• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lifetime Guarantee: Is $12.72 Really Ridiculous?

In summary, the customer was told that the lifetime guarantee on their cookware had ended and they would have to pay to get a new pan.
melindagilbert
I did a vendor event and a lady next to me was telling me about her cookware she had gotten back in 2003, which was the professional cookware. the coating has been flaking off. So I called the home office to get it replaced and they no longer carry that piece any longer and to get the new style it would be $12.72 I call the customer and she said that was ridiculous because it is suppose to be lifetime guarantee and I should not have to pay that. What do you say to someone that says that? I see her point, but then I see it as you can not get a new pan for that.

Re: ReplacementsThere should be some sort of disclaimer--"lifetime guarantee...or until we stop selling the product."

Re: ReplacementsWhy is it $12.72? What a weird price quote!Call back & ask for a supervisor. But for future reference, it's usually best to let the customer deal with HO on cookware returns. They have a BUNCH of questions now that they ask and being the middle man is just too hard, we never know all the answers. It's much easier to just let them & the customer chat so that the customer can answer all those questions in one phone call vs dragging it out while you try to get the next answer & c/b only to learn that there's something else they need to know & that you'll have to call the customer back again. They've had a LOT of bogus warranty returns on cookware, causing them to crack down on returns. They won't be able to give her a matching pan to the Professional line, as they don't carry them anymore or have them in stock. But they should be able to send her one from the Executive line to replace the one that's damaged. It won't match, but at least it's something ... ;)

Re: ReplacementsThey determine the price by how the customer paid for the professional piece (ie, 1/2 price, discounted, etc.). They do something like take the current price and subtract the old price......I've always had different amounts when I call for a replacement for customers.

Re: ReplacementsThe executive cookware is an upgrade from the professional line so they charge for the difference. Tell the customer that for the money she is getting a better piece that will last longer!

Re: ReplacementsThanks everyone, she said she already got a pan to replace it, which I am sure she paid more than $12.72 for. I told her to keep the one that is messed up, and if she changed her mind and would like to get the upgrade to call me. I agree I think with cookware it is just best to have them call the home office so you are not the middle man

1. Is $12.72 really a ridiculous price for a lifetime guarantee?

No, $12.72 is not a ridiculous price for a lifetime guarantee. In fact, it is a relatively low cost for the peace of mind and assurance that comes with a lifetime guarantee.

2. What does the lifetime guarantee cover?

The specific coverage of a lifetime guarantee may vary depending on the product or service. However, in general, a lifetime guarantee provides protection against defects, malfunctions, or damage for the entire lifespan of the product.

3. Are there any conditions or limitations to the lifetime guarantee?

Yes, there may be certain conditions or limitations to a lifetime guarantee. Some guarantees may only cover manufacturing defects, while others may exclude accidental damage or normal wear and tear. It is important to read the terms and conditions of the guarantee carefully.

4. How do I redeem the lifetime guarantee?

The process for redeeming a lifetime guarantee may vary depending on the product or service. In most cases, you will need to provide proof of purchase and contact the company or manufacturer to initiate the claim process.

5. Is a lifetime guarantee transferable?

It depends on the terms and conditions of the guarantee. Some guarantees may be transferable to a new owner, while others may only be valid for the original purchaser. Again, it is important to read the details of the guarantee carefully.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MLinAZ
  • Chef Diane
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chesse
  • merego