• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cancelled Bridal Shower: A Tale of Courage and Disappointment

In summary, the customer's younger son's fiancée called off the wedding, which caused the host to lose a show. The show wasn't submitted yet, and the host was able to keep the orders for herself and her customers.
mmilus
Gold Member
I drove about 65 miles (each way) yesterday to do a bridal shower for a repeat customer. Her older son got married two years ago and we had a great shower over $1000. Yesterday was a shower for her younger son's fiancée and we currently have $860 in orders. Both bride and groom are young (19) which, in my mind, is awfully young to be getting married. I know there are couples that do and last forever but so many don't. Anyway, long story short, the groom's mom texted me this morning that the bride called the wedding off.

The show had not been submitted - I hadn't even deposited the checks and cash so it's not a problem to cancel those orders. We are going to check with those that placed orders for themselves along with stuff for the bride and see if they want to go ahead and get the stuff so hopefully we'll have enough for a show. She's also volunteered to give me money for gas and time so I'm not out a whole lot. Having gotten married at 21 myself even though I had doubts (divorced at 22 - I was right to have doubts), I admire this bride for having the courage to say she's not ready and not get into the complications marriage would have caused but I was really looking forward to the paycheck for May as I've already turned in a $2752 fundraiser earlier in the month. I know it was probably a tough decision for her but darn, I wish that hadn't happened!

Oh, well, on to the next one! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Doing the right thing for the host/bride will pay off in the long run.

Absolutely my feeling - I just needed to vent a little bit. The host told me as I left "I still have two single sons" so I'm sure she'll call me again and I like working with her. My heart goes out to her son and her entire family but as she also said, "better before the wedding than after".

Unfortunately, these things happen. Sorry you lost out on a big show, but maintaining excellent customer service will grow your business.

One follow-up on this. The host has offered to pay me for my mileage but I feel bad accepting it under the circumstances. What would you do?

I think she would be most grateful if you didn't take it. It's nice of her to offer. I would just take the mileage as a business expense. But of course up to you.

Tough situation for everyone. Personally, I would say 'no thank you, kind of you to offer' to the host for her reimbursement offer. This isn't anything she saw coming and she's such a good customer for you, she'll appreciate you even more! With that many orders, she may have a decent show anyway and contacting the customers personally to see if they still want to place their personal orders will be good customer service too. Good luck!

Update - I told my host not to worry about reimbursing me for gas and she said she would feel very bad if she didn't give me something and sent me a check for $40. In addition, we will be closing her show this week with over $300 in guest sales between the people who were at the shower that wanted things for them and a couple of people I had that we interested in placing an order. I still feel very bad for the family - when she called me a couple of days ago, it was obvious she needed someone to listen while she vented which I was glad to do. Tough situation for her.

Sounds like you were a good friend to her as well as a good consultant-kudos!

What is the story behind "Cancelled Bridal Shower: A Tale of Courage and Disappointment"?

"Cancelled Bridal Shower: A Tale of Courage and Disappointment" is a story of a young woman who had been eagerly anticipating her bridal shower, only to have it cancelled at the last minute due to unforeseen circumstances. Despite feeling disappointed and heartbroken, she musters up the courage to face the situation and finds strength in the support of her loved ones.

Why is this story relevant to Pampered Chef?

This story is relevant to Pampered Chef because it highlights the importance of celebrating special occasions and creating memorable moments with loved ones. As a company that offers high-quality kitchen and cooking products, Pampered Chef helps people come together to prepare and enjoy delicious meals, making moments like bridal showers even more special.

What lessons can be learned from "Cancelled Bridal Shower: A Tale of Courage and Disappointment"?

The main lesson from this story is that even when things don't go as planned, it's important to stay positive and find the courage to face disappointment. It also shows the power of support from friends and family in difficult times.

How does Pampered Chef support events like bridal showers?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen and cooking products that are perfect for hosting bridal showers and other special events. We also have a registry service where brides-to-be can create a wish list of Pampered Chef products to make gift giving easier for their guests.

What can customers do if their bridal shower or other special event gets cancelled?

If a bridal shower or other special event gets cancelled, customers can still make the most of the situation by finding alternative ways to celebrate and create happy memories. They can also reach out to Pampered Chef consultants for ideas and tips on how to make the most out of their products for smaller gatherings or virtual events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • babywings76