• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Did Get Out of My Comfort Zone

well, let's just say a company event and it conflicts with my party. I don't think I am going to make it.Sucks! Oh well, at least you tried.That is really tough to lose a party. Congrats on trying, though.
pampered1224
Silver Member
And I got TWO bookings because of it! At my party Saturday, I actually did put out the close in party! A lady booked for March 20th right there on the spot! Then, I did something else bold. I e-mailed the Human Resources person at the place that laid me off and asked if I could come in one day this month to introduce the new products. Well, I did that Sunday night. I got a YES today and will be doing a party there on the 19th! TO COOL!! Now I gotta make sure I get sales! I am so hoping for the $100 NC Discount! That makes 4 total parties this month! I really need two more at least. Maybe I will go to the bar down the road! I have done fairly well there.

Wow, John! Terrific news. Good luck and let us know how everything goes!

I am really bad at leaving my comfort zone so to even bring it up is well, great! I think I will be able to milk it a while as I am on a high now because of these to "hits". Funny how somethings are much harder to do than others, but only you know what I mean.

Go John! Getting out the comfort zone is stepping into the money zone! ;)

John, this is fantastic!! Keep pushing that comfort zone and you will see little by little, it is easier to stretch out of it more frequently.

Now what do you do to get them to book in close? I have a terrible time with that and I need to do some stretching of my own! Thanks for sharing!

Hurrah! Stretch that comfort zone! Yesterday I talked PC with my dental hygenist while getting stage 1 of a crown. I left a catalogue & order form with her and got a maybe on a show, with a more positive maybe on a catalogue show.

Congratulations, John! I'm so proud of you. It's not easy to do something new.

WOOHOO John!

This is exactly what I need to do. I just started 2 weeks ago, a week after I lost my job. I just can't seem to push beyond the friends/family-who as alot of know..aren't always that great. Its hard to seem all positive and push excitement when I am still shocked and devesatated by my job loss. Reading all this definately helps. You are all a great bunch of people with great ideas/stories/passion!!

~Alissa

The one was easy as it was a simple e-mail to my EX-jobs Human Resources person. I would have asked if I still worked there so I did it anyway. I figured why not? Now, as for the booking in close thing. I asked if anyone wanted to help me out to get money deducted from my National Conference Registration. I decided to do what I had heard in some of the seminars at National Conference, and that was to use something I wanted to get bookings. It makes it much easier to ask. I can do this via e-mail but to actually say it out loud at a party is not what I do. I feel like a beggar. So I had to think that it is NO different than doing it via e-mail. It is just that I WILL HEAR IT and so will they. I had to say it in such a way that it did not sound like begging. So I got myself excited about going, then I explained why I wanted to go and then asked for help. And Heidi booked a party to help me out. People like to help so... I will do the same thing again to book more parties so I can go to Toronto or Hawaii! That I need to do at every single party! Now, just wish me luck as starting tomorrow as I will have some help, I am going up the road to a different neighborhood to knock on doors! I want at least 10 yeses for April! Hopefully, they will not all be inviting the neighbors!

WAHOOOOOO John,

That is fabulous news and just what I needed to read. I've been having a rough week and needed to read GOOD news! I'm so excited and happy for ya! Keep it up....I'm looking forward to reading your final stats. Hello NC!

This is cool Laurie! The feeling of doing it and getting it to work is awesome. Like I said earlier it will make it easier to keep doing it. I have 11 days after Heidi's party and I am hoping to get one of the ladies there to book one before the 31st!

BARF!!! I lost the party at my old place of employment. I got an e-mail this morning that they are hosting some big wigs from some other company. (Just a side note, I feel sad about this because it means that the owner of this company is actively looking to sell the business. I have so many friends there and I can only hope that maybe they will be able to stay if someone new does come in.) Anyway, she said postponed so I am hoping maybe still in March so I might hit the $2500 mark for 1/2 off NC. Oh well, at least I got a yes to a question I normally would not have asked! I am doing a few more today as well to see what happens!

keep asking!! How bad do you want it? =)

What is the close in party?

A close in party is when you hold the party very close to the party it is being booked from. 2 weeks in this case. "Booking in close", "Close in party" are just a few of the ways it is said. You want to target the people who you find out need something but would rather get it free. In my case the guest mentioned that after 4 years, she broke her large round stone. So she would love to replace it with the large round stone w/handles but wants to get it free or at half off. Perfect set up for me to get that "close in party" as she wants it NOW!
So... that is when making sure you have your ears "open" all the time helps a lot! You gotta be able to hear what the guests are talking about then find the right opportunity to jump on. I was in the kitchen when Heidi mentioned her stone. She was around the corner in the living room. I heard her comment and simply said, Heidi, I need parties and I know we can get that stone for you for free or at least at 50% off. So about 15 minutes later she said how soon, I asked her if she could do it in a week. She said, Wow that fast? I said sure! I have my recipes together, I have catalogs and order forms with me and I can e-mail you an invite, set up an on-line party and have you all set by 7 a.m. tomorrow. She said let me check. She checked her calendar and we went two weeks out! Those little comments from guests at any party are the key though. You NEED to know what they are looking for so you can take advantage of that info.

John, you are cookin'!!!! Go get em'!!!

Thanks for explaining the close in party! This is a great technique I will be sure to use!

What does "getting out of your comfort zone" mean?

Getting out of your comfort zone refers to stepping outside of your usual routines, habits, and familiar surroundings. It involves trying new things and pushing yourself to try something different or challenging.

Why is it important to get out of your comfort zone?

Getting out of your comfort zone can lead to personal growth, increased confidence, and new experiences. It can also help you overcome fears and limitations, and open up new opportunities.

What are some examples of getting out of your comfort zone?

Examples of getting out of your comfort zone can include trying a new hobby or activity, traveling to a new place, public speaking, or taking on a new responsibility at work or in your personal life.

How can I get out of my comfort zone if I am afraid?

Start small and gradually work your way up to bigger challenges. Surround yourself with supportive and encouraging people, and remind yourself of the potential benefits and growth that can come from stepping out of your comfort zone.

What are some tips for successfully getting out of your comfort zone?

Some tips for successfully getting out of your comfort zone include setting realistic goals, being open to learning and making mistakes, and celebrating your achievements and progress along the way. Remember to also take care of yourself and listen to your own needs and boundaries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kim1711
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • smspamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef