• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Forget My Catalog Show Host?!

In summary, the expert summarizer has been struggling with being more organized this year and has misplaced a catalog show host. They have a plan in place to contact the host tonight and apologize for not contacting them sooner. They use the excel spreadsheet to keep track of their shows and hosts.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Okay since the beginning of the year I haven't been as organized as I was before in my business. I just remembered today that I have a catalog show host who I have never contacted!!! She confirmed via voicemail that she wanted to do a catalog show. Now I cannot even remember if I sent her host packet (I think I did because she has a long address and I swear I remember writing it recently)! I am going to call her tonight but not sure what to exactly say. I honestly cannot even remember if it was a February or March show (pretty sure it was March for the new catalog!). I am currently working on getting myself more organized but cannot believe I dropped the bal this bad!

I an excel spread sheet for this reason! lol Name, Address, Host, Type of Show, Start Date, Closing Date, Packet sent, 1st call, etc.....It really helps!!!Sounds like you have a plan in place. Contact her tonight and tell her you were just checking in. Honesty really is the best policy. Let her know you have been a little scattered and apologize for not contacting her sooner. She will more than likely understand.

nldavis321 said:
I an excel spread sheet for this reason! lol Name, Address, Host, Type of Show, Start Date, Closing Date, Packet sent, 1st call, etc.....

It really helps!!!

Sounds like you have a plan in place. Contact her tonight and tell her you were just checking in. Honesty really is the best policy. Let her know you have been a little scattered and apologize for not contacting her sooner. She will more than likely understand.

Do you use it electronically or do you just print one off per month? Do you mind posting it? I currently use the HO Host information sheet but I find myself using those less and less so something that would have just the generic information on it may work better.

I personally just started doing the Power Hour System but the host checklist that I got when I purchased the kit didn't work well for me so I made a new one. I will attach it here and if it helps anyone that is great. Also, let me know if you find something that would improve it - I always love suggestions.

On the same note, I totally dropped a catalog show host recently myself. And I mean totally. The receptionist at my sons pediatricians office said she would take a catalog and see what she could do and I gave it to her in mid-January. last week I was driving through that town on my way out of town for a funeral (I don't go through that town often) and it hit me that I never got back in touch with her. I picked up the phone and called her right then. I apologized over and over and told her I would give her a cookbook as an extra bonus if she still had orders. She wasn't upset and had had a death in the family that had put her off a little while herself. Anyway, she has some orders and I am collecting them today. Don't know how much it is but honesty is definately the best policy. And I won't make that mistake again. It was a learning experience. At the same time, she is the first host I have every forgotten in over 10 years so I don't feel like I'm a complete failure.

Attachments

• Host Coaching Checklist (word97).doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 471
nldavis321 said:
I an excel spread sheet for this reason! lol Name, Address, Host, Type of Show, Start Date, Closing Date, Packet sent, 1st call, etc.....

It really helps!!!

Sounds like you have a plan in place. Contact her tonight and tell her you were just checking in. Honesty really is the best policy. Let her know you have been a little scattered and apologize for not contacting her sooner. She will more than likely understand.

I would love to have that excel spreadsheet! I've been trying to come up with something like that.
do you think you could share it with me?
thanks!

WOW, love, love, love this sheet! Thank you for sharing!!

1. How can I make up for dropping the ball on a host's party?

Don't worry, it happens to the best of us! The best way to make up for it is to reach out to your host and sincerely apologize. Offer to reschedule the party or provide them with a special discount or free gift to show your appreciation for their understanding.

2. Is it possible to still have a successful party even if I dropped the ball?

Absolutely! It might take a little extra effort, but with some creative planning, you can still have a successful party. Consider hosting a virtual party or offering a special promotion to make up for the inconvenience.

3. What should I do if the host is upset about me dropping the ball?

First, apologize and take responsibility for your mistake. Then, try to understand their perspective and see if there is a way to make things right. It's important to communicate openly and find a solution that works for both parties.

4. How can I prevent dropping the ball on a host's party in the future?

To avoid this situation in the future, make sure to keep track of all your party bookings and set reminders for yourself. It's also a good idea to have a backup plan in case something unexpected comes up.

5. Will dropping the ball on a host's party affect my business with Pampered Chef?

While it's never ideal to drop the ball on a host, it's important to remember that mistakes happen. As long as you handle the situation professionally and make amends with the host, it should not have a significant impact on your business. Learn from the experience and use it as motivation to be more organized and prepared in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • ashleypc