• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Still Meet the New Requirements for Director Despite Challenges?

I've felt the stress too of wondering if I have to live "month to month" to see if I'll keep being paid as a Director. I have felt the stress too of wondering if I have to live "month to month" to see if I'll keep being paid as a Director. But I have also felt the stress of knowing that if I don't get my team recruiting and booked, then I will be let go. We cannot let that happen. So, we are all doing what we can to recruit and book. We just have to be persistent.I have felt the stress too of wondering if I have to live "month to month" to see if I'll keep being paid as a Director
amy07
as much as I'm trying to stay positive and REALLY work on growing my business and my Team (getting them to recruit) I can almost see the writing on the wall that I am not going to meet the new requirements.:cry::cry:
I keep telling myself that it is ok if I'm not a Director, but it bites big time to have worked for it and to watch it just slip away.....I know that there is still time, but in reality my Team members are not real motivated. they are happy with their 1 or 2 shows/month. And the one SC I do have - her recruit & indirect recruit are both going thru marital issues and PC has been put on the sidelines.....so she doesn't even qualify as a SC because neither of them is active

tell me that this can still be done!

amy07 said:
tell me that this can still be done!

YES! IT CAN BE DONE!!!! Decide that you are going to make it happen and don't stop until you get it! It's hard to make that decision when you're down so take a day or two (NO MORE than that!) and then decide to work your hiney off and do what it takes!

And we're all here to cheer you on!!!!!!! :candyheart:

Here to Cheer....Here to Cheer!!

I know exactly how you are feeling, Amy. I was in the same boat (and could be again at the drop of a hat!). Work with those that you can...share the paycheck incentives they will get, and the bonus they will get when they recruit.

You and I both know that the new guidelines are HARD to get used to, but please don't give up....I am giving it a year, and giving it my all...then I will see where I am at and re-evaluate. But it is too soon to give up now. Please don't!

We are ALL in the same boat -- we just have to paddle a little harder to get to shore...but the shore is still there!

Hugs!!

do the ticket game at all of your shows to recruit on your own and then help your new recruits by doing their first show and playing the ticket game. My team is up by 10 so far this year (2 indirects in the past 2 days alone!) because this is my business model now.

I am in the exact same boat! I know we can do it, we just have to stick to it!

ShanaSmith said:
I am in the exact same boat! I know we can do it, we just have to stick to it!

Me too! I had 2 of my newest team members recruit in April. One of them is going to do great but the other one that signed has done nothing AND won't return any of my calls, emails and hasn't been to a meeting. I am trying my hardest to get the others on my team to recruit but still nothing. I recruited 2 last month...hoping THEY will bring someone on asap!

We CAN do this ladies!!! (I really don't want a paycut!)

I'm here...just barely....got to recruit one myself this month, keep everyone active AND get my team recruiting. But they won't have leads if they don't do shows, so we have to start at square one--BOOKINGS. Ugh.

I looks like I might be a Director this month (a paid-as director!). Everyone seem to be working... One question though if anyone knows the answer...I have a SC who already submitted a show this month. When I look at the Title Requirements and it says that I have ZERO active Senior Consultant Lines... does that mean that she is not an Active SC Line unless she AND her recruit submits sales?

finley1991 said:
I looks like I might be a Director this month (a paid-as director!). Everyone seem to be working...

One question though if anyone knows the answer...

I have a SC who already submitted a show this month. When I look at the Title Requirements and it says that I have ZERO active Senior Consultant Lines... does that mean that she is not an Active SC Line unless she AND her recruit submits sales?

That's right.

DebbieJ said:
I'm here...just barely....got to recruit one myself this month, keep everyone active AND get my team recruiting. But they won't have leads if they don't do shows, so we have to start at square one--BOOKINGS. Ugh.

EXACTLY!!

l.r.

I've felt the stress too of wondering if I have to live "month to month" to see if I'll keep being paid as a Director. I was in April and just into the first week to 10 days into May, my team was AWESOME and already had met the qualificiations to "keep" me at the director level. This month is an awesome month so far for them!! So, I'm lucky yet again. I just hate living month to month like this and wondering how it will all pan out, but oh well.

I need to recruit!!! I have someone that will supposedly sign after the 15th when she gets paid, so let's hope that happens. The last person I recruited was in Feb and he's only done one show so far. He's not returning my phone calls, so that's not a good sign.:(

But one of my SC's consultants has a likely recruit she'll sign next month!! So, she'll be another SC! But, my question is, since she's under one of my SC's already, does that count as an additional SC for my count?? I didn't know if anyone has this same situation.

I would love to promote to Advanced but nobody seems really gung-ho on recruiting intentionally. At least there are some recruiting! I'm lucky because I have one TL and two SCs so at least that should keep me "coasting" for a while but I need to get more shows so I can be in front of more people to recruit. My host for Friday is a major repeat host and I always talk about it with her. She hates her job and would love to be a consultant but right off the bat, she wouldn't make the income she'd need to replace that FT job to justify it. I frequently talk to her about starting PC on the side to build up her business and a customer base so she can plan on quitting in the future and maybe get a PT job and do PC. I'd LOVE for her to sign on!!! So, that's another potential.

I just need to get my butt in gear more and maybe that'll encourage my team to recruit more. :pray::pray:

So, Amy, I hear you completely when you say you feel it slipping away. Let's all make sure that doesn't happen for any of us.

I LOVE all the encouragement here!!:love0010::love0010:

I am wondering the same thing Becky. I have 2 people that have recruited. One of the recruit's recruit is off to a great start, but the other recruit's recruit has done nothing.

The first recruit's recruit may be signing someone in the next couple of weeks. Does that make sense? LOL...don't think I've even used the work "recruit" that many times in one sentence before.

finley1991 said:
I looks like I might be a Director this month (a paid-as director!). Everyone seem to be working...

One question though if anyone knows the answer...

I have a SC who already submitted a show this month. When I look at the Title Requirements and it says that I have ZERO active Senior Consultant Lines... does that mean that she is not an Active SC Line unless she AND her recruit submits sales?

Spoke too soon... my one SC called me today and says she's not planning on doing any more shows until August. :sick: We are going to have lunch in a few weeks so I'm hoping to light a fire under her!!!

finley1991 said:
Spoke too soon... my one SC called me today and says she's not planning on doing any more shows until August. :sick: We are going to have lunch in a few weeks so I'm hoping to light a fire under her!!!
Good luck!!! I hope you light that fire!!!

pamperedbecky said:
But one of my SC's consultants has a likely recruit she'll sign next month!! So, she'll be another SC! But, my question is, since she's under one of my SC's already, does that count as an additional SC for my count?? I didn't know if anyone has this same situation.

:

it doesn't....they need to be separate lines...BUT as long as 2 of them in the line submit it still counts as an active line.

amy07 said:
it doesn't....they need to be separate lines...BUT as long as 2 of them in the line submit it still counts as an active line.

Ok, thanks! Bummer, that's what I thought. Oh well. At least it increases the chances it'll always be an active line.

I just went to a training with Judy Joel yesterday (sales mgr with the HO) and here is the answer to the question --as long as ONE consultant in their line is active ($150 in sales), the Sr. Consultant is still a Sr. Consultant and still counts toward your requirements:YOU
--------Sr Cons ($0)
--------Their Cons ($150)The above represents an ACTIVE LINE.Hope that helps!

jwpamp said:
I just went to a training with Judy Joel yesterday (sales mgr with the HO) and here is the answer to the question --

as long as ONE consultant in their line is active ($150 in sales), the Sr. Consultant is still a Sr. Consultant and still counts toward your requirements:

YOU
--------Sr Cons ($0)
--------Their Cons ($150)

The above represents an ACTIVE LINE.

Hope that helps!

really? I know that keeps the line active, but are you sure that the SC doesn't have to submit to keep her SC status?

I had the same impression Linda. I know that last month my SC put in $200, but her recruit only did $50, so she didn't count as a SC for me.

But I do know that this would count:

You
..sc ($0)
....their recruit ($150)
....their recruit ($150)

amy07 said:
I had the same impression Linda. I know that last month my SC put in $200, but her recruit only did $50, so she didn't count as a SC for me.

Since the Sr Consultant's Recruit didn't do $150, she is not active, so the Sr Cons. is not a Sr Cons.....but the LINE is active if the recruit submits and the Sr Cons. does not.

I know, sounds crazy, but that is how she showed it on the info slides....

In looking at the little flippy book it describes the requirements (pg 8) of a SC to be
- be active yourself
- have 1 active recruit

pamperedlinda said:
really? I know that keeps the line active, but are you sure that the SC doesn't have to submit to keep her SC status?
I think that the requirements are needed to be PAID as a Sr Cons.I am still not sure...let me e-mail Judy and ask her. I will get back with an answer to all...

So Janice...

I understand about the line being active, but does she still count as one of the SC?

I think I'll put in a call to my HO sales mgr for more clarification.

I know that the Director requirements state that you have to have 2 Active Senior Consultant LINES...and if the Sr Cons has $0 but their recruit has $150, that LINE is ACTIVE.The Sr Cons. DOES NOT have to be ACTIVE, but the LINE does.The Sr Cons. with no sales (or even less than $150) is not active, so she won't be PAID as an SC.Does that make sense?

pamperedlinda said:
So Janice...

I understand about the line being active, but does she still count as one of the SC?

I think I'll put in a call to my HO sales mgr for more clarification.

You can call, Linda. It doesn't make sense for us to both do it!:)

jwpamp said:
I think that the requirements are needed to be PAID as a Sr Cons.

I am still not sure...let me e-mail Judy and ask her. I will get back with an answer to all...

I think that SC amd TL titles are not guaranteed - they are effetive in the month earned. I 'think' that you have to be a D or above to retain your title for several months at a time.

jwpamp said:
You can call, Linda. It doesn't make sense for us to both do it!:)

I'd be interested to see if we both get the same answer! LOL

My HO sales Manager is Rachel Geitzen - I've sent her an email. I'll let you knwo what her answer is.

pamperedlinda said:
I think that SC amd TL titles are not guaranteed - they are effetive in the month earned. I 'think' that you have to be a D or above to retain your title for several months at a time.

Actually, Team Leaders and above keep the title for 3 months....it's so confusing, isn't it? Like learning PP3!!!

Hey, Linda...I've got your back on CS!! :p

It's crazy over there! All kinds of bad vibes going on :yuck:

jwpamp said:
Hey, Linda...I've got your back on CS!! :p

It's crazy over there! All kinds of bad vibes going on :yuck:

Thanks! I saw that. Some people are just not happy until they make everyone else miserable.

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks! I saw that. Some people are just not happy until they make everyone else miserable.

Oh man, what's going on over there NOW?

P.S. and thanks everyone for trying to clarify the SC line question. It does get confusing if it's two SC LINES you need because if a SC's consultant is active, but the SC is not, it still counts as an active line I guess. But if the SC goes too long not being active and loses her title, then it's not considered an SC line anymore?

I swear, the more I think about some of these scenarios, the more confusing it can get!

This was my question to my HO Sales Mgr:

I need clarification on the new plan.

In a perfect world, my team would be at least 4 lines – ALL of which are SC! Or at least 2 of them . I understand that someone from each line has to submit at least $150 for that line to be active. But, if my SC does not submit that month, but her C does – does that mean that the SC is no longer a SC?

Does that make sense?

Example:
Me
--SC – submits $150
---C – submits $150….this scenario is good for that line

Example:
Me
--SC – submits 0
---C – submits $200….line is active, but is the SC still an SC since she did not submit? And, I guess that would take my team down to only one SC?

Here's the answer I got from Rachel Geitzen:

Thanks for the question. You are correct, if your SC does not submit sales she is not qualified as an SC. If you refer to page 8 of the career plan spiral book from Leadership, it does show that the requirements for SC are to be active yourself and have 1 active recruit. Does that clarify things?

It seems like it is a VERY slippery slope of keeping/losing those SC's - makes me feel even more pressure---ackkkK!!

amy07 said:
It seems like it is a VERY slippery slope of keeping/losing those SC's - makes me feel even more pressure---ackkkK!!

You've got that right. Unless you have a lot of SC's to draw from you could be in and out of directorship every month. I can only wish that they see that it causes so much more stress and that a lot of directors (even upper level) are "hurt" by this and they change it before they lose too many.

They are doing it to "grow the company" (a quote from an email from Jean in response to a question I sent her). Minor changes like as long as the SC OR their recruit submits or something like that would really help. I feel like the focus on recruiting is overboard right now. Maybe once things sort out and we're used to it we'll all feel better but in the meantime the pressure EVERY month will push away some really good people, I think.

bethcooks4u said:
I feel like the focus on recruiting is overboard right now.

Do you think that we've lost a ton of consultants and this is why they are so focused on recruiting? I don't think I've lost any more than I have since I've become a director so I'm not sure. Just wondering why the intense focus?

Growth, retention?

Thanks for the question. You are correct, if your SC does not submit sales she is not qualified as an SC. If you refer to page 8 of the career plan spiral book from Leadership, it does show that the requirements for SC are to be active yourself and have 1 active recruit. Does that clarify things?

I stand corrected! Sorry, guys!

I was referring to pg 13 in the New Career Plan, which is the slide she showed at the meeting.

Again, I am so sorry -- and sooooo confused!!!!!!!

I think that the only thing that I can do is to recruit MORE!!!!!

bethcooks4u said:
You've got that right. Unless you have a lot of SC's to draw from you could be in and out of directorship every month. I can only wish that they see that it causes so much more stress and that a lot of directors (even upper level) are "hurt" by this and they change it before they lose too many.

They are doing it to "grow the company" (a quote from an email from Jean in response to a question I sent her). Minor changes like as long as the SC OR their recruit submits or something like that would really help. I feel like the focus on recruiting is overboard right now. Maybe once things sort out and we're used to it we'll all feel better but in the meantime the pressure EVERY month will push away some really good people, I think.

well, I guess technically that's not true....since you keep your "title" for 3 months....but in reality, I could care less about the title, I want the pay!:p And losing the production bonus for being paid as a TL vs. D can really hurt alot!

jwpamp said:

I stand corrected! Sorry, guys!

I was referring to pg 13 in the New Career Plan, which is the slide she showed at the meeting.

Again, I am so sorry -- and sooooo confused!!!!!!!

I think that the only thing that I can do is to recruit MORE!!!!!

No worries Janice - it is confusing!

amy07 said:
well, I guess technically that's not true....since you keep your "title" for 3 months....but in reality, I could care less about the title, I want the pay!:p And losing the production bonus for being paid as a TL vs. D can really hurt alot!

I really meant in and out of "PAID AS" director. Many will retain the title because the chance that both will submit in the same month once every 3 months is good.

I know Beth. It's really a balancing act. In a good way, it does force us all to focus on having a good balanced & consistent business. Unfortunately, for me & others without good stable Teams that are deep & wide it is going to be very stressful.
Although I imagine for many upper levels who have been coasting along, it has got to be very concerning as well......

finley1991 said:
Do you think that we've lost a ton of consultants and this is why they are so focused on recruiting? I don't think I've lost any more than I have since I've become a director so I'm not sure. Just wondering why the intense focus?

Growth, retention?

I don't know but I do know that some of mine are thinking of dropping off because they don't want the pressure so I think they will lose a lot of people. There will be more short term consultants. Directors+ who don't succeed because of the pressure of counting on what others do will leave. I think it will actually cut down on the number of people. The plus for HO is that when we don't perform at our level (when others don't perform) we get paid less so they save money. Before we were paid at our title for 3 months before we started to lose. Now we lose each month we or our team doesn't submit - one person can lose that pay for us.

I have made it clear to my team that while I would like them to submit every month and that it would be to their benefit and that they will hear more about recruiting and submitting shows (incentives for both from me) I will not pressure them for more than they want to do. It is THEIR business. I am looking for new people and hopefully among those on the team some will catch fire and they will inspire the others. They know that I lose if they don't sell but that won't make it month after month for some of them.

finley1991 said:
Do you think that we've lost a ton of consultants and this is why they are so focused on recruiting? I don't think I've lost any more than I have since I've become a director so I'm not sure. Just wondering why the intense focus?Growth, retention?
I haven't lost any -- as a matter of fact, my Team is recruiting (which never happened before). I think that we will have those who want to recruit and those who don't, just like before.And as far as retention -- those who now have a "line" want to work their business so that they make more $$....

I agree Amy, when we have a small team that is relatively unproducttive it is still stressfull. However, what helps to relieve the stress from me now is knowing that I WILL NOT lose them! Even though I may bounce around on the pay-scale for a while, I am encouraged in knowing that my team is intact and that they will not roll-up to an up-line that does not deserve to have them. I look at this new plan in a positive way that will help me to grow my team and not in a negative way that will take my team away from me while I face growing challenges.

pamperedlinda said:
I agree Amy, when we have a small team that is relatively unproducttive it is still stressfull. However, what helps to relieve the stress from me now is knowing that I WILL NOT lose them! Even though I may bounce around on the pay-scale for a while, I am encouraged in knowing that my team is intact and that they will not roll-up to an up-line that does not deserve to have them. I look at this new plan in a positive way that will help me to grow my team and not in a negative way that will take my team away from me while I face growing challenges.

excellent point! And atleast if we are TL we are still eligible for leads (even if I rarely get them now;))

pamperedlinda said:

That is the BEST part of the new program!

amy07 said:

I totally agree. I think PC will be saving TONS of money with this new plan. Some will get a raise but for many it looks like it will be a big roller coaster month-to-month to see what level they will be paid at.

pamperedlinda said:

Thanks for that reminder. DH is out of work due to an injury on the job so I have more pressure to make the bigger PC $. I don't like the bouncing around from month to month thing but at least we don't lose our people. That is a really great thing.

I am using the new plan to my Team's benefit....they are becoming very competitive and making it a little "game" to see who is going to do better -- it's great for THEM!!I have also seen a HUGE jump in $1000 shows on my Team. One consultant just called and told me she had her 4th show over $1000 in a ROW last night! She is sharing her success secrets (host coaching and using the DCB at every show) and my other Team members are listening. I have 3 other consultants who are also doing $1000 shows.In all of this, I am getting more leads at my shows, and so I am trying to give my team more ideas about watching for people that they can HELP by giving them info about the business. I just ask my Team -- has this business given you something back (flexibility, money, confidence, etc)? When they say "Yes", I ask them -- "then why wouldn't you want to share this op with others who could use it, too?"They are getting it. It's not pushy, it's offering. I am not holding any down to make them sign up, I am not tricking them into signing up. THEY will benefit if they even TRY this business.My Team is not shrinking with the new plan, it's growing!I am confident in the fact that this is a good business and that it can work for many people if they just try it. I believe in the product and the business. My team is starting to believe, too. When you believe, it will happen.

Wow! Thank you all for the positive spin on things. I needed to read all of this this morning. The company my DH works for has declared bankruptcy and hopes to reorganize but for now, for 2 - 4 months, dh will be paid by the bank. After that time frame things are a bit sketchy but we know it will all work out. He asked me what I had to do to make more money without leaving home more and giggled at me. I told him his prayer topic for me was for all my consultants to be active and promote! I thought that was a fairly easy subject don't you? I needed to read what y'all have posted to motivate me and I just praise God for each of you this morning! I love this job and I love working with my team and I want them to grow their own teams. I want them to feel the exhilaration I felt walking across that stage as a Director! I need to examine more closely what I'm not doing and what I am doing to inspire them further. Thanks everyone!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • PCJenni
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Koolotus
  • One4panthers
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies