• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated Host - Advice Needed!

In summary, the person tried to schedule a show with the host multiple times and never received a response. They are discouraged because the host has been known to switch dates.
Seamstress
I don't know if this is the place to post my frustration... But I'll give it a try.

I've had a couple of hosts this month that won't return my calls. I have a host to moved her show from the 11th (because she was too busy) to the 25th. I've called her once a day for the last two to three days and haven't gotten a return call from her. I'm a little worried that she may end up canceling. Which I obviously have no control over....

I guess in the end it makes you appreciate the hosts that are excited about their show and return calls. Any advice on how not to get down about these hosts that are just "too" busy?????

I have a 3 strike rule....If I call a host 3 times and hear nothing I will usually wait another 5-7 days before I make the last call saying "I had you booked for the 5th, you have not returned my calls and I have someone who would like to have a show on that day. Please give me a call back so that we can plan your show or I can let another host have that date." I have always gotten a response from the host and of the few times I have done this 1 of the hosts canceled, 1 turned to a catalog show, and one has put me off indefinately. You might want to try to do a catalog or internet show with this host.

Also, the way I look at these hosts are that they are not worth my time, effort, money or emotions. I try to turn all of that energy into a postitive by trying to get another show.

Seamstress~

Can you leave a message? Does he/she have e-mail?

Are you talking about the 25th of this month?

I would keep her on a good footing...she may cancel this show...but she may have one, yet!

Let her know that it's ok to say "No" to you.

I would leave a message/e-mail something like the following:
Hi XYZ, this is ZYX, I just wanted to touch base with you about your Pampered Cef Show on the 25th. It seems that you've gotten really busy and I know how that goes. Sometimes...stuff happens.

Since we haven't spoken I don't know if you've had or will have time to invite guests/remind them about it, get recipe ingredients, etc. and would like to help out in any way I can.

But I also don't want to stalk you or anything and completely understand if this is not a good time for you.

Could you please leave a message (send an e-mail) to let me know if you would rather me check back with you in March or April to reschedule because that would be completely fine.

If I don't hear from you, I'll assume everything is under control and will see you on the 25th.​
I would leave the message on his/her voice mail and then send an e-mail, too, saying that you are following up to the voice message you just left.

If you do not hear from her, I'd plan on going to the show.

Wish you well,
Linda K

Do you ...let people know how important it is that they keep their original date when they schedule? When I schedule shows, I tell each host that this is my source of income and I appreciate them scheduling a show. If you act like it is no big deal for a host to continually switch dates, then they will do so. This is not their job so they do not realize how you depend on them holding to their original date.

I also ask them if this date is not going to work for them, to please let me know at least 2 weeks prior so I can fill the date with another host. I often offer an additional amount in free product for my hosts who keep their original show date!

If you treat your host with respect by letting her know the fact of how important it is to hold her original show date, then she will in turn treat you with the respect of holding the date or rescheduling earlier!

I feel for you. I had one person tell me in Dec when I started that they would host for me after the new year.She said she would do it in Feb for sure because I would get double points. I have tried for 2 months to get them to pin down a date and I finally just gave up. I saw her at the recent PTO meeting (she is the Pres) and she never even mentioned it.

Then I have a neighbor that just started with MK (don't ask, I tried to tell her about PC) and I went to her open house, purchased $57 in product then had her do a skin class at my house the following week and purchased another $52 worth of product and now she won't return my calls or emails and she still owes me an eye cream I purchased that she didn't have in stock 2w weeks ago! I ordered some satin hands for my mom from another friends consultant last Friday and I got it yesterday! And she didn't have it in stock either!

Sorry to go off on a tangent.......lol:)

try sending out invitations...I started sending out the invitations for my hosts, and that has really helped with not having cancellations. Not to mention higher guest attendance which equals higher sales!
I get frustrated too when people don't return my calls. Then I remind myself that this isn't THEIR job, it's mine! They probably don't think about PC every day like I do, and I'll just keep leaving them messages. I just say "I know you're a very busy person, but in order to plan a successful show, please return my call as soon as possible..."
Don't give up! :)

re: frustratedI like that 3 strikes rule. Chances are if you can't get you to work with you now, she will probably be just as co-operative after the show.

Another way of making that last call, if you have children is...wait that few days and call her and say "I had you booked for the 5th, you have not returned my calls and I need to make arrangments for my children" They will usually return you call then.

I hope this helps Diane

Don't give up completelyI have learned to not give up completely. Until someone tells me NO, I will keep calling them, but I will let them know that I am giving their date to someone else. I once had a gal who I called every month for over a YEAR. I always got the machine, but I kept calling...with a smile in my voice...and saying "Just trying to touch base with you to schedule our Pampered Chef show!" She finally got in touch with me and scheduled an $600 show...then turned around and had an $800 one three months later. It was no skin off my nose to leave those messages for her. I didn't take it personally..I knew she was busy...so..don't give up completely.

Don't give up completelyI have learned to not give up completely. Until someone tells me NO, I will keep calling them, but I will let them know that I am giving their date to someone else. I once had a gal who I called every month for over a YEAR. I always got the machine, but I kept calling...with a smile in my voice...and saying "Just trying to touch base with you to schedule our Pampered Chef show!" She finally got in touch with me and scheduled an $600 show...then turned around and had an $800 one three months later. It was no skin off my nose to leave those messages for her. I didn't take it personally..I knew she was busy...so..don't give up completely.

Great idea Soonerchef! I will keep this in mind and use it when needed!! Thank you!! :)

1. How can I keep my guests engaged during a Pampered Chef party?

One way to keep your guests engaged during a Pampered Chef party is to plan interactive activities or games throughout the event. This can include recipe demonstrations, taste tests, or even a cooking competition. You can also encourage your guests to ask questions and participate in discussions about the products being featured.

2. What should I do if my guests seem uninterested or disengaged?

If you notice that your guests are becoming uninterested or disengaged, try switching up the activity or introducing a new product. You can also ask for their feedback and suggestions to make the party more enjoyable for them. Additionally, consider providing incentives or rewards for active participation, such as free products or discounts.

3. How can I handle difficult or pushy guests?

If you encounter a difficult or pushy guest, remain calm and professional. Politely but firmly explain that everyone has their own budget and preferences, and it's important to respect that. You can also offer to follow up with them after the party to discuss their needs and concerns in more detail.

4. What can I do to ensure a successful party and maximize sales?

To ensure a successful party and maximize sales, it's important to plan ahead and promote the event to your guests. Consider offering special deals or discounts for those who attend, and make sure to have a variety of products available for all budgets and needs. It's also helpful to have a clear and organized presentation to showcase the products and their benefits.

5. How can I handle a low turn-out for my Pampered Chef party?

If you experience a low turn-out for your Pampered Chef party, don't get discouraged. Instead, try to reach out to your guests individually and remind them about the event. You can also offer the option for virtual parties or online ordering for those who are unable to attend in person. Additionally, consider teaming up with another consultant to co-host the party and increase attendance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Katiek77
  • ivy5683
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies