• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Phone Phobia: My 5 Calls Success Story

In summary, Heather was able to make follow up CC calls after making five calls. Her first call was a shaky call, but the other four calls were successful.
heat123
Silver Member
I'm probably one of the worst phone phobic PC gals around and I actually got on the horn and made 5 calls just now! Whooo-hooo, major deal for me! I had made some CC calls a month ago (on machine only) but this was the very first time I made calls to follow up on with the "maybe" interested slips. My first one was a total shakey call, I messed up my script, I stutttered and could not get the words out right! So she says Umm I will have to think about it (like I was this crazy lady). I kept up the momentum and figured it couldn't get worse than that! :eek:
2nd call she said yes she would be interested (as I followed the script verbatum) after about 5min of telling her the host specials and how much her friend earned at her show etc.. she said yes not sure about month, either March or April but -yeay- for me! :)
#3,4 and 5 were not home. But I I finally made some follow up calls! Whhh it feels like a load was lifted! Now I just have to make myself call the not home later tonight? Dont' know if friday is a good night though? :confused:

thanks for listening or reading my major triumph! :D

Yay!! Good for you, that's awesome!! Keep up the great work!! (And pass some of that confidence on to me, lol.)

Friday night is a hard night sometimes to get ahold of people. Try tomorrow morning at around 10- 11 am. Most people are home around then. Good luck!

Congratulations Heather!

I feel the same way when I'm done making CC calls, like a weight was lifted!!
I just like the outcome of making calls. Everyone really appreciates it, and most of the time you'll get someone who wants to host a show. :D

Keep making the calls, it's worth it!

Congratulations on taking a big step and making those follow-up calls! It can be nerve-wracking to make those calls, but it sounds like you did a great job. Don't worry about the shaky first call, it happens to all of us. The important thing is that you kept going and ended up getting a yes from the second call. Great job sticking to the script and sharing the host specials and success stories from other shows. That's a great way to get people interested and excited about hosting a show. It's also great that you have a plan to follow up with the ones who weren't home. Friday nights can be hit or miss, but it's always worth a try. Keep up the great work and don't be afraid to reach out for support or advice if you need it. You've got this!

1. How did you first realize you had phone phobia?

I first realized I had phone phobia when I would avoid making important phone calls and would feel extremely anxious and nervous whenever I had to make a call.

2. What were the steps you took to overcome your phone phobia?

I started by acknowledging and accepting my fear of making phone calls. Then, I gradually exposed myself to making more and more calls, starting with less intimidating ones and building up to more challenging ones. I also sought support from a therapist and practiced deep breathing and relaxation techniques to manage my anxiety.

3. How did using Pampered Chef's 5 Calls method help you overcome your phone phobia?

The 5 Calls method provided a structured and manageable approach to making phone calls. It gave me a clear goal of making five calls each day, which helped me stay focused and motivated. It also helped me break down larger tasks into smaller, more manageable ones, making the process less overwhelming.

4. Did you face any setbacks or challenges while using the 5 Calls method?

Yes, there were times when I still felt anxious or avoided making calls, but I reminded myself that it was a process and not to be too hard on myself. I also reached out to my support system for encouragement and continued to practice the techniques I learned to manage my anxiety.

5. How has overcoming your phone phobia impacted your personal and professional life?

Overcoming my phone phobia has greatly improved my communication skills and confidence. I no longer feel anxious or avoid making important phone calls, which has helped me in both my personal and professional life. I am now able to effectively communicate over the phone and have even taken on roles that require a lot of phone communication.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies