• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Frustrations at Work: My Experience with a Neglectful Director

In summary, your director is enjoying her business success without informing you of the changes. You're not alone in feeling frustrated and left out.
d&w
I am still at a loss here. I recently posted about my director just leaving me and received some great ideas from you all. I am just so frustrated at this point I am just ready to give up. I talked with my recruiter who is also my director and let her know that I had been here and heard that others are having cluster meetings and such. She informed me that she does have meetings for those who live around her. She lives about 1 to 1 1/2 hours away from me. I have never been informed of such meetings because I live so far away...I drive 4 hours one way to work (I work 3 12 hour shifts and then drive 4 hours home.) I have done shows 2 hours away. She knows all of that. Then I have started a step up class with her. We set dates and times for our classes. She was very upset that one of the gals that was taking the class did not call in nor did she inform my director that she would not be there. Now my problem is that for the past 2 weeks we have not had these classes. I did not get a phone call or an e-mail from her. When I tried to contact her via e-mail there was no response. When I tried to phone her I reached the answering machine with no return phone call. I was so upset with her that I wrote her a kind of nasty e-mail letting her know that I didn't feel I deserved that kind of disrespect. She immediately replied to that one. She said she was having FUN with her business and just neglected all other responsibilities along with telling me that I needed to gain more bookings. She then sent me a PS e-mail letting me knowshe was having so much fun with her business, having done 6,000 in sales since March 1 and have 90 brides for the registry. Also that her business was hers and mine was mine. I am happy for her with the success of her business, that is not my point. My point is that she had a commitment with me and didn't have enough respect for me to let me know that she was going to be unavailable. She tells me that I can always ask her for suggestions and for ideas. But in reality she tells me that I am basically on my own. She created her business without being hand held. I didn't think that asking why classes were cancelled without any response from her was asking to be hand held. Am I taking this too personally. Her last statement to me was she would order the entire class and I could do it by myself. I suggested that she contact HO and let them give me a hospitality director...she didn't see the need in that. Any suggestions on how to handle this...I don't want to leave PC but I don't need this either. :confused:

Maybe you can contact the HO yourself--call Field Services directly--and ask for a Hospitality Director.

There is no reason why your director should be treating you that way.

DebbieJ said:
Maybe you can contact the HO yourself--call Field Services directly--and ask for a Hospitality Director.

There is no reason why your director should be treating you that way.

Try your upline director also. and when and if you contact the home office let them know what is happening with your director. I wish you luck

Kay

I am so sorry!First I want to say that I am sorry you are being treated that way by someone who represents PC. That is a horrible way to treat someone who is new to PC and seeking help. There are many times that my director is frustrated because there are only about 7 faithful consultants who attend her meetings every month. The meetings are wonderful and so encouraging. My director is friendly, helpful and fun!! Each meeting is so full of great ideas, tips, recognition, recipes, etc...it's a shame your director is flauting her success without giving you any help with your business.

True your business is yours and mine is mine but for heaven's sake that just means we each run our business as we see fit and do what works for us in PC. That doesn't mean you're on your own. I am so glad you are on this forum. I hope we can help you with encouragement, support, recognition and YES get on the phone with the HO and ask for a hospitality director. It will be worth it. Don't give up on PC because of some rude, self centered person. Never let someone else take control of what you want to do. Do this for you and for whatever other reasons you do PC. That's what's important!! Your family, your friends, your customers and YOU!!

On a lighter note....WOW driving that far for shows!! :eek: You are very committed and I commend you on that. I drove 3 1/2 hours Sat. to deliver boxes that were delivered to me for a catalog show and I can't imagine going back for a show. It was fun and all with my hubby but it's so far!! I would go if it was a big show!! :p There are no PC consultants out there so it's a little gold mine, I might just try to recruit someone in particular, but maybe I can just hold a show once a month. We'll see!! :D
Debbie

DebbieSAChef said:
On a lighter note....WOW driving that far for shows!! :eek: You are very committed and I commend you on that. I drove 3 1/2 hours Sat. to deliver boxes that were delivered to me for a catalog show and I can't imagine going back for a show. It was fun and all with my hubby but it's so far!! I would go if it was a big show!! :p There are no PC consultants out there so it's a little gold mine, I might just try to recruit someone in particular, but maybe I can just hold a show once a month. We'll see!! :D
Debbie

I drive 3.5 hours one way for shows! I had one last month that was my biggest show yet and another one at the end of this month! Plus I have 5 recruit leads from this one set of women. Now I just need to get one of them signed and I'll be a FD and won't have to drive that far anymore!

Concerning your director, CALL HO! She's not what Doris would want representing her company. She founded this company on Christian morals and this lady is about as far from that as you can get without committing a MORTAL sin, in my opinion. I'd just email her and let her know what you just stated to us and then tell her that you are contacting HO for a hospitality director and she could help you or not.

The only thing is SHE has to send your information to the hospitality director so you can get recognition at your meetings! :( Unfortunately, to be completely rid of her, you'd have to go inactive for 1 full year and resign under a NEW director and purchase a new kit. :mad: I feel in situations such as this there should be something that HO could do to help alevate the problem.

Last edited:
Hang In There!I basically am going through the same thing, but my recruiter lives 2 blocks away, but I have not spoke to her for 3 months. I spent my last 2 super starter months walking around ready to quit at any minute. I only had 1 party in Dec. & 3 in Nov. except 1 had to cancel because everyone she was inviting was going to my recuiters parties...who had 12 just in the month of Nov. We live on a small Island, but she has small children & is involved in EVERYTHING...what I am most upset about is the fact that she made it look like the streets were paved with parties, so I just feel like I got shafted so bad. Also I feel like I was self taught, through the help of sites like this. Even when I was speaking to her she was never there...always involved with something else. I tried going to cluster meetings & when I asked questions it seemed that my director just blew me off, then again she is really so full of herself. But through all of this I am so determined to make it work that I feel I can really do it. Bottom line just believe in yourself & things will happen. :)

thanks to you allI want to thank you all for your support! It means a lot to me. I am going to contact HO myself and also send the emails that she sent me to Doris. I will figure out something. I really do love PC and what it stands for. That is the whole reason I joined. I love the products and have faith in the concept of the company. I will let you all know what I find out. Again thank you for helping me. :)

Good Luck and please keep us posted. I don't know what I would have done without the support of my cluster, especially when I was starting out. Hugs to you!

That was just aweful!I can't imagine being treated that way. True her business is her business and yours is yours but she didn't complain about any incentive she received from recruiting you. You think she would have at least shared with you how she became that successful. 90 registries is awesome! I would definately call HO. If you need help you certainly came to the right place. Everyone here is so helpful. :D

Wow, please let us know how it goes after you call HO! I can't imagine being treated that way.

Distance is no excuseThere is no excuse for the way that you are being treated. My director lives in Virginia but she has consultants in Washington, California, Virginia plus 4 or 5 in Japan. She makes regular calls to all of us. Emails encouragment and important information all the time. She schedules regular conference calls within her cluster and makes sure that we know when the tele-conferences are going to be. I actually went inactive for a year but when I decided to get back into PC I made sure that I went with her again. I knew I probably wouldn't see her for years but I also knew that distance wouldn't effect her support and training.

I hope you get into a great Hospitality Group that treats you with respect and appreciates your talent and dedication.

Consultants must be ready...There are many consultants out there who recruit left and right, and when they do bravo for them, but also they must be ready to take on the responsibility of becoming a director someday.
For myself PC is a hobby, I would never turn away a recruit, but I know that if it ever rains recruits and everyone wants to sign up, I will be sure to help them as much as possible.
Racking up big sales, recruiting, and walking across stage is a wonderful privelage and so exciting!!
But along with becoming a director and so forth, comes the duty of having cluster meetings, motivating others, encouraging consultants when they are down, and feeling genuinely happy for others when they are doing well.

I am a motivater, I love to share ideas, I love to help others, I would definitely be there with my recruit every step of the way even though my director is awesome and tells us all the time, you recruit, I do all the work!!!That's just the way I was created. Not everyone is the same. So be sure to sign up with someone you can really depend on, and someone who really cares!! Someone who will benefit your business and take the time to help you out!!
Just my opinion!!
Debbie

thanks for all your supportI want to thank everyone here for the support you have been giving me. I called HO and was told that I must go through my director for a hospitality director. After explaining everything, I still need to go through her. I have tried to contact her several times but I received no response. I will more than likely talk with my husband and pray about the situation. I really feel bummed right now. :mad: I will just have to leave in the Lords hands and follow His lead. I am sure I will succeed with or without her and PC. Thanks once again.

If you cannot get a hold of your director, call your upline. She should be able to help.

1. What is the "I Don't Know What to Do" product?

The "I Don't Know What to Do" product is a versatile tool that can be used for various food preparation tasks in the kitchen. It is made of high-quality materials and has a sleek design that makes it easy to use and clean.

2. What are the different ways I can use the "I Don't Know What to Do" product?

The "I Don't Know What to Do" product can be used for slicing, dicing, chopping, and mincing a wide range of ingredients such as vegetables, fruits, herbs, and even nuts. It can also be used for crushing garlic, making breadcrumbs, and even cutting through tougher foods like cheese or meat.

3. Is the "I Don't Know What to Do" product dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "I Don't Know What to Do" product is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand-washing it with warm soapy water and drying it thoroughly to maintain its longevity and sharpness.

4. Can I use the "I Don't Know What to Do" product on a cutting board?

Yes, the "I Don't Know What to Do" product is safe to use on a cutting board. Its sturdy design and sharp blades make it perfect for cutting through various ingredients on a cutting board without causing any damage to the surface.

5. Is the "I Don't Know What to Do" product covered by a warranty?

Yes, the "I Don't Know What to Do" product is covered by a limited lifetime warranty. This means that if there are any defects in materials or workmanship, we will replace the product or parts for free. Please refer to our warranty policy for more details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • melissa3026
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ahammons