• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Don't Mean to Seem Ungrateful

In summary, Crimany- having 16+ years of management experience, 18+ years of sales experience, and no prior insurance or real estate experience seems to be a deterrent for most companies when searching for a new employee. She has also applied for a job at the Mall of America at the Godiva Store and Blue Cross- which she is hopeful for success.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
:( But why is it that EVERY time I update my resume on Monster.com or Careerbuilder.com, the only inquiries I get to my resume are for Insurance Sales or Real Estate Sales?:grumpy:

Crimany- I have 16+ years of management experience, and not assistant management, but actual head honcho. (not trying to offend assistant managers- mine were invaluable to me and I adored all of them-except one)

I have 18+ years of sales experience and customer service experience. No where on my resume is there a listing of a prior insurance or real estate job.

Are those the only companies that troll those job sites? UGH!

I've gotten 15 emails in the past 2 days all for insurance sales, or branch management of a CitiFinancial (they've been trying to recruit me since 1998) or Real Estate.

Where are the jobs I want?

Has this ever happened to any of you? Am I doing something wrong? I miss the old days when you found a job in the paper, or a sign in the window, you went in with your resume, filled out an application, and insisted on an interview. That took less time and I got better results!

Hang in there girl, it's okay! Yes, it's happened but don't worry God already has the perfect job for you. Stay strong and he will reward you for your faithfulness!:angel:
On another note, how many threads can you start today???? J/K! you know I love ya!;)

Most companies I've worked for would never use Monster to find someone...those maybe the only companies that do! LOL!

MissChef said:
Hang in there girl, it's okay! Yes, it's happened but don't worry God already has the perfect job for you. Stay strong and he will reward you!:angel:
On another note, how many threads can you start today???? J/K! you know I love ya!;)

She's trying to catch up with the rest of us!

Or how about when you apply for a position where the job description looks like it was written using your resume for a template - and they never contact you at all?I would think when your resume matches the description perfectly that they'd have the courtesy to send a letter that says, "We got your resume. Now kindly drop dead." But they don't even do that.

Kitchen Diva said:
:( But why is it that EVERY time I update my resume on Monster.com or Careerbuilder.com, the only inquiries I get to my resume are for Insurance Sales or Real Estate Sales?:grumpy:

Thats what everyone gets. :p That and alot of temp agencies and telemarketing emails...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Or how about when you apply for a position where the job description looks like it was written using your resume for a template - and they never contact you at all?

I would think when your resume matches the description perfectly that they'd have the courtesy to send a letter that says, "We got your resume. Now kindly drop dead." But they don't even do that.

Boy KG, sounds like personal experience...ouch!

I agree though, if you put an ad out, you owe SOME type of response to ALL the applicants...

Have you looked here at all Kacey?http://www.jobs.net/Minnesota.htm

MissChef said:
Hang in there girl, it's okay! Yes, it's happened but don't worry God already has the perfect job for you. Stay strong and he will reward you for your faithfulness!:angel:

Can you tell that being home is NOT having a positive effect on me! LOL I apparently have WAY too much to chat about, don't I. I'm making up for weeks of not starting a thread, and days of not posting something....:D

Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. :)
janetupnorth said:
Have you looked here at all Kacey?

http://www.jobs.net/Minnesota.htm

Yes, I have, thanks! :) I have applied for a Store Manager position at the Mall of America at the Godiva Store. I'm not sure that I want to go back to Retail- but desperate times call for doing things you might not want to do.

I also applied for a job at Blue Cross- it's not management, but the pay is fair, and the benefits are awesome and it is close to home and the hours are flexible.

I also applied for a few customer service jobs with various companies through temp agencies that are posting on various sites.

There is a website out there that gaters job listings from EVERY source out there and puts it all on one site. I look there. It's called http://www.indeed.com

Thanks for the info, Janet

janetupnorth said:
Boy KG, sounds like personal experience...ouch!

I agree though, if you put an ad out, you owe SOME type of response to ALL the applicants...
Decades of it.

I don't mind not getting a reply to an unsolicited resume, but having been in a place where we ran an ad and have hundreds of responses, I can understand many of the respondents not getting a reply. Still, there are always several good ones - cream rises to the top. Why those are not given even a "drop dead" response is something I'll never understand.

Why would I want to work for a company that doesn't even acknowledge my reply to their ad?

janetupnorth said:
Most companies I've worked for would never use Monster to find someone...those maybe the only companies that do! LOL!

That's good to know. Maybe I'll think about paying this one networking and job posting website to post my resume. They actually have decent jobs posted on there, and it might be worth the $20.00 to get it out there...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Or how about when you apply for a position where the job description looks like it was written using your resume for a template - and they never contact you at all?

I would think when your resume matches the description perfectly that they'd have the courtesy to send a letter that says, "We got your resume. Now kindly drop dead." But they don't even do that.

That has happened to me quite a bit. I'll be reading the job description and it's almost as if they stole verbage from my own resume!

When I was in need of hiring additional staff, I ALWAYS sent out a letter so people knew we got their resume. I also sent out a postcard if we didn't choose them, but in the state of MN if you meet the minimum requirements by law you HAVE to interview that candidate. So I wasted a lot of time interviewing people that althugh they met the requirements, they were not suitable material.

Kitchen Diva said:
That's good to know. Maybe I'll think about paying this one networking and job posting website to post my resume. They actually have decent jobs posted on there, and it might be worth the $20.00 to get it out there...

Or find a good headhunter to work with... ;)

I don't get that either, KG!I think real estate people troll Monster ... I recently heard about someone in Florida who has been an agent for months and JUST NOW sold a house! Can you imagine going that long between paychecks?But oh wow, Kacey, thank you for the link! I saw several public relations jobs in the Akron area, including one that looks pretty promising. (There's also a local bank with a similar opening, but there's the matter of not knowing folks in the Radio/TV world ... and the pesky conflict with their collections department that caused me to walk away from them ...)

You are welcome for that link- they have quite a lot on there, and also quite a few ways to search. You can type in "all jobs" in a certain city, or whatever- read their search tips and you'll be amazed at what you'll learn!

I like the "salary estimator." Didn't know you could search that way for jobs under $100K. I don't need much, but more than double minimum wage (which is the equivalent of what I'm making now) would be needed if I were to bother moving on.

Sometimes I'm full of helpful information. Sometimes I'm just full of fluff!

That's a lot better than what people accuse me of being full of.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That's a lot better than what people accuse me of being full of.
;)

I don't think you are full of crap KG- you shouldn't be so hard on yourself! LOL;)

Kitchen Diva said:
;)

I don't think you are full of crap KG- you shouldn't be so hard on yourself! LOL;)

If he was, he would need those bars Becky recommended this a.m. to loosen up! ;)

janetupnorth said:
If he was, he would need those bars Becky recommended this a.m. to loosen up! ;)

ROFLMBO! too funny! Maybe we could mail one to him? :)

Uuuugggghhhhh!!!!!!:mad: :grumpy: :cry: :mad: :grumpy: :cry:

Okay I got another email a few minutes ago with ANOTHER insurance type company that saw my resume on Careerbuilder.com

I will never post my resume on Monster or Careerbuilder again- I can't believe the drivel that comes your way- not one solid or realistic position has been emailed to me. Especially considering I don't have an insurance background.

UGH! I know it's free to post your resume on there- but come on people....I ROCK- I don't sell insurance and I don't want to be a Real Estate agent, what part of Customer Service based Manager makes you think I'm only interested in Insurance sales?

Okay end of rant. I'm off to read a book and see who wins American Idol- like I care...since they booted Carly off the show I've lost my desire to watch it!

The best man won ....

Take heart. Indeed even is a bit off in their searches ... I enter "public relations" and get jobs like "public service director ...." I don't know nothin' bout pavin' no roads!

Di_Can_Cook said:
The best man won ....

Take heart. Indeed even is a bit off in their searches ... I enter "public relations" and get jobs like "public service director ...." I don't know nothin' bout pavin' no roads!

Read their tips on achieving better search results. You may have to type in "Public Relations not public service director"

When I was looking for receptionist jobs it pulled up a lot of executive secretary jobs- which I know I'm not qualified for, so I typed in "receptionst not secretary" and that helpled immensley!

I have the same Insurance companies contacting me.:thumbdown:

janetupnorth said:

I bought one today and it was to DIE for! Oh my- moist, soft, yummy, and FULL of flavor!!!!!

MaryLou said:
I have the same Insurance companies contacting me.:thumbdown:

Today went a little better- someone from Slumberland Furniture contacted me. I told them I wasn't interested in furniture sales- but thanked him...

Kitchen Diva said:
Today went a little better- someone from Slumberland Furniture contacted me. I told them I wasn't interested in furniture sales- but thanked him...

You did better than me, I haven't had any contacts today. I hate job hunting...I hate, hate, hate it.

1. What is "I Don't Mean to Seem Ungrateful" and how does it relate to Pampered Chef?

"I Don't Mean to Seem Ungrateful" is a phrase commonly used in the Pampered Chef community to express gratitude while also acknowledging the desire for a different product or service. It is often used when receiving a gift or attending a party, and reflects the high quality and variety of products and services offered by Pampered Chef.

2. Can I exchange or return a product that I received as a gift?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a generous return and exchange policy for gifts. If you received a product as a gift and would like to exchange it for a different item or return it for a refund, you can contact our customer service team for assistance.

3. How can I politely ask for a different product or service without seeming ungrateful?

We understand that everyone has different preferences and needs, and we welcome open and honest communication from our customers. You can use the phrase "I Don't Mean to Seem Ungrateful" to express your appreciation while also mentioning your desire for a different product or service. Our team will do our best to accommodate your request.

4. Are there any tips for using "I Don't Mean to Seem Ungrateful" in a party setting?

Absolutely! Our consultants are trained to handle all types of situations during parties, including when a guest expresses their gratitude while also mentioning their desire for a different product or service. We encourage our consultants to listen attentively and offer solutions, such as hosting a future party or using our convenient online ordering system.

5. Is "I Don't Mean to Seem Ungrateful" a trademarked phrase of Pampered Chef?

Yes, "I Don't Mean to Seem Ungrateful" is a registered trademark of Pampered Chef. We take pride in this phrase as it reflects our commitment to providing exceptional products and services while also valuing the opinions and preferences of our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefinski
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • Chefgirl2
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • Jolie_Paradoxe