1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Host Coaching I dropped the ball on a host!

1. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Okay since the beginning of the year I haven't been as organized as I was before in my business. I just remembered today that I have a catalog show host who I have never contacted!!! She confirmed via voicemail that she wanted to do a catalog show. Now I cannot even remember if I sent her host packet (I think I did because she has a long address and I swear I remember writing it recently)! I am going to call her tonight but not sure what to exactly say. I honestly cannot even remember if it was a February or March show (pretty sure it was March for the new catalog!). I am currently working on getting myself more organized but cannot believe I dropped the bal this bad!

Mar 16, 2009
  2. nldavis321

nldavis321 Member Gold Member

I an excel spread sheet for this reason! lol Name, Address, Host, Type of Show, Start Date, Closing Date, Packet sent, 1st call, etc.....

It really helps!!!

Sounds like you have a plan in place. Contact her tonight and tell her you were just checking in. Honesty really is the best policy. Let her know you have been a little scattered and apologize for not contacting her sooner. She will more than likely understand.

Mar 16, 2009
  3. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Do you use it electronically or do you just print one off per month? Do you mind posting it? I currently use the HO Host information sheet but I find myself using those less and less so something that would have just the generic information on it may work better.

Mar 16, 2009
  4. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

I personally just started doing the Power Hour System but the host checklist that I got when I purchased the kit didn't work well for me so I made a new one. I will attach it here and if it helps anyone that is great. Also, let me know if you find something that would improve it - I always love suggestions.

On the same note, I totally dropped a catalog show host recently myself. And I mean totally. The receptionist at my sons pediatricians office said she would take a catalog and see what she could do and I gave it to her in mid-January. last week I was driving through that town on my way out of town for a funeral (I don't go through that town often) and it hit me that I never got back in touch with her. I picked up the phone and called her right then. I apologized over and over and told her I would give her a cookbook as an extra bonus if she still had orders. She wasn't upset and had had a death in the family that had put her off a little while herself. Anyway, she has some orders and I am collecting them today. Don't know how much it is but honesty is definately the best policy. And I won't make that mistake again. It was a learning experience. At the same time, she is the first host I have every forgotten in over 10 years so I don't feel like I'm a complete failure.

Attached Files:

Mar 16, 2009
  5. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

Sharon I love it!

Mar 16, 2009
  6. caraighan

caraighan Member Gold Member

I would love to have that excel spreadsheet! I've been trying to come up with something like that.
    do you think you could share it with me?
    thanks!

Mar 16, 2009
  7. PCMelissa

PCMelissa Member Gold Member

WOW, love, love, love this sheet! Thank you for sharing!!

Mar 16, 2009
Have something to add?