• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is This an Email Scam from a Fake Customer?

In summary, Roger Cox, the person who emailed Pampered Consultants, is a scammer. He is asking for large orders with an offer to overpay the product total with a cashier's check or money order. He has also sent suspicious emails, without providing a shipping address. Pampered Consultants should not reply to this email and should report it to the State Police.
gailz2
Gold Member
I received an email a week or so ago from Roger Cox who wanted to order Pampered items. The English was a bit broken, so I responded and asked what exactly he wanted, and removed all my signature info from my email. He just responded. I'm quite sure now it is a hoax, should I just ignore the message?
Hello

How you doing... i was going through your Pampered store online and find some nice product that i will love to order from you for the new house warning...... I will have ordered them from my former Pampered rep but she is so ill and got cancer and do not sell any more i will love to make you my new Pampered Rep . Payment will be made to you via Bank Certified Check or Money order so let me know if the mode of payment is accepted, as i do not operate Credit Card or Debt Card and i am a deaf, i'll also tell my friends about you so that they also patronize you.
&nb sp;
THIS IS THE UNIQE PRODUCTS I WANT TO ORDER.

#2707 BBQ Grill Basket — $28.50 (Qty 4)

#2694 BBQ Flexible Turner — $19.50 (Qty 4)

#1526 Cookie Press — $32.50 (Qty 4)

#1900 Clock/Timer — $16.00 (Qty 4)

#2797 Stainless Mesh Colanders — $36.00 (Qty 4)

#2156 Hot Pad/Trivet - Cranberry — $10.50 (Qty 4)

#2272 Quick-Stir® Pitcher — $16.50 (Qty 4)

Kindly let me know if they is discount on it cos am adding you $15 to your amount of the order, am gonna need you to kindly get back to me asap with your Total amount with the $15 am adding you,full name and contact address (not P O Box) so that i can have the full payment sent to you from my debtor asap and you can process with the order asap.I hope to do more business with you in the nearest future and hope to read from you soon. I want all order to be mail to your address so my mover can come for pick up from you okay after it deliver to you ok
God bless you more..

Sincerely

Ooops, I didn't see the other post regarding this same sort of email. Have to say I was a bit jealous one was offered $20 extra to my $15--LOL. I'll not be responding--if someone else wants this order, have at it... (kidding)

I just copied the emails and sent them to the State Police, it will be interesting to see their response.

Yes, let us know. I hate this sort of stuff and if it is a scam, I hope they catch them!

there was a warning a while back stating that if anyone ever wants to send you a certified check or money order for something, simply write back and tell them you can not accept those. The order must be paid for via a personal credit card only for the exact amount. In most cases you will never hear back from that person. If you do, more than likely the order is real. And if they do place that order via personal credit card and it does not go through, so be it. You simply call HO after the "HOLD" shows up and cancel the order and explain why. This way, the only thing you are out is an order. Not the money.

No legit order would be paying MORE money over the amount due....that is your clue.

HO's warning in the June 19th PC Newswire, said NOT to even reply, because then they now know your email is good.

Guidelines for Unsolicited Email

We''ve recently received*several reports from Consultants regarding suspicious emails from unknown customers.*In some cases, it appears that*Consultants received emails from individuals who filled out the Contact*Me form on their Personal Web Site, and in other cases, it appears Consultants have been emailed directly.*These emails*are most likely the result of spam*or email phishing.

The email may*include requests for*large orders*with an offer to*overpay*the product total with a cashier''s check or money order. And in a few emails, the shipping address was not given or*suspicious.*As a precaution, never engage with*unknown customers who are*requesting cashier''s checks or certified checks for over the amount of the purchase price. They are often fraudulent and expect you to refund the difference, thereby gaining access to your banking information.*If you are unfamiliar with the customer who sent the email, report the email as junk or spam and delete the email. Sending a reply to an unknown sender may simply verify that yours is a working email address and could result in even more unwanted messages.
Just delete it.

I haven't ever received a payment by money order only 1 be cause her CC was on hold and she had to pay for the products . If some one 's only way was by money order wha ts the problem it's a bank check .im not understanding whyithas to be a credit card or reasonable check

chef131doreen said:
I haven't ever received a payment by money order only 1 be cause her CC was on hold and she had to pay for the products . If some one 's only way was by money order wha ts the problem it's a bank check .im not understanding whyithas to be a credit card or reasonable check

Because they arent real checks. You think they are because they are money orders, but they are not real....forged checks basically.

I AM SO SORRY! Bobbi is correct. HO did say not to respond. I forgot about that. The info I referred to was NOT from HO. And yes, anyone can print a money order or check. There are programs out there that allow people to print checks. In fact, some versions of Quicken can do your personal checks still! All you need to do is to purchase special paper and ink. The ink, magnetic just like real checks or money orders, are cashable! These were widely used in the early 90's when scamming was not so prevalent. We had a check printer at Universal for petty cash or incidentals or even as far as sending refunds for over payments to customers! WE PRINTED THEM RIGHT IN HOUSE ON OUR REGULAR LASER AND INK JET PRINTERS! INCLUDING THE MAGNETIC NUMBERS ON THE BOTTOM! And they are still out there for businesses to use freely. We used them legitimately, others could use them illegally. Those programs are still out there and are still widely used. They also could be customized with almost anything on them. So technically they are real. There is just no money in any account to back them up.

1. Is Pampered Chef a legitimate company?

Yes, Pampered Chef is a reputable direct sales company that has been in business for over 40 years. We are a member of the Direct Selling Association and have a strong commitment to ethical business practices.

2. Is there a fee to join Pampered Chef?

Yes, there is a one-time enrollment fee of $109 to become a Pampered Chef consultant. This fee covers the cost of your starter kit, which includes over $450 worth of products to get your business started.

3. Do I have to meet a sales quota as a consultant?

No, there is no sales quota required to maintain your consultant status. However, we do encourage our consultants to actively share and sell our products in order to grow their business and earn income.

4. Are there any hidden costs or fees?

No, there are no hidden costs or fees associated with being a Pampered Chef consultant. We are transparent about all costs and fees involved and provide our consultants with all the necessary tools and support to run their business.

5. Can I make a living as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, many of our consultants are able to make a full-time income by actively selling and sharing our products. However, the amount of income you can make will depend on your efforts and dedication to your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookn' katie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Eftilly
Replies