• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organizing Recipe/Info Cards: Tips for Keeping Track of Product Information

In summary, Trish recommends keeping all of her recipe cards in a plastic recipe box and using Dollar General's plastic "coupon" envelopes to organize them. Jeanie Gay suggests taking the cards to shows to make sure everyone knows how to use them and to help people with questions.
rennea
Gold Member
I don't know what to do with all the recipe/info cards that come with PC products. Does anybody have any good ideas on how to keep them organized? I seem to have them everywhere and can never find the one that I need. :D

I keep all of mine in a plastic recipe box ($1.00 at Walmart) and they are always handy.

Dollar General has some plastic "coupon" envelopes, with green, pink, yellow or blue tops. I like to use these because they take up little space.

Trish
Wave 1

I have 2 of those recipe boxes, I use those (I have alot of PC items)

I keep mine in the recipe binder that they discontinued. It is over flowing, so I ordered refill packages before they are gone too!

Where to keep recipesI keep mine in a photo album. In alphabetical order.:)

How do you alphbetize them? According to product name, or recipe name?

I haven't separated them - and some are in brochure form, the old way... not postcard form so I can't separate them by recipe...
I have mine with all the stoneware together, then chillzanne together, etc... but I have to flip through there in order to find anything.
Really, all of those are on the website... if we ever needed them. My director doesn't keep hers.

I have several in a kitchen drawer too... they're everywhere!! I have almost everything in the catalog too... and then some...

I have mine in an accordion file and SOMEDAY I will organize them!! For now...I just keep sticking them in there!! LOL!!!

Have a Pampered Day!!

I keep them "just in case" I guess. I keep my RFC in the dining room in a PC tote, so in case I have any questions, I don't have to go through my recipe boxes and look for the card. I have just about everything in the catalog too! I have 2 of the little boxes, and have a-m and then n-z. I try to do it by product name, but then with the stones, I just put them all in the back. I myself have wondered if they just take up room, but then there are the recipes, and I know mine wont fit into my binder, (it is full enough already, getting ready to open up my spare that I bought in Feb.!!) I really wish they would bring those back.

I put mine in a photo album that holds 2 - 4 x 6 picture on one page. I use dividers with the same catagories that Pampered Chef uses. Kitchen Tools, Simple Additions, Classic Stoneware, New Tradition Stoneware, etc.

I take mine to my shows, this way I tell people 'The first thing you do when you receive your PC products and has opened everything up is to READ the Product Use and Care cards. This will let you know about the guarantee and YES all product have at least a one year guarantee and some up to a LIETIME guarantee and so many in between' Then if anyone has a question about one of the products they can just look in the album. It is very organized.

I love the idea of putting them in an album. When I started with PC I was oh so very organized and had everything just so. Now, since life has really happened, they are just all thrown in a drawer in the kitchen!

I put all mine in a large ziplock bag and take them to shows in case there's a question and I need to reference them. They are not in any order, so it does take a few minutes to thumb through them all. Yes, organizing in a file box or photo album would be helpful to me.

Jeanie Gay

whiteyteresa said:
I put mine in a photo album that holds 2 - 4 x 6 picture on one page. I use dividers with the same catagories that Pampered Chef uses. Kitchen Tools, Simple Additions, Classic Stoneware, New Tradition Stoneware, etc.

I take mine to my shows, this way I tell people 'The first thing you do when you receive your PC products and has opened everything up is to READ the Product Use and Care cards. This will let you know about the guarantee and YES all product have at least a one year guarantee and some up to a LIETIME guarantee and so many in between' Then if anyone has a question about one of the products they can just look in the album. It is very organized.

Excellent Idea!!!!

1. How do I organize my recipe and product information cards?

The best way to organize your recipe and product information cards is to create a system that works for you. This could include using a binder with dividers for different categories, a recipe box with labeled tabs, or a digital system such as a recipe app. It's important to keep your cards in a place that is easily accessible and to regularly update and maintain your organization system.

2. Can I use my own categories for organizing my recipe and product information cards?

Absolutely! Your organization system should cater to your specific needs and preferences. Feel free to create your own categories that make sense for you, such as "main dishes", "side dishes", "desserts", and "favorite products". You can also use pre-made category dividers or customize your own.

3. How can I keep my recipe and product information cards from getting damaged?

To prevent damage to your cards, it's important to store them in a dry and cool place. Avoid placing them near heat sources or in direct sunlight. If using a binder or recipe box, consider using protective sheet covers or laminating your cards. For digital systems, be sure to regularly back up your information in case of technical issues.

4. What should I do with old or outdated recipe and product information cards?

If you no longer use a certain product or have updated information for a recipe, it's best to remove these cards from your organization system. You can either discard them or keep them in a separate folder for reference. It's important to regularly declutter and update your cards to avoid confusion and clutter.

5. How can I make the most out of my product information cards?

Product information cards not only provide helpful tips and instructions, but they can also serve as great inspiration for new recipes and ideas. Take advantage of this by keeping your product cards in a visible place, such as on your fridge or in a recipe box on your kitchen counter. This will make it easier to reference and incorporate these products into your cooking and baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Humble Beginnings
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
esavvymom