Yes, really...welcome to the club!

My house is a disaster after the holidays. I mean, literally looks like Toys R Us exploded in our house. I too, have been trying to slowly work thru the projects (cleaning, organizing..etc) knowing it will not happen at warp speed like it does on those tv shows.

As far as Jan/feb shows, it will all work out. Keep doing your 3-2-1 plan and doors will open. Focus on customer care this month as well and I bet shows will come easier for you, especially when you just ask :)

Keep your head up! Try to at least. The majority of us are in the same boat with you. *hugs*

Been there done that. You will bounce back.

Sounds like you're overwhelmed. Take a deep breath. You might even be suffering from some seasonal depression. Have you noticed a similar feeling in years past? Take a day or two. Tackle your office. Start making calls. You'll be fine soon.

Hey, do you still need catalogs? Like I said, if you're close I can bring some your way. I live in Omaha, NE which is literally 2 seconds from Council Bluffs, IA. I know you're in IA, I'm just not sure where :)

Thanks everyone!! I think I was just having a nice pity party with myself last night but knew you guys would understand! I really didn't get to take any time off with the holidays. It was sort of go-go-go type thing with family, trying to earn the trip and more. Then I started another part time job teaching kick boxing right before the end of the year so that is taking up a little more time (not much though just a lot around the new session coming in).As for my house. I'm the worst house wife in the world. I really do hate cleaning but I think the biggest problem is I'm doing it for two now! Never had a problem with my old places being a mess, never had a problem keeping up with laundry or dishes. I have asked my husband time and again to help out but he feels like he does enough around here... yah, trust me I've tried. But I did get the rest of the laundry folded today and he did take care of some stuff while I was delivering products. So I do feel a little better about that.I knew I had to update because I mentioned that I was going to ask everyone I delivered products to if they wanted to host a show and I now have two bookings for January!! One was a gal who I met at a booth (she was another vendor) two years ago. She's bought from me occasionally but never hosted. Well I asked her and she booked for two weeks out! Then I delivered to my sister who "took a year off from parties" and she agreed to book to help me out! Makes me feel so much better to know I can at least get my two parties in this month and hopefully maintain TL status and get the bonus stuff offered this month.Thanks again everyone! Knew I would get a boost from you!Shelby, I'm in Des Moines so it's a little far away but I'm carpooling with some gals tomorrow so I'm going to see if they have any for me.

wadesgirl said:
Thanks everyone!! I think I was just having a nice pity party with myself last night but knew you guys would understand!

I really didn't get to take any time off with the holidays. It was sort of go-go-go type thing with family, trying to earn the trip and more. Then I started another part time job teaching kick boxing right before the end of the year so that is taking up a little more time (not much though just a lot around the new session coming in).

As for my house. I'm the worst house wife in the world. I really do hate cleaning but I think the biggest problem is I'm doing it for two now! Never had a problem with my old places being a mess, never had a problem keeping up with laundry or dishes. I have asked my husband time and again to help out but he feels like he does enough around here... yah, trust me I've tried. But I did get the rest of the laundry folded today and he did take care of some stuff while I was delivering products. So I do feel a little better about that.

I knew I had to update because I mentioned that I was going to ask everyone I delivered products to if they wanted to host a show and I now have two bookings for January!! One was a gal who I met at a booth (she was another vendor) two years ago. She's bought from me occasionally but never hosted. Well I asked her and she booked for two weeks out! Then I delivered to my sister who "took a year off from parties" and she agreed to book to help me out! Makes me feel so much better to know I can at least get my two parties in this month and hopefully maintain TL status and get the bonus stuff offered this month.

Thanks again everyone! Knew I would get a boost from you!

Shelby, I'm in Des Moines so it's a little far away but I'm carpooling with some gals tomorrow so I'm going to see if they have any for me.

Ditto on hating house cleaning. I'm not the best housewife either :blushing:
Thanks for letting me know about the catalogs! I ordered 100 more anyway so if I don't get them all used up I'll just sell them at Spring Launch. If you still end up needing them, I can fit a pack of 25 in a flat rate box (med or lg) and it'd get to you faster than HO.
I hope you get everything sorted out!

ShelbyMichalek said:
Ditto on hating house cleaning. I'm not the best housewife either :blushing:
Thanks for letting me know about the catalogs! I ordered 100 more anyway so if I don't get them all used up I'll just sell them at Spring Launch. If you still end up needing them, I can fit a pack of 25 in a flat rate box (med or lg) and it'd get to you faster than HO.
I hope you get everything sorted out!

Thanks! We might have to meet up at Spring Launch!!

Take a deep breath enjoy a nice cup of tea (or coffee) away from everyone (go to a coffee shop if you have to) Treat yourself to celebrate your sucess in 2010.

And remember 2011 just started, create a new list of 100. I bet there are some new names that come to surface or someone maybe you never asked. Tuesday after you are motivated at your cook and book schedule some time to get on the phone and makes some of that new list calls

wadesgirl said:
As for my house. I'm the worst house wife in the world. I really do hate cleaning but I think the biggest problem is I'm doing it for two now! Never had a problem with my old places being a mess, never had a problem keeping up with laundry or dishes. I have asked my husband time and again to help out but he feels like he does enough around here... yah, trust me I've tried. But I did get the rest of the laundry folded today and he did take care of some stuff while I was delivering products. So I do feel a little better about that.

I'm not the worst housekeeper in the world, but I'm not giving the best one a run for her money. This is my thought--I'm a lousy housekeeper, but a magnificent homemaker. They're different. My home is one in which love abounds. My husband and son love coming home because it is a place of good conversation, good food, and acceptance. People are welcome in my home as long as they aren't looking for someplace without clutter or dust.

raebates said:
I'm not the worst housekeeper in the world, but I'm not giving the best one a run for her money. This is my thought--I'm a lousy housekeeper, but a magnificent homemaker. They're different. My home is one in which love abounds. My husband and son love coming home because it is a place of good conversation, good food, and acceptance. People are welcome in my home as long as they aren't looking for someplace without clutter or dust.

Ahhh, Rae - what a beautiful way of putting it. :)

That sums up my thinking exactly. We were at my In-Laws yesterday, and her home is SPOTLESS. I mean perfect, any time of the day that you walk in there. My wonderful husband tells me that what he remembers most about his mom growing up is cleaning. She was always cleaning. The kids didn't even get to decorate the Christmas Tree, because she did it while they were in school, so it was perfect, and the house was cleaned up again before they got home.:eek: I feel bad when I first walk into their house, because of the contrast to ours, and wonder if DH wishes ours was like his Moms - but then I realize that my husband loves me, and loves our life and our home, and that my son knows he's loved and gets to experience all of childhood...so, the clutter stays, and the love abounds!

When my kids were young and DH and I both worked full time, we finally hired a cleaning lady for 2 hours a week or 2 hr every other week (depending on us). It was the best money spent. It caused us to run around and pick up the days she was coming, and what an incredible delight to come home to a house that is cleaned--someone else can clean your house so much faster as they aren't side-tracked. Now that I stay home and watch my grandkids, I clean myself.

ChefBeckyD said:
Ahhh, Rae - what a beautiful way of putting it. :)

That sums up my thinking exactly. We were at my In-Laws yesterday, and her home is SPOTLESS. I mean perfect, any time of the day that you walk in there. My wonderful husband tells me that what he remembers most about his mom growing up is cleaning. She was always cleaning. The kids didn't even get to decorate the Christmas Tree, because she did it while they were in school, so it was perfect, and the house was cleaned up again before they got home.:eek: I feel bad when I first walk into their house, because of the contrast to ours, and wonder if DH wishes ours was like his Moms - but then I realize that my husband loves me, and loves our life and our home, and that my son knows he's loved and gets to experience all of childhood...so, the clutter stays, and the love abounds!

I think this is part of it with DH. His mom is the same way and always picked up after him.

I must be a loser too. My son helps decorate the tree and we even have his non-professional angel topper from kindergarten on it. Oh, and the tree is still up.

Christmas is sill up at my house. I intended to take it down last Wednesday, but I didn't feel well. I plan to give it another try this Wednesday. Of course, I'll need The Furry Guy to bring down the boxes. One of the great things to come to me from this business is to see other people's homes. I almost always close in person, so I see it all ready for company (at the show) and a few days later when real life is happening. Everyone has a different level of comfort with clutter. It keeps me a little more realistic about my own housekeeping. Otherwise, I'm comparing my everyday with other people's company housekeeping.

1. Why do I feel like such a loser?

Feeling like a loser can stem from a variety of factors, such as low self-esteem, comparing oneself to others, or experiencing failure or rejection. It's important to recognize that these feelings are valid, but they do not define your worth as a person.

2. How can I stop feeling like a loser?

There is no one-size-fits-all solution to overcoming feelings of being a loser, but some strategies that may help include practicing self-care and self-compassion, setting achievable goals, surrounding yourself with supportive and positive people, and seeking professional help if needed.

3. Is it normal to feel like a loser sometimes?

Yes, it is normal to experience feelings of being a loser from time to time. Everyone goes through ups and downs in life, and it's important to acknowledge and address these feelings rather than suppressing them.

4. Can constantly feeling like a loser be a sign of a mental health issue?

Feeling like a loser can be a symptom of various mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, or low self-esteem. If these feelings are persistent and significantly impacting your daily life, it may be helpful to talk to a mental health professional for a proper evaluation and treatment.

5. How can I support someone who feels like a loser?

If someone you know is struggling with feelings of being a loser, the best way to support them is by being a good listener, showing empathy and understanding, and reminding them of their strengths and accomplishments. Encouraging them to seek professional help or engaging in activities together can also be beneficial.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
ughubug