• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Homeschool Fair Saturday - Dee

In summary, Dee provides a summary of her homeschool fair. She lays out flyers and has a free show with a prize giveaway. She also advertises her services as a consultant.
DeeisPampered
I don't get to post often as with homeschooling 5 children, Church, Pampered Chef, and sewing for plays, and my husbands business I am extremely busy, but I could really use some help.

I have a homeschool fair on Saturday. I know a lot of you out there have done these type of things before and this is my first time. I have had to take some time off from PC for the last 3 months, and have BARELY remained active! I am hoping for this to kick start my business back and help me get remotivated.

What do I take? What do I hand out? Do I wear my apron? I am so nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I mention I was nervous:eek:

I already have everything set up to take for a drawing a "free show". I have a few items for them to purchase if they would like to and I am making some recruit packets to hand out. I am taking my old catalogs to give out to people. I was also going to do a drawing for a free product. I have 3 of the round woven selections so I was going to use one of them for the product. I can't think beyond that point. I was thinking about doing a book to look box to set on the table to get anyone who may really be interested in booking to book that day. What do you think?

If you have ANYTHING, ideas, posters, flyers, again ANYTHING that would help, PLEASE email me or post it here! I will be checking in a lot tomorrow for support:D

Thank you so much to all of you!

God Bless,
Dee

I started my pc business in Sept. I did my first fair in Oct/Nov so I did not have a lot of products but I did my best. I wanted to be able to demo some items if I was asked so I a lemon, some broccoli and a large choc. bar. That way I could show some of the products. People like to be able to see how things worked and I had some people that used the food chopper and the microplane. Good luck, I would ware your apron or at least your name tag. If you have a pc shirt you could just ware that.

Since you have so many woven selections make a sign showing everyone that they can get them 60% for hosting in June. You might just get some shows booked. If you are looking for recruits have a flyer showing what you get for $100 as a guest, host, and consultant. (It is in the files somewhere) Good luck and try not to be nervous! I always try to picture myself doing well, then I do well! Good luck Dee!

I have that $100 flyer... I just downloaded it today from the files section. It was so interesting.

free productI'd have a drawing for free products. Give away something and then give a "free show" to everyone who registers. (Email me later and I'll see if I can find the script my director gave me for this). People are more likely to register for something free but a free show isn't so appealing. Good luck.

Thanks so farThese are some great ideas!

I was planning on doing the free show and thinking about giving away a Woven selection, now I know I will. And I am going to put some sparkly stars in the quick stir pitcher to demo. I was thinking about getting some apples and demoing the APCS. What do you think?

I don't want to have to do a lot of cooking to be able to go. Thinking about doing some fruit in the new Chillzaine piece too. I just don't want to much work getting ready.

I don't have anywhere to hang anything which stinks. I am making a large poster tomorrow to hang on the front of the table. I hope it looks nice.

If you have anything else, let me know!

God Bless,
Dee

Homeschool FairI do the homeschool fair here in town every year. I lay out some flyers that talk about homeschooling and PC. I will attach it so you can view it. It had testimonies of other homeschool moms here in my town that are also consultants including myself.
We also did a FREE prize giveaway and had the ladies fill out my drawing slips with my consultant info at the bottom, that way we could sort through the drawing slips after it was all over.
Our directors were great, they put it all together and even donated the stone we raffled for the fair table.
I also had stuff for them to purchase right then and there. I also had two host packets ready to go, just in case and I did get 3 bookings for only 2 hours of standing around. I also walked around to see the curriculum, games for kids, scripture cards, etc. I loved it!!
We had out many different products so everyone could come by and touch them, see them up close, and try them out.
I had old catalogs also to give away and a few current ones in case someone wanted to place an order.

Debbie

Attachments

• pc & homeschool.doc
    78.5 KB · Views: 438
QuestionHi Dee,

I've been doing fairs and craft shows for a few months now and it sounds like you have a lot of great ideas! My suggestion is if you have a few products to display (especially from the new product line) take them along. They definitely get people's attention, then once they're at your table you can start talking to them, and I would mention the free drawing to everyone who stops by your table. Best Wishes!!! You'll do great!

-Marie
Allentown, PA

Amazing Day!!Hello Ladies!

I had to get back to you an let you know how Saturday went. I set up my table with products and then purchased an easle and made a poster board to put information on. I had the flyers on the board available for people. My husband was there with me, so I even had a lot of men come up to my table. Everyone who passed by I asked them to please make sure they signed up for the drawing for the Woven Round Tray I was giving away. I recieved 52 entries into the drawing.

Of those 52, I recieved 5 yes to interest in becoming a consultant, 7 maybe to becoming a consultant, 10 yes to a show, 12 maybe to a show, 1 yes to bridal or fundraiser information, and 5 maybe to a catalog show.

I was amazed at the responce and the number of people who wanted information and even my old catalogs. I found business card maganets on clearance at Wal Mart there and handed out over 50 magnets!

I am so excited. I called 7 of the slips today and have to send out 3 recruit packets and 2 hostess packets!

Thank you all for your help and support! I was so nervous. The flyers and handouts were amazing! I appreiciate all your help! I'll keep you updated as to how things turn out.

God Bless,
Dee

Congrats of the wonderful response. That is amazing!! Good luck!!:) :)

1. What time is the homeschool fair on Saturday?

The homeschool fair on Saturday starts at 10:00 AM and ends at 4:00 PM.

2. Where is the location of the fair?

The fair will be held at the local community center on Main Street.

3. Can I bring my own table to set up my booth?

Yes, each vendor is responsible for bringing their own table and any other equipment needed for their booth.

4. Is there a fee to participate as a vendor at the fair?

Yes, there is a vendor fee of $25 to participate in the homeschool fair. This fee helps cover the cost of the venue and advertising.

5. Do I need to sell products related to homeschooling in order to participate?

No, the fair is open to all types of vendors. However, it is recommended to have products or services that would be of interest to homeschooling families.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • Chef Ritz
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Sk8Mom209
  • Cindycooks