• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Get Addresses for My Hosts' Invitations?

In summary, the conversation is about the difficulty of obtaining addresses for invitations. Some hosts have incomplete guest lists and others prefer to use alternative methods such as social media or phone calls. There is also a suggestion to provide a special coupon for guests to encourage them to provide their address. The conversation also touches on motivating hosts to invite more guests and the importance of following up with them.
NooraK
Gold Member
So, I decided I would mail invitations for my hosts. I've got the wording down so that I can get them to agree to do so, but the next thing they say is "but I don't know their addresses."

One host (my fundraiser for June) didn't have an issue at all. Another host returned the guest list to me with names, street names and/or cities, but not one single full address. She did get a host packet with postcards because of the timing of my decision, so she is handing those out, too. The third said she has 7 people she know she wants to invite, and has addresses for 5 of them (the fact that she only has 7 on her list is another issue I have to deal with, of course).

What's your response to that? Do you tell them to contact them for the addresses? Do you skip mailing and do e-invitations instead? I'm at a loss for words in this situation.

I've recently concluded that it's not essential to mail an invite to everyone. The host phoning or e-mailing people is much more effective. I tell them that the flyer and mini I send is just a reminder. I've been getting a mish-mash with hosts mailing some, e-mailing/phoning others, and handing out the blank postcards from their host packet to co-workers. I, too, get the "I don't know their address." Some hosts then continue on and phone everyone to invite them and get their address. Others just go with the phoning and e-mailing.

It's the ones who only have 7 people on their list who are the biggest hurdle. Yikes! Most of the time my hosts seem to have 20 people on their invite list and are fine with that. I gently prod them to encourage people to bring guests. Guess I should do more to motivate them.

When I have a host say that to me, I am tell them I have a special coupon that will be mailed to everyone with their invitation. So, when they are calling them on the phone to invite their friends, I have them ask for their address. So far it has seemed to work.

I tell them that FB is a great way to invite people, if they don't have street addresses. I've had a lot of success with FB invitations to parties. I also do the Tammy Stanley thing, and encourage them to keep inviting people up until the day of the party! That has worked too.

Suggest they shoot their friends a quick email or text stating that they are having a get together and need addresses to mail invitations.

You can also give them a script for making phone calls. It would say something similar, like, "Hey Susie, I just wanted to give you a quick call because I'm having a get together and I want to mail you an invitation. Can I get your address?" She gets it and then says "I've got more calls to make so I better get going, let's catch up soon though!"

Too funny, I just had this EXACT thing happen to me not 10 minutes ago. First she tried to change the show date to the next week (sorry, not if I can talk you out of it - I NEED two shows before 5/15!!), then realized that the original date would be fine. I asked her for a guest list with addresses or e-mail addys, and she doesn't have either ("I know where they live, but I don't the actual addresses.") Ok, I can print up the labels and bring the mini-cattys to you at work on Saturday morning. No, we don't really need invitations, I'll just call everybody. E-mail me the shopping list, so I know what to get.I did do the Tammy Stanley thing, and asked if it was a bad time when she answered the phone, to which she replied no. However, the hockey game was on, and she was very obviously trying to hurry me off the phone. She's a former PC consultant, so I'm really hoping she understands the importance of a) inviting EVERYONE, not just placating me by saying she'll make phone calls, and b) actually holding the show and not flaking. I'll have to follow-up with her next week, and hope for the best.

MLinAZ said:
Suggest they shoot their friends a quick email or text stating that they are having a get together and need addresses to mail invitations.

You can also give them a script for making phone calls. It would say something similar, like, "Hey Susie, I just wanted to give you a quick call because I'm having a get together and I want to mail you an invitation. Can I get your address?" She gets it and then says "I've got more calls to make so I better get going, let's catch up soon though!"

LOL....sounds familiar ;)

I think you can have a successful show without sending out 40 mini's, the key is good host coaching. If she gives out the postcards and actually makes reminder calls or even just texts people, then she should probably have a good turnout.

pampchefsarah said:
She's a former PC consultant, so I'm really hoping she understands the importance of a) inviting EVERYONE, not just placating me by saying she'll make phone calls, and b) actually holding the show and not flaking. I'll have to follow-up with her next week, and hope for the best.

In my experience, doing shows with people who are past consultants...there's a reason they're no longer in the biz, kwim? In all my years, the only 2 past hostesses that did great shows and allowed me to coach them and followed what I said were one who was MY former team member and one last month who was just plain terrific.:) All th rest of them...ugh.:grumpy:

Liquid Sky said:
LOL....sounds familiar ;)

Hey, I didn't say *I* wrote the script! I just shared the suggestion LOL

MLinAZ said:
Hey, I didn't say *I* wrote the script! I just shared the suggestion LOL

ROFL...I know....you are hilarious!!!

I have the same issue with "I don't know the addresses". I had been letting this slide and just doing the evites but my sales and attendance has been way down on those shows. This month I really stressed to my hosts how much more successful their show will be if we can send out the mini-catalogs and so far, so good!

1. What do I do if I don't know the addresses of my guests?

If you don't know the addresses of your guests, you can reach out to them via email or phone to ask for their current address. Alternatively, you can also use social media to gather their addresses.

2. Can I still send out invitations if I don't have my guests' addresses?

Yes, you can still send out invitations without your guests' addresses. You can either leave a space for them to fill in their address or ask them to RSVP with their address included.

3. Is it important to have my guests' addresses for my Pampered Chef party?

Having your guests' addresses is important as it allows you to send them invitations, follow up with them after the party, and send them thank you notes. It also helps you keep track of who is attending and who may need reminders.

4. What if some of my guests don't want to share their addresses?

If some of your guests do not want to share their addresses, you can still invite them to the party and ask if they would like to RSVP without providing their address. You can also offer to send the invitation via email or social media instead of through mail.

5. Can I use a guest list template to keep track of my guests' addresses?

Yes, you can use a guest list template to keep track of your guests' addresses. This will help you stay organized and easily access the information when needed. Pampered Chef also offers a guest list template that you can use for your party planning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vhadley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • diradt
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
diradt
Replies