• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Did the Site Change? I Don't Like the New Set-Up

old for all this new-fangled computer stuff!!The side bar can be moved to the right side of the screen, but it is not currently being considered as a priority. I am not sure what happened to your account, but I am sorry that you are experiencing issues.
cakepampered
Sorry, I must be honest, I don't like the new set-up for this site. I am finding it very annoying. I hate the fact that this "side thing on the right" is there. I have to keep moving the scrowl bar to see what is on the screen. I hate this, AND I hate the fact that I have to sign in every time I click on to this site. How come my screen name gets wiped out every time I leave? Why the big change? :( :mad: :confused:

It kills me that every time I get used to something good it has to be tossed out in favor of "new and improved" -- perhaps this time it wasn't such a good idea to improve.

I agree with you. I really don't care for the side bar. However I do appreciate the chefsucess always looking for ways to improve this site for us. I am sure they are only trying to think of ways to improve.
It is kind of a pain to have to move the bar to see what is on the right. But I do not have to sign in everytime. That just might be a problem with your computer. Try saving in your favorites.

If you are using IE 6 and have cookies enabled it should log you in automaticly. As far as the side bar, what screen resolution are you using? 800x600? I check with 1024x768 which is a popular screen size and it didn't scroll.

Sorry Greg, You know way more than me about computers. I have no clue what you are talking about. haha. All I know is that the side bar is new and it is a bit of a pain.

luvs2sellit said:
Sorry Greg, You know way more than me about computers. I have no clue what you are talking about. haha. All I know is that the side bar is new and it is a bit of a pain.

Ok, why is new bad and what is it that makes the sidebar a pain?

It's not that it is new, it is the fact that I have to move my screen over to view the whole thing. Don't get me wrong. You do a great job!!!! Just expressing my opinion about the side bar. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this site.

I'm working on the scrolling problem, was not aware of it since I use a really high screen size. There might be some weird layout changes while I tinker around.

Check your screen resolution...To check your screen resolution under windows go to the Start tab on the lower left corner. Click on Settings, then Control Panel. Double click on display, go to the Settings tab. You will see a spot that says Screen Resolution. If the scroll bar is not all the way to the right on 1024x768, move it there. Click on the Apply button. That should end the need for the scroll bar on the bottom.

Robin
Independant Kitchen Consultant #443063
www.pamperedchef.biz/RobinKrest

Thanks Greg. And sorry I don't know more about computers. But I do think others were having this issue. But if having to move the bar over a little is my biggest problem of the day then I'm ok.

Screen Resolution and Poor eye sight!I have to wear glasses. When I worked for Gateway Computers, my optometrist suggested that I use a smaller screen resolution so that things appeared larger on screen. It is supposed to cut down on eye strain. I LOVE this site. It's a great help for us newbies, I know, but I too don't like it when things get moved around alot. I normally check the site a couple of times a day and don't have a lot of time so I just click NEW POSTS. When it was moved I couldn't find it for a while. But now that's not a problem anymore. Just wished the left side bar could be moved to the top of the screen so that those of us that choose to have a smaller resolution didn't have to scroll over so much.

Thanks so much!! Otherwise this site is the BOMB and I Love it!! GREAT JOB Greg!!

Yes Greg, the site is fabulous!

But that side thing.... can it be moved to the right side of the screen? Or, better yet, to the top as another poster said? With age I have to have everything that I read sort of LARGE... making the print smaller just wouldn't be good for my eyes. As far as the sign-in thing, I have been using Chefsuccess since January and up until last week it always remembered my name. What happened?? I guess that I'm getting too old for sudden change.

Greg,

WOW! I love that you are right here trying to accommodate all of us! Where else could we get this kind of service other than PC Home Office??

I too am having to sign in everytime I log on all of a sudden. Even though I have the "Remember Me" box checked it still won't remember me. LOL

Thank you for telling us how to change resolution. My boss kept asking me why his computer was different than mine when we have almost the same size screen. You just fixed 2 problems for me instead of 1. Thanks so much.

Debbie :) :) :)

I don't have to log in each time I come to the website. For some reason every so often it makes me do it. Strange! Also, I have my screen resolution on 1024x768 and I still have to slide the little bar at the bottom over to the right side of this screen here to see the full posts. I'm not sure why that is if that was supposed to take care of the problem.

Like an earlier post said, if that's the worst part of my day, then I'm doing pretty good! :)

I'm a 'new posts' junkie, myself, and now that I've found it, I'm ok, but I also have a problem with the left search bar. My screen is jumping around all the time. I love the idea, could it fit somewhere else?
Thanks Greg!!

Again, THANKS Greg for all you do to make this site great!!

I do have to agree that life would be easier if you moved that side bar to the other side. I personally don't want to see it at the top because we're already scrolling down a lot with all this great information that we're all sharing!!

I check this site on two different computers. On my laptop I do not have to scroll but on my husband's desktop (which I dare not adjust) I do have to scroll and things jump around.

I do have two other issues:

1. I like to go through the site to see the newest posts and when I have changed the color of the icons and nothings bold I know that I've seen the latest but if I've been off for a few days or a week some of them show as if I had read them. I would like them to stay marked until I get to them.

2. Under the heading "Business Tips" you have a section at the top with tips that usually don't pertain to many of us in Pampered Chef. I do look at them occasionally but since I'm not usually interested I usually just click out. The icon stays blue though so I think there's a new post by a consultant that I might want to see. Can you fix that?

Hey, "Greg the Great"

I wanted to print a great idea someone had, but the bar on the left wanted to be included, so that cut off words on the right. What can I click to print just a post?

Thanks,
Ann the Amazingly Ignorant

Ann F said:
Hey, "Greg the Great"

I wanted to print a great idea someone had, but the bar on the left wanted to be included, so that cut off words on the right. What can I click to print just a post?

Thanks,

Hey Ann,

I'm not Greg the Great, but I can help. Just highlight what you want to print. Then go to File, Print, and choose Selection. It will only print the part you highlighted.

Nora

Ann F said:
Hey, "Greg the Great"

Thanks,

You can also click the thread tools dropdown at the top of this thread and select "show printable version".

Greg Bernhardt said:
You can also click the thread tools dropdown at the top of this thread and select "show printable version".
WOW!! That is so cool!

Thanks Greg!

Hey, it looks like we don't have to scroll across anymore!!! Thanks Greg! At least I don't have to anymore on my computer. That makes it SOOO much easier to view things. Thanks for all the work you do on this great website. We LOVE it!!

Yoo Hoo!!Dear Greg;

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I love not having to scroll anymore! This is more like it! :)

1. Why did Pampered Chef change the set-up?

Pampered Chef is always looking for ways to improve and enhance the cooking and entertaining experience for our customers. We listened to feedback and made changes to make the set-up more user-friendly and efficient.

2. I was used to the old set-up, how can I adjust to the new one?

We understand that change can be difficult, but we believe that once you get used to the new set-up, you will find it to be more intuitive and easier to use. We also have resources available, such as tutorials and customer support, to help you make a smooth transition.

3. Will my old products still work with the new set-up?

Yes, all of our products are designed to work with both the old and new set-ups. You will not need to replace any of your existing Pampered Chef items.

4. Can I still purchase the old set-up?

Unfortunately, the old set-up is no longer available for purchase. However, we are confident that you will love the new set-up just as much, if not more, than the old one.

5. How can I provide feedback about the new set-up?

We value our customers' opinions and would love to hear your feedback on the new set-up. You can contact our customer service team or leave a review on our website. Your feedback helps us continue to improve and provide the best products for our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies